Injury Report: Kane out 4-6 months with torn labrum, Clitsome out indefinitely

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
From WFP:

Before today’s practice, three of the Jets’ four defencemen who are on the injured list long-term took a skate on the MTS Centre ice. But Maurice said that there is no change in status for Zach Bogosian and Toby Enstrom, both out until at least mid-January. Jacob Trouba, out until sometime in February, also joined those two on the ice today. Trouba is able to skate, despite his injury.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
From WFP:

Before today’s practice, three of the Jets’ four defencemen who are on the injured list long-term took a skate on the MTS Centre ice. But Maurice said that there is no change in status for Zach Bogosian and Toby Enstrom, both out until at least mid-January. Jacob Trouba, out until sometime in February, also joined those two on the ice today. Trouba is able to skate, despite his injury.

Despite what Maurice says this has to be good news. Especially for Toby and Bogo who are out with lower body injuries.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Hockey is so weird sometimes. Any logical person would have expected the Jets to lose more often than win when your whole minute-eating defense corps goes down for 6 weeks. Must be something in the -30 air here.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Hockey is so weird sometimes. Any logical person would have expected the Jets to lose more often than win when your whole minute-eating defense corps goes down for 6 weeks. Must be something in the -30 air here.

We have been playing well without our D-men. The good news is Trouba, Enstrom, and Bogosian skated today. Enstrom and Bogosian are expected to join the team in mid January.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I know PMo says its not Trouba's neck, but I still fear this.

He's got a cast on his wrist. Swore I saw a pic of him with one. If it was his neck do you really think he'd be allowed to skate?

Bogo and Enstrom both have walking boots during the visit to childrens hospital

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
He's got a cast on his wrist. Swore I saw a pic of him with one. If it was his neck do you really think he'd be allowed to skate?

Bogo and Enstrom both have walking boots during the visit to childrens hospital

which makes Bogo and Enstrom skating all that more curious.
if you have a boot on, it's for 1 of 3 things:

1. fracture (foot or ankle, depending on the height of the boot)
2. tissue damage - deep tissue bruising from taking a shot to the foot.
3. bad ankle sprain

unless it's a high ankle sprain, you're not out for 2 months. 2 months is always a fracture (or a tear, but i can't think of many foot-related tears one could have other than Achilles, but you would have surgery if that was the case).

if it's a fracture, you're not going to go on the ice to "test it out". you get back on the ice once it heals.

i'd then assume that it would be 2 weeks of conditioning. unless there's a setback i.e discomfort upon skating, it would depend on conditioning. a fracture or walking boot means some muscle atrophy, therefore 2 weeks of conditioning to get the leg and ankle up to snuff.

we're realistically looking at the week of January 5 for both of them to return. So, "mid-January", i guess, give or take a week.

Trouba skating - it's upper body. he's just going for a skate to keep in shape. and yes, it wouldn't be his neck if he's allowed to skate. could be shoulder/arm/wrist/finger

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
which makes Bogo and Enstrom skating all that more curious.
if you have a boot on, it's for 1 of 3 things:

1. fracture (foot or ankle, depending on the height of the boot)
2. tissue damage - deep tissue bruising from taking a shot to the foot.
3. bad ankle sprain

unless it's a high ankle sprain, you're not out for 2 months. 2 months is always a fracture (or a tear, but i can't think of many foot-related tears one could have other than Achilles, but you would have surgery if that was the case).

if it's a fracture, you're not going to go on the ice to "test it out". you get back on the ice once it heals.

i'd then assume that it would be 2 weeks of conditioning. unless there's a setback i.e discomfort upon skating, it would depend on conditioning. a fracture or walking boot means some muscle atrophy, therefore 2 weeks of conditioning to get the leg and ankle up to snuff.

we're realistically looking at the week of January 5 for both of them to return. So, "mid-January", i guess, give or take a week.

Trouba skating - it's upper body. he's just going for a skate to keep in shape. and yes, it wouldn't be his neck if he's allowed to skate. could be shoulder/arm/wrist/finger

Those reports of walking boots were before Christmas. Obviously healing is progressing well if they are both skating. Reading between the lines from PoMo's pressers, he implied they are different injuries. He said Toby would need to skate longer than Bogo before he returned to the lineup. High ankle sprain for Enstrom?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Those reports of walking boots were before Christmas. Obviously healing is progressing well if they are both skating. Reading between the lines from PoMo's pressers, he implied they are different injuries. He said Toby would need to skate longer than Bogo before he returned to the lineup. High ankle sprain for Enstrom?

you don't go out of a walking boot for a fracture unless the fracture's healed. so Bogo would be 2 weeks from now before he's on the ice.
If Enstrom's an ankle sprain - which can happen in hockey, but it would have visually been obvious if it was during a game - then that thing can linger and linger and linger.

would also be great if someone saw their boots. there's a visible difference between ankle injury boots and foot injury boots.
ankle injury boots go up to below the knee.
foot casts stop just above the ankle or low shin.

ANYONE HAVE ANY POSITIVE BOOT IDS?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
you don't go out of a walking boot for a fracture unless the fracture's healed. so Bogo would be 2 weeks from now before he's on the ice.
If Enstrom's an ankle sprain - which can happen in hockey, but it would have visually been obvious if it was during a game - then that thing can linger and linger and linger.

would also be great if someone saw their boots. there's a visible difference between ankle injury boots and foot injury boots.

Someone I know saw them both wearing boots. I didn't witness it myself. Toby may have aggravated his injury during the one practice he had while he was still day to day.

Beazley

Duke of the Dale
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg

I speculate that Tobi's injury occurred during practice. I believe it was reported that he was excluded/excused from practice just prior to the announcement that he was out. That, at the fact that there wasn't an obvious moment of injury during a game.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I speculate that Tobi's injury occurred during practice. I believe it was reported that he was excluded/excused from practice just prior to the announcement that he was out. That, at the fact that there wasn't an obvious moment of injury during a game.

did anyone see Bogo's injury? thought it was assumed that it was from blocking a shot.

anyways, end result is both likely being back in 10-21 days.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
CR_C1A2998_web_slide.jpg

IMG_6382_web_slide.jpg

source: nhl.com

Can't really see much of Enstrom there though.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
well, it tells me the obvious about Bogo.
short boot = foot fracture.

Enstrom's issue is interesting.
judging by how Enstrom's bending his injured leg's knee and how his foot's further behind his non-injured leg, i'd assume that it's a short cast i.e. a foot injury. you tend to stand upright when you have a tall cast (for ankle injuries) and it would be pretty uncomfortable to stand how Enstrom's standing.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Bogo took a hard shot to the foot but finished the game as far as I remember...

It's actually not uncommon to break your foot and have the skate hold everything in place so you can finish the game. It's after you take the skate off that you're going to start having troubles.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
It's actually not uncommon to break your foot and have the skate hold everything in place so you can finish the game. It's after you take the skate off that you're going to start having troubles.

So Kane should have just left his skate on....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad