Injury Report: Kane out 4-6 months with torn labrum, Clitsome out indefinitely

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
All Jets media reporting it on Twitter. Muntz now saying it's not a heart issue, but who knows with the way Jets are secretive with injuries.

God I hope not. Not a huge fan of Clitsome but you never want to see a player with heart trouble.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
@BrianMunzTSN: Head Coach Paul Maurice says #NHLJets @GClitsome is being looked at by team doctor today. Will have an update tomorrow. @TSN1290Radio #TSN

@BrianMunzTSN: Just to clarify, there is NO heart issue for #NHLJets @GClitsome. @TSN1290Radio

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So it sounds like Bogo will be the 1st d-man back. Practiced without the "don't touch me" jersey. By Maurice's comments today it sounds like he will be traveling with the team on the upcoming road trip.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
So it sounds like Bogo will be the 1st d-man back. Practiced without the "don't touch me" jersey. By Maurice's comments today it sounds like he will be traveling with the team on the upcoming road trip.

2 days ago Maurice said end of January. I find the ******** annoying. You can avoid being specific without being a mythomaniac.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
2 days ago Maurice said end of January. I find the ******** annoying. You can avoid being specific without being a mythomaniac.

Actually I wouldn't pin it on Maurice. It looks more likely the reporter took the far end of the reported range and just reported that since it fit better with the story.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Bogo on the ice with the boys and Helen Kellerby cleared to play.

I actually think Clitsome at this point being out of the lineup is a +

I think we are going to enjoy a boost to our D... it might be enough to sustain us til Trouba and Enstrom return.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bogo on the ice with the boys and Helen Kellerby cleared to play.

I actually think Clitsome at this point being out of the lineup is a +

I think we are going to enjoy a boost to our D... it might be enough to sustain us til Trouba and Enstrom return.

Enstrom and stuie joined the team for practice with the non contact jerseys today. Bogo was a full go in the rotation looks like he may be ready for next game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Enstrom and stuie joined the team for practice with the non contact jerseys today. Bogo was a full go in the rotation looks like he may be ready for next game.

...excellent.

Looking forward to seeing this quite soon.

Enstrom-Bogo
Chiarot-Buff
Stuart-Postma

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
...excellent.

Looking forward to seeing this quite soon.

Enstrom-Bogo
Chiarot-Buff
Stuart-Postma

And the one we are all really looking forward to is:

Enstrom-Bogo
Chiarot-Buff
Stuart-Trouba

Not meant to be listed in order of top pairings, rather IMO the Jets will continue to run the 3 pairings that have played together and had success together this season.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
And the one we are all really looking forward to is:

Enstrom-Bogo
Chiarot-Buff
Stuart-Trouba

Not meant to be listed in order of top pairings, rather IMO the Jets will continue to run the 3 pairings that have played together and had success together this season.

looks really good to me. No bottom pairing and each group has a guy that can jump up in the play and create offense. I think this is a group that could compete deep into the playoffs if we get there. It might also allow us to get more minutes out of our 4th line.

Honestly once Toby is back and we have Toby-Bogo Chiarot-Buff Harrison-Postma going we are in pretty good shape.

Donald

Jan 31, 2013
Hey guys. I think now would be a good time to remind ourselves that Bogosian usually likes to follow up a return from injury with an almost immediate second injury. Just to keep you all grounded :) Have a nice day!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Hey guys. I think now would be a good time to remind ourselves that Bogosian usually likes to follow up a return from injury with an almost immediate second injury. Just to keep you all grounded :) Have a nice day!

Normally I'd agree with you, but this was an injury caused by blocking a puck, not a wrist/shoulder/back/knee type injury. I think we'll be OK this time.

Oh, and have a nicer day! ;)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Anything that equals less minutes for Pardy and Clitsome is great news! Have the nicest day! !

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
looks really good to me. No bottom pairing and each group has a guy that can jump up in the play and create offense. I think this is a group that could compete deep into the playoffs if we get there. It might also allow us to get more minutes out of our 4th line.

Honestly once Toby is back and we have Toby-Bogo Chiarot-Buff Harrison-Postma going we are in pretty good shape.

Our D looks pretty good at that point but we are still missing 2 from our top 9.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg

HAHAHA this made me laugh..I would be shocked if he didn't have his annual follow-up injury within the next month which would put him out until march....Band-ogosian. Lets hope for the best but expect the...worst/likely....

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Looks like Kane is getting close to returning. Lawless is reporting that Kane is on the road with the team and expects to play during the trip....

@garylawless: Evander Kane says he hopes to play this road trip and is going on the road with the team #nhljets #bn

If that's true, the Jets might not be quite as desperate to find rental players. Bogo, Enstrom and Kane would be a huge boost to the roster.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Looks like Kane is getting close to returning. Lawless is reporting that Kane is on the road with the team and expects to play during the trip....

If that's true, the Jets might not be quite as desperate to find rental players. Bogo, Enstrom and Kane would be a huge boost to the roster.

Maurice seemed in awe of Kane's pain tolerance. Said he played through injuries last year that most anyone else can't / won't. Crazy to think February could turn into Jan 10th or 12th or something. Stu is also skating and they all are in play for this week. Would be nice to get that quartet back.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

It's only January 7th, but there's the understatement of the year.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Normally I'd agree with you, but this was an injury caused by blocking a puck, not a wrist/shoulder/back/knee type injury. I think we'll be OK this time.

Oh, and have a nicer day! ;)

And the claim isn't supported by the evidence either it was just a unsubstantiated cut. I went back through the game logs and last season it was over 2 months between his 2 major injuries. The year before he was mostly healthy for the remainder of the season after returning from wrist surgery. The first season with the Jets he did comeback for one game before re-aggravating the injury. The 2 years before he was mostly healthy in Atlanta. I believe his rookie season he missed considerable time with a broken leg.

It is fair to say Bogo has add injury problems in his career. No one would deny that. But there is no evidence that would suggest he "usually" follows one injury "with an almost immediate second injury"...none actually.

But it is the internet you are allowed to make stuff up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad