Kane legal drama in Buffalo IV (no hearsay, verifiable sources only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Peterson was arrested and later plead guilty to a lesser charge. He was also suspended without pay.

It's one example but there are dozens. Yes, if someone is accused of murder and being investigated, he should be suspended with pay.

If someone is accused of rape and is being investigated, he should be suspended with pay.

If someone is accused of child molestation and is being investigated, he should be suspended with pay.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Except statistics mean absolutely nothing to the individual. Even if the statistical probability was 99.9 percent there would still be a chance that any given individual occurrence could fall within that .1%. Using a broad statistic to make a judgement regarding any given individual occurrence is short-sighted.

Unless the is 0.0 chance of the individual case being an exception, assuming it to be part of the mode is in and of itself a conclusion.

No one made a judgement. The numbers are there to look at and reflect on.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
It's one example but there are dozens. Yes, if someone is accused of murder and being investigated, he should be suspended with pay.

If someone is accused of rape and is being investigated, he should be suspended with pay.

If someone is accused of child molestation and is being investigated, he should be suspended with pay.

In the sports world, I can't think of many players that have been suspended with pay during an investigation. if there are dozens let me know, none come to mind.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I liked it when I lived out of state and didn't have to listen to these clowns on the radio, but now that I have a spare hour of driving each day, what can ya do.

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Rape Culture. Look at Julie DiCaro's posts for example. She is a rape victim who has spoken out - not against kane- but against rape culture

It's truly a terrible thing that happened to her. I thought her piece after the Winston case was really insightful and thought provoking. I also think she's pretty clearly made up her mind as to what she thinks happened in this case. I disagree 100% with her tweets after Toews' initial comments on "support", and I was stunned when she wrote that she'd take a payoff rather than pursue criminal charges against her attacker. I'm no longer paying attention to anything she says.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
In the sports world, I can't think of many players that have been suspended with pay during an investigation. if there are dozens let me know, none come to mind.

It's not a precedent at this point. I wasn't implying that happens. I'm stating my opinion on the subject.

Kane's situation would fall into the behavior clause of the NHL, however. So he could be suspended for that if you really need more of a reason.

Keithsteeth

Nov 10, 2013

Kane hasn't been formally accused of anything.... in fact he hasn't even been arrested

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
It's not a precedent at this point. I wasn't implying that happens. I'm stating my opinion on the subject.

Kane's situation would fall into the behavior clause of the NHL, however. So he could be suspended for that if you really need more of a reason.

What behavior would that be? Again, he hasn't even been arrested let alone charged. If the DA thought Kane was a rapist, they would have had him arrested immediately.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
More on tomorrow's press conference from http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/loca...ess-evidence-tampering-in-kane-case/72751410/

BUFFALO, NY-- Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita, III will be holding a news conference Friday to discuss alleged evidence tampering in the Patrick Kane case.

The press conference will be held at 11am.

On Wednesday,Thomas Eoannou, the attorney for the woman who says she was sexually assaulted by Kane at his home in August, says an empty evidence bag was left in the doorway of the woman's mother's home.

Thank you for this additional info.

And I again reiterate the importance of keeping this thread discussion on topic, civil, without name-calling, without politics. Posts that do not conform to this may be deleted and posters may face possible infractions or thread bans if they dont follow site rules and heed mod warnings.

Thank you.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
No one made a judgement. The numbers are there to look at and reflect on.

The numbers are a fact. Using the numbers to say that in any individual case it is more likely that a rape has occurred than not is not a fact. It is an assumption/judgement with factual basis.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The numbers are a fact. Using the numbers to say that in any individual case it is more likely that a rape has occurred than not is not a fact. It is an assumption/judgement with factual basis.

Presuming. That's all it is that qwerty is doing.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Glad the DA is giving a presser tomorrow. Hopefully clears up some things so people stop speculating and talking in circles, but I doubt thats gonna stop anytime soon...

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
What behavior would that be? Again, he hasn't even been arrested let alone charged. If the DA thought Kane was a rapist, they would have had him arrested immediately.

This. Nobody can ever answer that question. What did Kane do?

Oh... "Kane should be suspended", "Kane needs to change"..... Why?

What do you folks know from this incident that we don't? I'm talking facts from 2015.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Doesn't matter. They can suspend with pay to avoid the circus surrounding the matter and protect themselves if it went south. Hopefully the DA will put an end to this tomorrow but who knows.

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
Oh man, another press conference :help:. I am hoping the DA comes back and says that there was no evidence tampering (and nails that slime bag lawyer to the wall) but that feels like too much optimism.

With the way things have gone lately, it'll be something out of completely left field that will shock everyone.

This thing is a circus and I can only hope it ends soon. The thing is this evidence bag being fake really is the best thing for EVERYONE- Kane, the accuser, the police, the hospital, the DA, the Blackhawks, the fans, etc. Well...maybe not Tim Graham or Dan Bernstein...

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I would be hesitant to call her attorney a slim ball, ect. He can simply be reporting what actually happened. I doubt someone would put their career on the line for a hoax. That being the case, the motive for the person planting it there is quite interesting.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Glad the DA is giving a presser tomorrow. Hopefully clears up some things so people stop speculating and talking in circles, but I doubt thats gonna stop anytime soon...

To be a fly on the wall during the last few days at the DA's office....

I'm guessing the DA tomorrow will come out with a pretty firm statement if the tampering is fact or fiction. He's not going to go up there and just say "i don't know what happened".

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I would be hesitant to call her attorney a slim ball, ect. He can simply be reporting what actually happened. I doubt someone would put their career on the line for a hoax. That being the case, the motive for the person planting it there is quite interesting.

The only thing I hold against him is bringing it out in a media circus like he did. He should have used the normal channels to get the state or FBI involved. If that didn't work I could see going to the media.

To me taking it straight to a press conference is sketchy.

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
Yeah, you're right that might be hasty. I was basing that off of the fact that he reportedly got the evidence bag around 1:30 but someone posted that he was considering a press conference around 5. It just wouldn't be my first instinct to hold a press conference where I could wave around an alleged victim's name on television. We'll see tomorrow I guess, although in the circumstances that it is a hoax it could have been he had no idea (but that could have been avoided IMO by doing a more thorough investigation.) Honestly I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad