Injury Report: Kane out 4-6 months with torn labrum, Clitsome out indefinitely

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I expect a full healthy line up after the all star break.

With that i think it will be the first time since the first 5 minutes of game 1 that the Jets roster will ice their best possible line up available.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Two points...
  • I don't think the Jets' doctors would lie to the league, and risk losing their licences
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the league brought in its own doctors to examine Perrault

Why would the Jets' doctors report anything to the league? That would actually breach professional ethics, if they provided medical information about a patient without his consent?

I don't think that there is any evidence that the league brings is "own doctors" to examine players to assess a fine or suspension. I doubt that the NHL even has its "own doctors".

I think that the NHL and its Division of Player Safety just go by the usual injury reports from teams, and base their decisions on that. It makes sense for the Jets to keep Perreault's precise injury secret from other teams (including the NHL head office), because the point is to try to keep opposing players from targeting known injured parts of the body.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Two points...
  • I don't think the Jets' doctors would lie to the league, and risk losing their licences
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the league brought in its own doctors to examine Perrault

The league doesn't have doctors of their own.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Renaud Levoie seems to have some inside track to french players. He's the one who broke the story that it was not a fracture but would miss games. Maybe Perreault or his agent told Levoie the info, and maybe Levoie leaked it to Cox?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I would bet the report does get shared with the department of player safety. How else can they determine severity of the injury and subsequent suspension?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

With that i think it will be the first time since the first 5 minutes of game 1 that the Jets roster will ice their best possible line up available.

wasn't there a period of a couple weeks this season when we had the full line-up injury free? Pretty sure I remember Ralphie talking about it.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Sounds somewhat promising

@NHLJets: Coach Paul Maurice announces Mathieu Perreault is out tonight, doesn't expect him for Columbus either. Hopeful for after All-Star break.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
That's very very good news. Sounds like soreness and bruising. It could've been up to a year out if he needed surgery.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
That's very very good news. Sounds like soreness and bruising. It could've been up to a year out if he needed surgery.

Doesn't mean Cox was wrong. A slight or partial ligament tear wouldn't necessarily require surgery.

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg

Clitsome still out, so depends where you slot him into that best possible line up available.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Sounds somewhat promising

@NHLJets: Coach Paul Maurice announces Mathieu Perreault is out tonight, doesn't expect him for Columbus either. Hopeful for after All-Star break.

They might as well take advantage of the All Star Break and make sure its fully healed.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
So it seems Matty P's injury may be not as bad as feared (although we don't know for sure yet because of the shroud of injury secrecy, etc)

If he does just miss two games that is still two games out of our lineup all because of a useless thug, so I'm still super pissed,

#85 was white-hot and now he has that interrupted. Did Safeway hire Carcillo to take out a potential 5 goal a game scorer.

All joking aside I want Carcillo to get what is coming to him but the Jets need to be smart about it when they play here. He's not gonna want to fight Peluso but Tony P should make it an offer he can't refuse.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
So it seems Matty P's injury may be not as bad as feared (although we don't know for sure yet because of the shroud of injury secrecy, etc)

If he does just miss two games that is still two games out of our lineup all because of a useless thug, so I'm still super pissed,

#85 was white-hot and now he has that interrupted. Did Safeway hire Carcillo to take out a potential 5 goal a game scorer.

All joking aside I want Carcillo to get what is coming to him but the Jets need to be smart about it when they play here. He's not gonna want to fight Peluso but Tony P should make it an offer he can't refuse.

I hope our fans rain down the heckles too

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I want the Jets to play it smart, and play very physically against their best players. I hope Carcillo does something stupid that takes his team out of the game.

I highly doubt that Carcillo is going to go with Peluso unless Peluso instigates. That doesn't really help the Jets. I'd love to see Buff or Bogo really paste Carcillo cleanly.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
This is something you don't have to 'hope' for.
Yup.
If he is back when the Hawks are at MTSC, boos will rain down upon him every time he touches the puck reminiscent of the 2011-2012 season. Every hit against him (there should be many) will bring about cheers. We know our fans, he would not be having an easy night at MTSC.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Most likely Stuart will be Carcillo's dance partner if he's willing to fight anyone when they meet next.

Honestly though, i hope they're not distracted with trying to get retribution. I'd rather get another clean 2 pts against them then watch a fight.

Finishing their checks on Carcillo everytime should be part of the game plan however.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Most likely Stuart will be Carcillo's dance partner if he's willing to fight anyone when they meet next.

Honestly though, i hope they're not distracted with trying to get retribution. I'd rather get another clean 2 pts against them then watch a fight.

Finishing their checks on Carcillo everytime should be part of the game plan however.
Right, our games against Chicago are now four point games. They are our direct competition for that third place finish. After we catch them, it is on to St. Louis.:)

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
Who cares about finishing checks on Carcillo. The Jets should go and lay the body on Toews, Kane, Keith, and Hossa. The battle should be to try and punish their skill players with legal clean hits. Punishing Carcillo on the ice does nothing to help the Jets win the game, but trying to focus heavy physical intimidation on the Hawks stars is a much better option. The Jets paid the price by having their skilled player targeted by some no talent goon so hit the Hawks where it hurts and target theirs.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Who cares about finishing checks on Carcillo. The Jets should go and lay the body on Toews, Kane, Keith, and Hossa. The battle should be to try and punish their skill players with legal clean hits. Punishing Carcillo on the ice does nothing to help the Jets win the game, but trying to focus heavy physical intimidation on the Hawks stars is a much better option. The Jets paid the price by having their skilled player targeted by some no talent goon so hit the Hawks where it hurts and target theirs.

While I agree, it's important to send a message that "we don't put up with that ****"

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yup.
If he is back when the Hawks are at MTSC, boos will rain down upon him every time he touches the puck reminiscent of the 2011-2012 season. Every hit against him (there should be many) will bring about cheers. We know our fans, he would not be having an easy night at MTSC.

Let's calm our horses here... we are talking about Carcillo here. The odds of him touching the puck more than 2 times in the game are pretty low

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->