Injury Report: Kane out 4-6 months with torn labrum, Clitsome out indefinitely

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
... except when he isn't actually ready to return, and is out for a longer period of time to recover. It happened last year.

An update on this Kane was practicing with the team today in a non contact jersey.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
How many roster players would we have? Clitsome to IR would make room for one. Can we fit two guys or is someone going to get waived.

We are at 13 F (Cormier is the extra)
7 D (Ellerby is the extra)

IR (Trouba Enstrom Stuart Clitsome Kane)

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Being hurt isn't good, but a willingness to battle through these things is huge in team sports.

Heard a quote once: "playing hurt is part of being a professional athlete, but playing injured should not be".

Whileee

May 29, 2010
An update on this Kane was practicing with the team today in a non contact jersey.

I think I heard Beyak say during the game last night that Kane was hurting after practice and that he seemed doubtful to play on this trip. That's bad news, if true.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Kane has a habit of playing through injuries. I just hope he is healed, as in the past, people have commented on how they can't believe some of the injuries Kane has played through.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Kane has a habit of playing through injuries. I just hope he is healed, as in the past, people have commented on how they can't believe some of the injuries Kane has played through.

Agreed. I kinda got the sinking feeling he's being rushed back because of the slide we're in. Worried he'll leave the game early and we'll find out he's "day to day".

I also am concerned Little may be announced as "day to day" at any moment.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Kane looked great out there tonight. Was aggressive on the forecheck, physical and fast. There shouldn't be anything to worry as far as he is concerned.

Is there an ETA on Trouba's return?

MrMagoo

Nov 12, 2014
On Earth
Trouba

Trouba took part in the Jets morning skate..Ditching the no-contact sweater is a good sign that Trouba is nearing a return and that he could be back before February.

This would really bolster their Defence for the stretch run.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Trouba playing forward drills.

Maurice is trolling I swear.

...no kidding. :laugh:

I swear, the 5--23 pairing might be the most maddening feature of the Jets 2.0 (well, okay, not Setoguchi maddening, but...). Every shift is a calamity waiting to happen. How can Maurice not see this, or Huddy...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am sure every team could use the all star break to get healthier...... None more than the Jets.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Any word on Perreault? Best case scenario is a deep bruise I suppose, and they should be fine vs Arizona without him, results of last game not withstanding.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
From what I saw it looked like it would likely not be a fracture. But wonder why they say he'll miss "some" games? Deep bruise or hit a nerve maybe? You'd think he could play with the pain if it was the former.
It's complicated.
Could have a collection of blood (hematoma) underneath the bone lining. These things can bleed more if disrupted.
Also, keep in mind that subtle bone injuries, presumably like Toby and Kane's, can take a while and require special imaging to diagnose.
The fact that it is not an obvious fracture is great news, though.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Jets wait till after the All Star Break to dress JT. The way we are playing there is no reason to rush him.

Hope Perreault is good to go when we reboot after the break. He has been so fantastic for us this year. That contract is looking unreal.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
It's complicated.
Could have a collection of blood (hematoma) underneath the bone lining. These things can bleed more if disrupted.
Also, keep in mind that subtle bone injuries, presumably like Toby and Kane's, can take a while and require special imaging to diagnose.
The fact that it is not an obvious fracture is great news, though.

i'm imagining that it feels like a horrible case of tennis or golfer's elbow, depending where the hit is. probably hurts for him to stick handle or shoot.
that tendon needs to rest.
assume that he's out for a week.

and i don't know guys...after reading this article on Carcillo, I kind of feel bad for him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-daniel-carcillo-hit-20150117-story.html

"I was just trying to knock him off (the play)," Carcillo said. "I didn't think it was very, like, malicious or anything. You know?"..."I think they're watching everybody, but, yeah, you don't like to see guys get hurt, especially skilled guys," Carcillo said. "It's what the league wants is to see those guys out there. We don't want guys going after (Patrick) Kane and them ... I don't really like to speak on that too much, but I mean, you guys obviously know my reputation, so ... "..."You always want to be able to make certain guys in this room feel comfortable, for them to go out and play their game and use their skill," Carcillo said. "From that standpoint, you don't necessarily need to go out and beat up 15 guys a year. You just kind of have a bit of a reputation of unpredictability and other guys just need to know that if something does happen like that, there'll be an answer."

actually, i hate him even more than i ever did. what a ****ing moron

Whileee

May 29, 2010
From what I saw it looked like it would likely not be a fracture. But wonder why they say he'll miss "some" games? Deep bruise or hit a nerve maybe? You'd think he could play with the pain if it was the former.

I think that the Jets will "reassess the injury" after Carcillo's suspension is handed down. I'm sure that they are pissed, and they'll want the DOPS to come down hard on Carcillo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad