Proposal: Karlsson to EDM for futures (no Drai/Klef/Larsson/RNH)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers' payroll is tight without Karlsson. Just to fit him in at $6.5m, the Oilers would have to send one of those four guys to balance the books.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
More Karlsson threads not needed.

Also, no deal. Much rather have Karlsson than those pieces.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The Oilers' payroll is tight without Karlsson. Just to fit him in at $6.5m, the Oilers would have to send one of those four guys to balance the books.

The cap is going up to 82M, they'll have plenty of room.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As a neutral fan that seems like a terrible return. I would want an offer to blow me out of the water to trade Karlsson. This offer is not that.

Lets be real. If Karlsson truly wants to be traded, there is not going to be a shortage of offers for the Sens.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
As an Oilers and Sens fan I wouldn't want Karlsson on the Oilers at all. To lose all that young prospect talent that they don't have enough of is not worth it. The Chances of Karlsson leaving the Sens is as much chance as Bettman putting an expansion team in Quebec.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
I think Sens fans are going to be pretty disappointed how this Karlsson situation ends up. Don’t see him resigning and I think the return for will be diminished due to contract status. Plus you have Dorion who I wouldn’t trust after getting just fleeced in the Duchene trade.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Thoughts on a future package for an extended Karlsson? I'd want something like Nurse + Puljujarvi + Yamamoto + Bear + 1st.
Nurse is already better than Klefbom so not sure how he is part of the "futures". lol @ that package wouldnt sniff Karlsson.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Oilers couldnt and wouldnt offer that much futures for what? 120 games of Erik Karlsson?

Resigned to a fair deal I might agree with you.
If a team does trade for ek, they are signing him long term.... eks contract status is irrelavent.

Ott isnt going to trade him as rental price tag

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
If a team does trade for ek, they are signing him long term.... eks contract status is irrelavent.

Ott isnt going to trade him as rental price tag

His contract status is very relevant if he isn't happy with a team that acquires him he can walk very easily.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Why not Karlsson for Draisaitl?
I think we'd be adding at least 2 considerable pieces. Sens fans can't really play the "McDavid or GTFO" anymore, but I think the add would have to be Puljujarvi + Bear to Drai just to get them to listen. I'd do that as an Oil fan. Still not sure Sens fans would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad