Proposal: Kane to the Flames

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Haha I know this is very unlikely/impossible, but what about a big shot at eichel (this would be roughly equivalent to when seguin was traded):

Backlund
Sam Bennett
Fox or valimaki

For eichel

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Haha I know this is very unlikely/impossible, but what about a big shot at eichel (this would be roughly equivalent to when seguin was traded):

Backlund
Sam Bennett
Fox or valimaki

For eichel

Wow... you’re living up to your name at least.

I’m guessing for Eichel one of Johnny, Monahan or Tkachuk would be going the other way with a pretty significant plus (especially if it was the last 2).

topcheezy

Sep 3, 2017
i'm still not ready to give up on bennett. he's such a streaky player but has shown flames fans that he can play at a high level when his confidence is up. it's all mental with him but the new line of bennett-jankowski-jagr has been great so far and is really fun to watch. bennett cranked the crossbar last game and has been getting tons more chances on this new line. i'd hate to see him traded now instead of seeing how this line plays out for the rest of the season

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
The trade value of this trade is brutal, but the craziest thing about this proposal is the notion that Kane will re-sign with the Flames rather than test the UFA market.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Hardly scraps (minus bennett maybe) and it is arguably as good or better than the seguin to dallas deal. Make it both fox and valimaki (or Kylington, andersson) and the flames could also Toss in the 2019 1st

Except that was a bad deal and everyone knows it. Is us trading Matt Moulson for Tkachuk fair because one time Erat was traded for Forsberg? You can't simply find the most lopsided deal and say it is a reasonable precedent.

The deal is more reasonable with the additions you have stated but i still don't think Buffalo takes it.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Hardly scraps (minus bennett maybe) and it is arguably as good or better than the seguin to dallas deal. Make it both fox and valimaki (or Kylington, andersson) and the flames could also Toss in the 2019 1st

It's as good as one of the worst trades ever! Good work!

Reactions: cybresabre

backtrack153

Mar 3, 2011
Treliving was at the Sabres game tonight and you know Burke would love Kane's style.
Kane didn't disappoint scoring his 11 goal and 19th point in 19 games.
Chad Johnson also started for the Sabres....

Kane (50%) & signed
Chad Johnson
Jake McCabe
2nd

for

Sam Bennett
Brodie
Eddie Lack
I'll add to the crazy blockbuster deal!! Haha

I don't think this proposal is too far off as long as Kane is signed, but in my opinion the deal ends up being:

Brodie, Lack, Anderson, Lazar

For

Girgensons, McCabe, Johnson, Kane (signed)

Flames would likely roll:
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
3M
Kane-Jankowski-Jagr
Versteeg-Girgensons-Brouwer

Hamilton-Giordano
Hamonic-McCabe
Stone-Kulak

Smith
Johnson

This is a scary looking flames team, it's tough to move Bennett as it could blow up, but likely Bennett won't amount to what Kane is now. I think it makes sense for where both teams are currently at.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
If the flames had a pick in 2018 I would think this is the deal, but can't see Buffalo wanting a 2019 first...
No way when there will be other suitors with better offers. We need someone on the verge of being NHL ready (actually probably more than that) or recently drafted high with clear upside. Doubt they trade him for picks as we can't continue the Buffalo suck forever.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
No way when there will be other suitors with better offers. We need someone on the verge of being NHL ready (actually probably more than that) or recently drafted high with clear upside. Doubt they trade him for picks as we can't continue the Buffalo suck forever.

Rasmus Andersson meets your criteria.

Reactions: Chainshot

backtrack153

Mar 3, 2011
Ya that's it buffalo needs now talent.... gotta think guys like Mangipane (sp.), Andersson, Kylington, Kulak are guys buffalo likely will be interested in

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
It's not that. I realize that the guy can pot goals rather well, however, what assets do we have for Buffalo to be interested in trading him to us? We don't pick until the 3rd round. We don't really have a decent forward to give back to grab Kane from you guys. I feel like he's a bit to pricey for what we are looking for.

I was only commenting on the Flames fans who literally said they would not take Kane for free.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Sounds like the Treliving was at the Sabres/Jackets game yesterday. But so was Chiarelli...and our GM is looking to save the Oilers season and his own job for that matter...which I don't like the sound of ......

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Sounds like the Treliving was at the Sabres/Jackets game yesterday. But so was Chiarelli...and our GM is looking to save the Oilers season and his own job for that matter...which I don't like the sound of ......
I would think Chiarelli is looking at CBJ D, in a possible RNH swap. Although, he does have a weird fascination with power LWs.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I don't see Andersson being made available, nor any future 1st round picks in a deal for Evander Kane.

First and foremost he is a left shot left winger. Not a need whatsoever.
Secondly, Micheal Ferland is starting to put to rest any notion that another top six option is necessary at this point.
Thirdly, Kane is a player who is an upcoming UFA that has not eclipsed the 43 point mark in 5 seasons. Yes, he has had a phenomenal start to the year but trading for him now would be buying high, which is never a smart thing to do.
Lastly, Kane's potential off ice / character issues are a legitimate concern.

I just don't see the need or the want from our end to move valuable future pieces for such an asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad