Proposal: Kane to the Flames

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Treliving was at the Sabres game tonight and you know Burke would love Kane's style.
Kane didn't disappoint scoring his 11 goal and 19th point in 19 games.
Chad Johnson also started for the Sabres....

Kane (50%) & signed
Chad Johnson
Jake McCabe
2nd

for

Sam Bennett
Brodie
Eddie Lack

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Treliving was at the Sabres game tonight and you know Burke would love Kane's style.

Kane (50%) & signed
Chad Johnson
Jake McCabe
2nd

for

Sam Bennett
Brodie
Eddie Lack

God no. I wouldn't trade for Kane even if it was Kane and Eichel for Brouwer and Stajan. Let alone this package that rational non-biased fans might say is in the Sabres favour.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Kane (50%) & signed
Chad Johnson
Jake McCabe
2nd

for

Sam Bennett
Brodie
Eddie Lack
I wouldn't count on Kane being traded with an extension in place, not saying it couldn't happen, but I think it's more likely a team acquires him as a pure rental. I also don't see any way he returns a defenseman of Brodie's ilk. It's almost certainly going to be futures if/when he's moved.

Reactions: Chainshot

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
God no. I wouldn't trade for Kane even if it was Kane and Eichel for Brouwer and Stajan. Let alone this package that rational non-biased fans might say is in the Sabres favour.
ok lets not... jack eichel would be a god send for us, thats crazy good depth is you can slot monahan down as a 2C. but no, to the OP, not trading brodie when the best piece coming back is evander kane...

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
ok lets not... jack eichel would be a god send for us, thats crazy good depth is you can slot monahan down as a 2C. but no, to the OP, not trading brodie when the best piece coming back is evander kane...

I know it's insanity on my part and that's the point, I hate Kane so much I wouldn't even accept a trade criminally in our favour if Kane comes to our team. If we can trade Kane away as soon as the trade is done I'd accept though.

Reactions: TMLeafs17

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Brodie is more valuable than Kane so the flames lose the trade.

If the second were Sam Reinhart or Alex Nylander instead I would be interested. Or take Bennett out of the deal and add a lesser piece for us

Reactions: Dan403

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Why complicate things?
Kane for Bennett
Not a good trade for Buffalo. A) forwards aren't a glaring weakness given what's on the team now and what's in the pipeline. B) Bennett hasn't been producing. Like at all. At this point he's more of a reclamation project, not someone you trade your best trade chip for. 1st round picks, good defensive prospects should be the ask.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Not intersted in Kane. Don't think he would work well with Gaudreau as all he does is shoot the puck as soon as he gets it. Have seen Eichel frustrated with this quite a bit.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

well thas just beyond silly. woudnt take a guy thats gonna be a 30+g UFA and a franchise C for two contract dumps?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Kane (50%) & signed
Chad Johnson
Jake McCabe
2nd

for

Sam Bennett
Brodie
Eddie Lack

Abandon all sense ye who propose here. Brodie? Come on. That's ridiculous.

Reactions: Dan403

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
*reads thread title*
*Pictures Kane standing in the middle of the ring letting his hands fall down to his sides as pyro shoots off*

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Kane needs to go to a team where the center is a pure passer. I know fans of the Blue Jackets would say no, but Kane would be ideal along side a guy like Wennberg. As for Kane being a 'cancer', he seems to have grown up and is behaving. I know he had the run in at the bar in Buffalo with female patrons, but he seems to have cleaned up his act and has kept a low profile going forward. He knows that this is probably his last opportunity to cash in on a big contract and that's going to mean keeping his nose clean going forward because you can bet that any team that signs him will have provisions built into his contract about him behaving going forward. As well, if you have a strong team with good leadership, he can be kept in track.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not intersted in Kane. Don't think he would work well with Gaudreau as all he does is shoot the puck as soon as he gets it. Have seen Eichel frustrated with this quite a bit.

I know you’re a Flames fan. You do know Johnny plays with Monahan right? Mony’s A pure shooter too.

In fact, I think all Gaudreau ever needs is shooters because he’s so puck dominant. He’s going to make Monahan a 35-40 goal scorer and Ferland a 20-30 goal scorer.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I know you’re a Flames fan. You do know Johnny plays with Monahan right? Mony’s A pure shooter too.

In fact, I think all Gaudreau ever needs is shooters because he’s so puck dominant. He’s going to make Monahan a 35-40 goal scorer and Ferland a 20-30 goal scorer.

This is a poor assessment. While Monahan isn't much of a "playmaker", and Ferland is shooting more on that line, both guys are balanced high IQ players who can work a give and go with Johnny. Kane is basically a rich man's Frolik... shoots every time the puck is his vicinity. Which can be frustrating as sometimes there hasn't been traffic in front of the net for the shot to be dangerous, or linemates like Tkachuk or Eichel or Gaudreau envision a higher-end give and go play developing for a backdoor tap in. Frolik hasn't worked with Gaudreau for the same reason, and is also the weak link on the 3M line.

Would I trade Frolik and a B prospect like Andersson, Ruzicka, Lindstrom, or Gillies for Kane? Probably. But A prospects like Fox, Kylington, Valimaki, Parsons, Bennett, Jankowski, Dube, Phillips, Rittich? Hard No. I just don't think Kane is worth that especially as he won't come without a cap hit and I am not sure he is actually better defensively than Frolik. Evander Kane is a 2.5th liner... skilled enough to produce like a top 6 guy if force fed minutes but you're better off with him on a checking line. I'd compare him to Leo Komarov for instance. He's also incredibly injury prone.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad