Injury Report: Kane out 4-6 months with torn labrum, Clitsome out indefinitely

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I heard on 1290 they might be traveling with the team. There is a real possibility within the next week or so the only player still out is Trouba.

That is very good to hear I didn't get the latest I had only heard their were practicing for the 2nd day with the non contact jersey's......great news! Unless they are all fudging it to get in a trip to Az and Cali

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The one thing Sara Orlesky mentioned on H & L that was interesting is that while Kane was dealing with the injury from taking the shot on the foot he was also rehabbing another pre existing injury. It sounded like the club was glad Kane was going to get a chance to "fully heal" so perhaps his timetable is much quicker than the clubs but we'll see.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That is very good to hear I didn't get the latest I had only heard their were practicing for the 2dn day with the non contact jersey's......great news! Unless they are all fudging it to get in a trip to Az and Cali

:sarcasm:

But it makes sense they are getting closer. They all had lower body injuries, so to be even practicing with the team (even with non contact) you have to be able to keep up and not be at risk of a setback with any kind of awkward movement.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
But it makes sense they are getting closer. They all had lower body injuries, so to be even practicing with the team (even with non contact) you have to be able to keep up and not be at risk of a setback with any kind of awkward movement.

I thought Toby's was upper body? It seemed to be a bit more mysterious?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Looks like Kane is getting close to returning. Lawless is reporting that Kane is on the road with the team and expects to play during the trip....

If that's true, the Jets might not be quite as desperate to find rental players. Bogo, Enstrom and Kane would be a huge boost to the roster.

What Kane left out is that he was expecting to play for Anaheim during the trip.:sarcasm:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You don't wear a walking boot for upper body. I think it was a high ankle sprain.

Yea I had heard a rumor he was in a walking boot but nothing confirmed? If that's what it was then I am glad it wasn't anything to do with his shoulders.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yea I had heard a rumor he was in a walking boot but nothing confirmed? If that's what it was then I am glad it wasn't anything to do with his shoulders.

I've heard Trouba is still in a forearm cast, but I haven't seen anything to support this.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I've heard Trouba is still in a forearm cast, but I haven't seen anything to support this.

Despite the fact I am getting pretty much everything wrong today I will chime in and let you know I am pretty sure you are correct on this one.

Last edited:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Thank god the Laffs were in town for an easy victory, otherwise that would have been a 4 game skid! Weathering the storm, just barely. Should make a vigil to Trouba...like picture & candle & the rest of it.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Maurice seemed in awe of Kane's pain tolerance. Said he played through injuries last year that most anyone else can't / won't. Crazy to think February could turn into Jan 10th or 12th or something. Stu is also skating and they all are in play for this week. Would be nice to get that quartet back.

Yes, they've all had time to grow handlebar mustaches, get striped shirts and learn some barbershop songs. Now it's time to put the hobby away and get back to the day job.

Derfel*

Maurice seemed in awe of Kane's pain tolerance. Said he played through injuries last year that most anyone else can't / won't. Crazy to think February could turn into Jan 10th or 12th or something. Stu is also skating and they all are in play for this week. Would be nice to get that quartet back.

Pair that with the fact that he always seems to be plagued with "previous injury" issues, and maybe it isn't a good thing?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
How many roster players would we have? Clitsome to IR would make room for one. Can we fit two guys or is someone going to get waived.

Derfel*

Being hurt isn't good, but a willingness to battle through these things is huge in team sports.

... except when he isn't actually ready to return, and is out for a longer period of time to recover. It happened last year.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
How many roster players would we have? Clitsome to IR would make room for one. Can we fit two guys or is someone going to get waived.
With no more Capgeek, I have to go with http://www.spotrac.com/2015/nhl/winnipeg-jets/ which lists 29 players. Clitsome on IR makes it 28. I would send down
  • Brouillette
  • Cormier
  • Ellerby
  • Pardy
  • Thorburn or Harrison, preferably Thorburn
Will somebody stay on IR through March 2nd :naughty: This would keep us at 23 until the trade deadline, at which point the salary cap becomes the effective roster limit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: