Kane legal drama in Buffalo IV (no hearsay, verifiable sources only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
I haven't seen anyone, in person, jump to an assumption of guilt.

Everything I've seen were the numbers when the initial report occured, showing that false allegations are incredibly rare thus making it likely a rape occured.

That is 0 percent jumping to a conclusion, that is pointing at the numbers.

What you continuously fail to understand is that there is a wide swath of land between false allegations and a rape occurring. The Tumblr stats you spout off are lacking in credibility.

And it is the very definition of jumping to a conclusion.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
I think it's fair to expect journalists to maintain the line between investigative and editorial journalism. If her emotions are affecting her investigative reporting, then I think that is a problem.

DiCarlo is working for the accusing lawyer at this point. That's what camp I put her in, along with Laz and a bunch of others. It's funny how Laz retweeted every quote by accusing lawyer yesterday but not one of Cambria's. Just funny how that worked.

While her view of the case may certainly be colored (and if she cannot remain objective covering a story, then the station should be allowed to have her recuse herself from it. It is sad that she was raped, but as someone in a journalistic role, journalistic standards are expected upon them), she's just one of their behind the scenes folk and far more than her there seem to have an agenda.

It's the Score. Quite a few of their before the mic & behind the mic people seem to have an agenda. News that looks bad for Kane is quickly mentioned and discussed at length, news that looks good for Kane or makes the case not seem so clear cut is ignored for as long as possible or mentioned in passing and not followed up on or discussed at length. Yesterday, even yesterday night, their updates included a news summary of the lawyer's press conference, but not the statements from the police or DA, which are essential in reporting on the lawyer's press conference. Their reporting has been so slanted, I'd wish CBS Radio would do an integrity investigation into the station and its personnel. It's disgusting. Report all the facts, statements, etc or stay away from the story completely, don't cherrypick the facts to present a slanted narrative. It feels more like a station or management policy than just a handful of people with an axe to grind (though some of their on-air personnel have tried to avoid discussing it and when they had to, you could hear discomfort in their voice about even having to discuss it).

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Julie DiCaro is just the worst. Another reason to hope Kane is not guilty.

Reasons to hope Kane is innocent.

1. It would presumably mean that no sexual assault took place.
2. We retain our star player.
94858483. Ax to grind with Julie DiCaro.

Keithsteeth

Nov 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WGRZ_SteveBrown/status/647144139075788800

A friend linked this to me. I don't really know if this is a good source, but I do think that there would be barcodes that they could verify. Not sure what "markings" means exactly but it could be a good sign.

From the main board "Paraphrasing this report as I've just watched it live.

This is all according to a couple law experts the news interviewed, and ate their observations. None of it is 100% guaranteed, but obviously they were comfortable enough to go on tv and make these observations.

It is doubtful that bag presented was ever used. It may have been an extra bag, prepped for potential use or one used temporally. There are no markings indicating there was ever a chain of command. There is no tape on the bag that would seal it and be initialed. It was not what the rape kit was in, that would be in a box. It's possible that clothing was returned to the complainant in that bag.

They kind of acknowledged that if it had a chain of command and was put into a different container, that it would be put in with that article of evidence to continue the chain of command.

The last part went quick, so if I missed a point I apologize."

If that report is accurate (and obviously it's not confirmed yet), it goes a good way towards confirming some of my suspicions about the bag. The DA's press conference tomorrow is going to be very interesting.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
There have been folks to vilify Kane and jump to the assumption of guilt, and from that perspective, if he's innocent, he is a victim in that fashion, though obviously not to the degree of the accuser if a sexual assault took place. We don't know anything yet other than the impression that many have that the case doesn't appear to be moving forward. Vilifying Kane or the alleged victim are both wrong, and there are horrible examples of folks on both sides that try to bash the other. It's not sports fandom, it's just modern age rushing to judgement.

I couldn't say it better but had a similar view on this matter. It's not a modern thing though. In fact, it looks very medieval or like the witch hunts of earlier times. Just the mere accusation or suspicion is enough proof to convict them in the eyes of many sadly. Likewise with those who cast aspersions on the accuser out of knee-jerk defense of Kane, either believing he could never be guilty of such a thing, or believing as a celebrity, he should be entitled to being above the law. It's hard to tell who's been the ugly, criminal one in this actual case with certainty but it's not too early to tell the public on both extremes of the argument have been repugnant, as has media coverage of it that has selectively reported on the matter.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Glad the DA is giving a presser tomorrow. Hopefully clears up some things so people stop speculating and talking in circles, but I doubt thats gonna stop anytime soon...

I wonder if certain media outlets will even cover it or report on it. :sarcasm:

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/loca...ess-evidence-tampering-in-kane-case/72751410/

Here is a video talking about the tweet I mentioned earlier. It has information of a former prosecutor who said that rape kits do not go in bags (ever), they come in boxes. She said it is possible it may have had physical evidence or clothing but that, in her opinion, it most likely never contained evidence because it doesn't have any initials on it- she said who ever collects evidence dates it and puts there initials on it.

Doesn't definitively prove anything. But we shall see what happens next.

Last edited:

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
Based on that story, and the tweets from Julie DiCarlo, I wonder if the alleged victim's legal team is trying to get the underwear (which supposedly contains a "mixture of semen") thrown out. Hopefully, if it wasn't actually tampered with there will be enough evidence to prove that (either through improper markings/mismatched bar codes/ etc.)

Last edited:

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Based on that story, and the tweets from Julie DiCarlo, I wonder if the alleged victim's legal team is trying to get the underwear (which supposedly contains a "mixture of semen") through out. Hopefully, if it wasn't actually tampered with there will be enough evidence to prove that (either through improper markings/mismatched bar codes/ etc.)

In how many rape cases does the victim's lawyer want the rape kit & underwear evidence thrown out?

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Lawyer of accuser having another press conference tonight at 845, so I'm thinking 745 central

Scott Levin ‏@ScottLevinWGRZ 6m6 minutes ago
Lawyers for #PatrickKane accuser are holding another press conference at 8;45 tonight regarding the alleged evidence bag. @WGRZ

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
In how many rape cases does the victim's lawyer want the rape kit & underwear evidence thrown out?

....good point. I'd guess not many. I saw on twitter that DiCarlo had said that neither lawyer had seen the underwear in question. It does seem like, based on her tweeted information, her source in this is someone tied to the alleged victim's attorneys.

Okay and now accuser's attorney is holding ANOTHER press conference tonight. WTH is going on.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Lawyer of accuser having another press conference tonight at 845, so I'm thinking 745 central

Scott Levin ‏@ScottLevinWGRZ 6m6 minutes ago
Lawyers for #PatrickKane accuser are holding another press conference at 8;45 tonight regarding the alleged evidence bag. @WGRZ

Oh god, what is going to happen this time.

HawksandLove

Aug 12, 2015
Julie DiCaro is just the worst. Another reason to hope Kane is not guilty.

Not My reason but yeah she is a hater if there ever was one.

My reason is I am a Hawk fan. I do NOT think for a minute he raped anyone.

I do hope kane stops acting like white trash but its his right to live his life his way... Which of you out there has never done stupid things? I know most of us slow down when we get a job and hit our twenties but kaner is kaner...

At this point this just seems so FAKE to me. NO WAY kane did anything but get drunk and stupid...

Last edited:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
From the main board "Paraphrasing this report as I've just watched it live.

This is all according to a couple law experts the news interviewed, and ate their observations. None of it is 100% guaranteed, but obviously they were comfortable enough to go on tv and make these observations.

It is doubtful that bag presented was ever used. It may have been an extra bag, prepped for potential use or one used temporally. There are no markings indicating there was ever a chain of command. There is no tape on the bag that would seal it and be initialed. It was not what the rape kit was in, that would be in a box. It's possible that clothing was returned to the complainant in that bag.

They kind of acknowledged that if it had a chain of command and was put into a different container, that it would be put in with that article of evidence to continue the chain of command.

The last part went quick, so if I missed a point I apologize."

If that report is accurate (and obviously it's not confirmed yet), it goes a good way towards confirming some of my suspicions about the bag. The DA's press conference tomorrow is going to be very interesting.

I am guessing all the "chain of command" references probably were "chain of custody" and that main board poster typed it wrong.

Would be bananas if they just were trying to pass off a bag that was the packaging for the return of clothes or something as evidence tampering.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It's one example but there are dozens. Yes, if someone is accused of murder and being investigated, he should be suspended with pay.

If someone is accused of rape and is being investigated, he should be suspended with pay.

If someone is accused of child molestation and is being investigated, he should be suspended with pay.

you aren't picking examples where people have been investigated, but not arrested. everyone you are listing WAS ARRESTED and Charged. idk whats so hard to understand.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Oh god, what is going to happen this time.

This is how I imagine the DA right now.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad