Proposal: Kane to the Flames

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
First, Buffalo is losing mostly because they can't score. Why would they trade their best scoring forward now ? Second, Kane's value will never be higher than near the trading deadline in late winter. Botterill will move Kane only after this team's season is essentially over, not before. the only way this changes is if someone else steps up and starts carrying the offensive load.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Don't see how we could even fit him with the cap.

Brodie and Bennett are no goes. We don't have any picks to give.

A defensive prospect plus a cap dump for a rental would be all that would make sense for Calgary but I'm sure someone would top that at the TDL.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

A defensive prospect plus a cap dump for a rental would be all that would make sense for Calgary but I'm sure someone would top that at the TDL.

I think Buffalo would prefer a developing prospect of Andersson's ilk more than they'd want a late-1st rounder at this point.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

We can retain 50% no problem

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Do not want Kane, the only situation where I take Kane is if Eichel is coming with Kane and we get to keep Monahan, Johnny, Tkachuk Dougie Hamilton, Backlund, Gio, and we know that is not happening.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Do not want Kane, the only situation where I take Kane is if Eichel is coming with Kane and we get to keep Monahan, Johnny, Tkachuk Dougie Hamilton, Backlund, Gio, and we know that is not happening.
Good thing GMs dont check with you first before making a trade.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Isn't Kane primarily a left winger, if so not really a need for the Flames. Plus he's an upcoming UFA. Plus with the Flames having traded a bunch of picks, I doubt that players like Andersson are on the table at all.

I'd say this is a pass from the Flames.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Kane+Eichel for Backlund and you'd turn it down then

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
This thread is hilarious. The guy has 12 goals in 21 games. He's 1 goal behind Ovechkin. He has more goals than Stamkos, McDavid, Tarasenko, Laine, etc. But some Flames fans don't want him for free.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
This thread is hilarious. The guy has 12 goals in 21 games. He's 1 goal behind Ovechkin. He has more goals than Stamkos, McDavid, Tarasenko, Laine, etc. But some Flames fans don't want him for free.

It's not that. I realize that the guy can pot goals rather well, however, what assets do we have for Buffalo to be interested in trading him to us? We don't pick until the 3rd round. We don't really have a decent forward to give back to grab Kane from you guys. I feel like he's a bit to pricey for what we are looking for.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It's not that. I realize that the guy can pot goals rather well, however, what assets do we have for Buffalo to be interested in trading him to us? We don't pick until the 3rd round. We don't really have a decent forward to give back to grab Kane from you guys. I feel like he's a bit to pricey for what we are looking for.

Good you know. Bennett certainly isn't worth his value.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I believe your GM is at the Sabres game again tonight.
He seems to be scouting for sure, but there is no guarantee it is Kane that interests the Flames. I think there is a better chance they are discussing Girgensons personally, as I think we could use a 4th line LW, but I don't know what his value would be. I also think discussions about Reinhart or Pominville would be before Kane as we really don't need the help on the left side.

Go home, you’re drunk.
It depends on if Kane comes with an extension or not. With an extension, that would not be a bad deal at all. Kane seems like he has been in the league a long time, but he is still just 26. I also say this as someone who doesn't want Kane anywhere near the Flames because I think he is a piece of garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad