Injury Report: Kane out 4-6 months with torn labrum, Clitsome out indefinitely

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I think that the Jets will "reassess the injury" after Carcillo's suspension is handed down. I'm sure that they are pissed, and they'll want the DOPS to come down hard on Carcillo.

CBC: Damian Cox (can't stand this guy) reported that Matty P is believed to have a torn ligament in his elbow.

:help: ligament damage is more often than not worse than a broken bone, no?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
i'm imagining that it feels like a horrible case of tennis or golfer's elbow, depending where the hit is. probably hurts for him to stick handle or shoot.
that tendon needs to rest.
assume that he's out for a week.

and i don't know guys...after reading this article on Carcillo, I kind of feel bad for him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-daniel-carcillo-hit-20150117-story.html

actually, i hate him even more than i ever did. what a ****ing moron

He thinks that was a hockey play....really......:rant:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
CBC: Damian Cox (can't stand this guy) reported that Matty P is believed to have a torn ligament in his elbow.

Broken bones are 6-8 weeks. Torn ligaments vary wildly from a week to several months. Hope it's on the small scale.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
So Carcillo basically admits he was intending to take a shot at Perreault in retaliation for a clean hit on Kane. Hope the league takes that quote under advisement when they make their decision.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Jets are like the Kremlin on injuries
How would Cox get the first real injury information out of the Jets ever? (I hope it's not a torn ligament. Still think it would be in a sling or some other immobilization, if so).

seasontixholder*

Maybe the Jets are making the injury look worse so player safety hits Carcillo hard? I can't see it since True North do not work like that.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jets are like the Kremlin on injuries
How would Cox get the first real injury information out of the Jets ever? (I hope it's not a torn ligament. Still think it would be in a sling or some other immobilization, if so).

Cox is somewhat better connected to league sources this year. Perhaps the league requested injury info for the Carcillo hearing and someone from the league leaked it to Cox.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Cox is somewhat better connected to league sources this year. Perhaps the league requested injury info for the Carcillo hearing and someone from the league leaked it to Cox.

If the NHL is leaking privileged injury information then heads need to roll. Seems unlikely, but who knows? It can be a real bush league at times.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
If in fact it is ligament damage...

The brutal thing is not just that we lose Perreault while he heals. It's also the long-term wear and tear on his body. Some folks are never quite 100% after serious ligament damage. Hopefully his rehab goes well.

I'm glad the Dept. of Player Safety appear to be stepping up on this one. Hockey is hard enough on the body without this crap.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If in fact is is a ligament damage...

The brutal thing is not just that we lose Perreault while he heals. It's also the long-term wear and tear on his body. Some folks are never quite 100% after serious ligament damage. Hopefully his rehab goes well.

I'm glad the Dept. of Player Safety appear to be stepping up on this one. Hockey is hard enough on the body without this crap.

Well we are all just guessing at this point. At least the early evidence suggests it wasn't a full fracture. That would be a worst case scenario.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yep, could be worse (than what we are currently guessing).
Doesn't mean there isn't reason to be pissed.

Agreed. We have had more than our share of injuries and don't need more. But the evidence so far at least suggests he will be back in the line-up at some point. A clean break of the upper arm might have been the season or close to it.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
so how long out for perreault

Ligament damage could be anything from a week rest and he is back to 100% and never know anything ever happened. If severe, it could be months and something that could always reoccur and bother him.

Derfel*

Torn ligament on that play wouldn't be as bad as if it was a collision, etc. Still, I would think at least 3+ weeks of healing and conditioning. He'll miss 5+ games, minimum.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am digging all the latent medical experts we have in our HFBJets family....good place to have a heart attack or get hit by a truck.

If you guys need to get drunk I am here to help and even get you in a cab!

We all contribute to society in our own "special" way :yo:

;)

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Maybe the Jets are making the injury look worse so player safety hits Carcillo hard? I can't see it since True North do not work like that.
Two points...
  • I don't think the Jets' doctors would lie to the league, and risk losing their licences
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the league brought in its own doctors to examine Perrault

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Two points...
  • I don't think the Jets' doctors would lie to the league, and risk losing their licences
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the league brought in its own doctors to examine Perrault

I would be surprised if any of what is being discussed is remotely true. Other than, he has a boo boo on his arm.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00