Proposal: Kane to the Flames

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
This is a poor assessment. While Monahan isn't much of a "playmaker", and Ferland is shooting more on that line, both guys are balanced high IQ players who can work a give and go with Johnny. Kane is basically a rich man's Frolik... shoots every time the puck is his vicinity. Which can be frustrating as sometimes there hasn't been traffic in front of the net for the shot to be dangerous, or linemates like Tkachuk or Eichel or Gaudreau envision a higher-end give and go play developing for a backdoor tap in. Frolik hasn't worked with Gaudreau for the same reason, and is also the weak link on the 3M line.

Would I trade Frolik and a B prospect like Andersson, Ruzicka, Lindstrom, or Gillies for Kane? Probably. But A prospects like Fox, Kylington, Valimaki, Parsons, Bennett, Jankowski, Dube, Phillips, Rittich? Hard No. I just don't think Kane is worth that especially as he won't come without a cap hit and I am not sure he is actually better defensively than Frolik. Evander Kane is a 2.5th liner... skilled enough to produce like a top 6 guy if force fed minutes but you're better off with him on a checking line. I'd compare him to Leo Komarov for instance. He's also incredibly injury prone.
How can you call Andersson a B prospect but call Kylington and Fox A prospects? And Bennett and Jankowski aren’t prospects anymore.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Treliving was at the Sabres game tonight and you know Burke would love Kane's style.
Kane didn't disappoint scoring his 11 goal and 19th point in 19 games.
Chad Johnson also started for the Sabres....

Kane (50%) & signed
Chad Johnson
Jake McCabe
2nd

for

Sam Bennett
Brodie
Eddie Lack
Depends how much Kane is re-signed for. & if it's say about $6 million x 6 why would Buffalo do that only to retain 50%?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I missed that Brodie was included and just thought it was Bennett and Lack and still would have passed. With Brodie in there that is ridiculous.

I wouldn't trade Brodie or Bennett straight up for that package.

Left shot, shoot first, second, third and last LWer is not what the team needs. Throw in what a d-bag he is and it is an easy no for me.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Depends how much Kane is re-signed for. & if it's say about $6 million x 6 why would Buffalo do that only to retain 50%?
The answer is we wouldn't. Any retention would be on his current deal only.

I missed that Brodie was included and just thought it was Bennett and Lack and still would have passed. With Brodie in there that is ridiculous.

I wouldn't trade Brodie or Bennett straight up for that package.

Left shot, shoot first, second, third and last LWer is not what the team needs. Throw in what a d-bag he is and it is an easy no for me.
You are out of your mind if you think Bennet & Lack has any value of meaning in this league. I wouldn't trade McCabe&Johnson for them and McCabe is pretty darn not good at all 4-6D... Throwing in Kane and you refusing just shows that some people live in a parallel universe rather than consider what their actual GMs would do when replying to trade proposals.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Bennett was my favorite young center. When he started in the NHL, I was looking forward to his performance. And nothing.. It is a pity.

Yeah, when I saw that toe-drag move goal, I thought he'd become an elite player, but now, I'm thinking the opposite.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I think the only Sabres piece that once added would make me say "yes" to the OP offer is Eichel. Hopefully that puts into perspective how silly it is. Why is Brodie included?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Kane is poison and no team should have him on their roster. He's playing well only when his contract is about to expire. Selfish and arrogant, why would any team take that risk? Even if they release him on waivers, teams should be careful in dealing with a player that will hurt the clubhouse atmosphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad