Injury Report: Kane out 4-6 months with torn labrum, Clitsome out indefinitely

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Ugh, it is never even "day to day" right, it is a month +

Hopefully we can rally around the adversity and ride it out!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Hopefully we can rally around the adversity and ride it out!

this is sports writer and fan fiction.

players don't go in the locker room and declare that they'll outplay another team because of injuries and them having more heart.

eventually, skill is needed. coaching, a system and "heart" only take you so far.

losing Kane, though? while he's played better point-wise as of late, i'd rather lose him than 60% of the other forwards we have. this has been his forgotten season.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
this is sports writer and fan fiction.

players don't go in the locker room and declare that they'll outplay another team because of injuries and them having more heart.

eventually, skill is needed. coaching, a system and "heart" only take you so far.

losing Kane, though? while he's played better point-wise as of late, i'd rather lose him than 60% of the other forwards we have. this has been his forgotten season.

Over the long term, yes.

Over a shorter span, I would disagree. In fact, look at the Wild when Parise went down last year around this time. Further to that, I could name a few runs by playoff teams where good team play and good/great goaltending has carried the day for a stretch.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
With Kane now added to the list, the Jets will have lost millions of dollars of playing time from just 3 players over 3 months, from LE injuries due to blocked/errant shots. Many of these are easily preventable.
I am not familiar with the technology below, but it is clear to me that most players, especially defensemen, will be wearing protective equipment for their feet and ankles in the next few years. It will probably require negotiation with the NHLPA to make it mandatory, but something has to be done to address this.

http://shotblockers.com/index.cfm

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
It really sucks that pretty much every injury has been long term.

If we have to get injuries, why can't they be like Clitsomr and come back after 2 weeks?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@mnwild: Mikael Granlund has successful surgery on fractured wrist, expected to miss approx. 4 weeks. Read more: http://t.co/t6ioV3zLWK #mnwild

4 weeks is pretty quick for wrist surgery. Wasn't Bogo out 4 months in the lockout year?

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I was wondering...

With all our injuries, might there be an advantage down the road once everyone is healthy? Most guys in the NHL deal with niggling injuries that build up across the season. A long injury stretch gives all that a chance to heal up. Once everybody is back healthy, and the rust shaken off, could that put us in a better spot to deal with the rigors of post-season play?

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
I was wondering...

With all our injuries, might there be an advantage down the road once everyone is healthy? Most guys in the NHL deal with niggling injuries that build up across the season. A long injury stretch gives all that a chance to heal up. Once everybody is back healthy, and the rust shaken off, could that put us in a better spot to deal with the rigors of post-season play?

Never thought of that. I'd expect some rust from them when they come back but they also shouldn't be very fatigued from a long season.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Anyone know the scoop on when the injured Jets are going to return? It's Jan.4, and Bogo and Enstrom were supposed to be back mid January. Are they skating on regular basis? Are they practicing? Any word on Kane? Trouba? Stuart?

BennyTheJet

Oct 4, 2011
Toronto
Anyone know the scoop on when the injured Jets are going to return? It's Jan.4, and Bogo and Enstrom were supposed to be back mid January. Are they skating on regular basis? Are they practicing? Any word on Kane? Trouba? Stuart?

I believe Maurice had said yesterday that all 4 injured defencemen skated yesterday. Bogo and Enstrom will return first, followed by Trouba and Stuart in Feb if there are no setbacks.

No real word on Kane. Probably a fractured bone in his foot.

Kismet

Apr 29, 2010
Winnipeg

From the Free Press:
"While Bogosian, Enstrom, Stuart and Trouba all skated before Jets practice on Friday, Maurice said Stuart and Trouba are still out until February at least and even a best-case scenario won't see Bogosian and/or Enstrom return to the lineup until the end of January at the earliest."

:(

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
From the Free Press:
"While Bogosian, Enstrom, Stuart and Trouba all skated before Jets practice on Friday, Maurice said Stuart and Trouba are still out until February at least and even a best-case scenario won't see Bogosian and/or Enstrom return to the lineup until the end of January at the earliest."

But there have been other quotes hinting at an earlier return. I don't think we will know until the last minute when one of them gets inserted back into the lineup. We should start a pool for which one is the 1st one back and the date. I call Enstrom, Jan 13th against the Panthers.

Kismet

Apr 29, 2010
Winnipeg
But there have been other quotes hinting at an earlier return. I don't think we will know until the last minute when one of them gets inserted back into the lineup. We should start a pool for which one is the 1st one back and the date. I call Enstrom, Jan 13th against the Panthers.

Believe me, I hope it's wrong. Hopefully we get word of one of them being involved in practice before too much longer.

Enstrom - Jan 16 vs Hawks

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
From the Free Press:

Bizarre reporting. Maurice's actual quote was along the lines of mid to late January for Bogo and Toby and late January to early February for Trouba and Stuart.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Bizarre reporting. Maurice's actual quote was along the lines of mid to late January for Bogo and Toby and late January to early February for Trouba and Stuart.

I think a little embellishment fit the narrative of the article. I expect at least one of them back within the next couple weeks.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

Enstrom, January 15th against the Stars.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Maurice is notoriously full of **** when it comes to injuries. Kane was not back for a while and he played the next game. Does anyone know if any are playing full practices? It's harder to judge during homestands. If they join a road trip they are pretty close to returning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad