Proposal: Karlsson to EDM for futures (no Drai/Klef/Larsson/RNH)

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
If He signs a 7 year 12 mill extension I would offer Draisaitl, Klefbom, and unprotected 1st 2019

Without Extension it would be Nuge, Benning, and 1st top 5 protected 2018 ( which I understand is not a full offer but 120 games of #65 is about what I see as fair) If he does sign then add a big + on oiler side ( Maybe Yamamoto)

Reactions: zar

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
If He signs a 7 year 12 mill extension I would offer Draisaitl, Klefbom, and unprotected 1st 2019

Without Extension it would be Nuge, Benning, and 1st top 5 protected 2018 ( which I understand is not a full offer but 120 games of #65 is about what I see as fair) If he does sign then add a big + on oiler side ( Maybe Yamamoto)

That offer is complete garbage

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

:laugh: Nuge, Benning and a 1st top protected from 2018 doesn't even come close to getting you Erik Karlsson without an extension most teams would easily beat that offer.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
What if Karlsson re-signs for less than what were thinking but only if he's moved to a team he approves of ? I imagine he'd re-sign with Ottawa if they massively overpay him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Edmonton acquire Karlsson just so that Oilers/Ducks rivalry returns, yes it makes the Oilers better but also LA/SJ/CGY/LV would be facing him too.
2018-19 the Oilers Top 4 D-men could look like Karlsson/Sekera pairing & then a Larsson/Dahlin pairing. All those brilliant passes from Karlsson would help Edmonton's underperforming bottom 6 forwards get back on track. Find a taker for Lucic, sign a backup goalie that helps reduce the pressure on Talbot so they can play Talbot in only 60 games or so.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I can't see the Oilers making a realistic offer

really?

I think Edmonton is one of the better fits for a Karlsson trade considering they have young pieces and big contracts - two things that would likely need to be moved to get/sign Karlsson

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Which Karlsson are the Oilers getting in return?

I wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder for right now Karlsson. Will he return to his old form? I certainly don't think the Oilers should take that bet. If he returns to form well that's different. Right now there are questions as to whether he will.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

I wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder for right now Karlsson. Will he return to his old form? I certainly don't think the Oilers should take that bet. If he returns to form well that's different. Right now there are questions as to whether he will.

Well thanks for letting us know that we can avoid taking anything you say seriously.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown

This is a poor quality take.

Karlsson would immediately become the best Dman the Oilers have had since Pronger left. I'm not sure how anyone could look through his NHL resume and come away from it wondering if he's going to "return to form".

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
This is a poor quality take.

Karlsson would immediately become the best Dman the Oilers have had since Pronger left. I'm not sure how anyone could look through his NHL resume and come away from it wondering if he's going to "return to form".

To be totally honest, no he wouldn't.

Karlsson is really really bad this year. One of the worst defenseman defensively in the entire league, and likely as an overall player has been roughly the same level as Phaneuf and Ceci.

It really can't be overstated how bad he is this year.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That's not even close, No way is Dorion dealing Karlsson to Edmonton without Draisaitl heading the other way especially if there's a chance that Karlsson signs with the Oilers.

That begs the question of why would any team offer that up when Ottawa isn't going to sign him anyways? The teams that have both the assets and the space aren't likely to break the bank for him. Ottawa will have to take the best offer and I bet it won't be anything close to that. EKs no trade list limits that even further. If Ottawa doesn't take what other teams offer then they lose EK for nothing. I'd imagine a few teams like Toronto and Edmonton will take their chances in FA with hin rather then sell off their futures.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown

Karlsson is really really bad this year. One of the worst defenseman defensively in the entire league, and likely as an overall player has been roughly the same level as Phaneuf and Ceci.

I see what you're trying to do...

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Honest question for Sens fans - why is he so much worse? He was good defensively last year. Does he look slower? Disinterested? The results of playing for a dumpster fire team where everything is going wrong? What gives?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Unless its a mobility issue then I wouldn't be too worried. Lots of players have a bad month of hockey. Remember that he spent the summer rehabbing an injury, not getting ready for the NHL season. It shouldn't be surprising that he isn't at his peak right now. If he has mobility issues though, that is concerning as that was the strongest part of his game.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Unless its a mobility issue then I wouldn't be too worried. Lots of players have a bad month of hockey. Remember that he spent the summer rehabbing an injury, not getting ready for the NHL season. It shouldn't be surprising that he isn't at his peak right now. If he has mobility issues though, that is concerning as that was the strongest part of his game.

It appears that he is having a hard time turning to his left. I could be wrong though. Just something I noticed in the short views I have had of him.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Well thanks for letting us know that we can avoid taking anything you say seriously.

His numbers are pretty bad right now and he is not moving very well. Players have had their careers shortened/lessened by foot problems.

It might be just because he didn't get to train or is still timid. If/when he returns to form then you trade big to get him if he is signed. It would not be a good idea right now just in case...

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010

How about a 4th AND a 5th? Or is that still too rich for your blood to give up for Karlsson? LOLOLOL

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Lol I can't wait to see Ottawa lose Karlsson for ****ing nothing.

Atleast they might be force to trade their Franchise D-man because they'll be rebuilding and he'll cost too much. Your team on the hand traded yours after signing him to long contract for a older broken down D-man with a crappy contract who has maybe 2 more good years left....

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Atleast they might be force to trade their Franchise D-man because they'll be rebuilding and he'll cost too much. Your team on the hand traded yours after signing him to long contract for a older broken down D-man with a crappy contract who has maybe 2 more good years left....

I know. f*** the Habs management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->