Kane legal drama in Buffalo IV (no hearsay, verifiable sources only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
My point was and still is that I find it strange that someone who appears to want to hold the players to a high standard of behavior should appear to be a fan of Crawford.

Here's a hypocrite - my dad. He keeps going on and on how he won't be a Hawks fan anymore if they don't get rid of Patrick Kane. Even though the evidence is pointing towards innocence at this point. But the kicker is, his hero and favorite Blackhawks ever is Bobby Hull, and we've all heard the stories about what he did to his wives.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I'm not aware of even one person who posts here who has first hand knowledge of how Kane acted on the evening in question. I find it ironic that you have such high standards for how the Hawks should act and then I see the picture on your avatar. I remember how the debate raged about how Crawford conducted himself during the Cup celebration. The general consensus seemed to be that boys will be boys at that time.

Me putting Crawford in a picture doesn't mean I condone everything he does, but comparing using the F word at a rally to the things Kane has gotten himself associated with is not comparable at all. Kane's behavior cannot be put to boys will be boys, and I can never remember anyone here condoning Kane's off ice behavior.

Supertack

Nov 19, 2013
Mundelein
Drunken swearing at a victory rally is not comparable to being accused of rape, it's that simple.

No it is not, but no one knows if the rape even happened. What Kane is really getting bashed for is a pattern of drunken, irresponsible behavior. So comparing it to being drunk and dropping f-bombs at the rally (twice) might be a bit of a stretch, but when you tack on being drunk at a concert, falling down some stairs, and missing games that your team needs you for...........

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Here's a hypocrite - my dad. He keeps going on and on how he won't be a Hawks fan anymore if they don't get rid of Patrick Kane. Even though the evidence is pointing towards innocence at this point. But the kicker is, his hero and favorite Blackhawks ever is Bobby Hull, and we've all heard the stories about what he did to his wives.

I have to admit that I'm like your dad. The Golden jet was a boyhood hero. Lets face it as fans what we see is how they play the game. I'm old enough to have seen a lot of my heroes exposed. We probably should rarely look up to any human being. By that very definition we will probably find that they are human.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois

Again, we don't know about the evidence. We don't know what the case is, or isn't.

All we know is, as per usual, this case will likely get thrown out. Thanks to the tampering situation- this bag doesn't get out without tampering- Kane will not be able to get criminally charged.

It just won't happen.

There isn't anything to say 'Kane is likely innocent'.

There isn't anything to say ' Kane raped the woman'.

It will just kind of go away and people will get over it and be screaming 'KANER!' immediately.

No one has vilified Kane. Not even myself.

But, still, to imply the woman is a gold digger, is absurd. She has gotten dragged through the mud much more so than Kane.

Chicago is Penn State, that's the situation here. Only difference is - we don't know if Kane is innocent or guilty. At least with the Penn State situation, it has been settled and people know Paterno was a child abuse enabler...making their actions a little bit worse.

Kane isn't a victim here. He is still the accused and she is the accuser, and it will likely never amount to more than that.

Now we have psychopaths shaming the accuser. So bad, its ridiculous. Blackhawks fans that are joining that can get hit by a car for all i care.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
For some people it obviously is. And again, this isn't kane's first run in with the law either, which I'm sure contributes to people's feelings towards him. And let's not pretend like rape accusations are a common occurrence either.

And let's not pretend that not getting charged means that Kane is innocent.

It doesn't. Not even 1 percent so.

He needs to change his pattern of behavior over a period of time either way. He is untouchable. He can do what he wants. And that needs to change.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
No it is not, but no one knows if the rape even happened. What Kane is really getting bashed for is a pattern of drunken, irresponsible behavior. So comparing it to being drunk and dropping f-bombs at the rally (twice) might be a bit of a stretch, but when you tack on being drunk at a concert, falling down some stairs, and missing games that your team needs you for...........

Ill break it down for you.
-some people still support crawford but not kane
-one guy has been involved in a couple incidents involving alcohol. Once he swore at a rally, the other time he injured himself at a concert.
-the other guy has been in a few incidents involving alcohol. Once he was accused of punching a cab driver - and ended up pleading to some misdemeanor charge. Another time a bunch of pictures of him got posted on the internet walking around and partying in madison wisconsin. Some accusations were flung around but nothing ever came from them. Most recently, this guy was accused of rape by somebody he brought home in the early am after meeting her at a bar.
- one guy has been involved in embarrassing incidents involving alcohol the other guy has been involved in embarrassing incidents involving alcohol and the law.
- somewhere between drunken embarrasement and drunken, alleged criminal embarrasement is where some people draw the line as to what they are willing to forgive.
-there is nothing inherently inconsistent about this, its personal feelings that are logically defensible

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
And let's not pretend that not getting charged means that Kane is innocent.

It doesn't. Not even 1 percent so.

He needs to change his pattern of behavior over a period of time either way. He is untouchable. He can do what he wants. And that needs to change.

As of this minute the only thing you can rightfully pretend is that he is innocent.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Again, we don't know about the evidence. We don't know what the case is, or isn't.

All we know is, as per usual, this case will likely get thrown out. Thanks to the tampering situation- this bag doesn't get out without tampering- Kane will not be able to get criminally charged.

It just won't happen.

It will just kind of go away and people will get over it and be screaming 'KANER!' immediately.

But, still, to imply the woman is a gold digger, is absurd. She has gotten dragged through the mud much more so than Kane.

Chicago is Penn State, that's the situation here. Only difference is - we don't know if Kane is innocent or guilty. At least with the Penn State situation, it has been settled and people know Paterno was a child abuse enabler...making their actions a little bit worse.

Kane isn't a victim here. He is still the accused and she is the accuser, and it will likely never amount to more than that.

Now we have psychopaths shaming the accuser. So bad, its ridiculous. Blackhawks fans that are joining that can get hit by a car for all i care.

I think you're among the few that believed the accuser's attorney's dog and pony show from yesterday. I've heard nothing reasonable that suggests the evidence was compromised in any way.

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010

It just won't happen.

lol

The Penn State analogy is awful.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
We don't know that Kane's a victim here. Am I the only thinking the evidence tampering is a sign more happened than he is letting on. That doesn't just happen by mistake xD

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
No, the Penn State analogy isn't awful.

And no, nothing has been shown to indicate the Lawyer was lying yesterday.

The lawyer went public with the incident in desperation, I'm sure. He can't convict Kane. Doesn't mean what happened has no weight in the case.

Yes it is. There is no comparison to be made except a false one. Penn st/joe Paterno were complicit in a child rapist using their facilities to commit crimes for years. All the blackhawks do is employ somebody whos been accused of rape, but has not even been arrested or charged with anything. Your comparison is the exact type of sensationalism that devolves all these types of discussions to screaming between two diametrically opposed sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
We don't know that Kane's a victim here. Am I the only thinking the evidence tampering is a sign more happened than he is letting on. That doesn't just happen by mistake xD

we have no idea what happened right now, or even how relevant the bag is. As far as i know, its not even a piece of evidence, just a vessel to transport the actual evidence.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yes, the Penn State analogy is awful.

Paterno and the Penn State athletic department were irrefutably proven to have covered up over a decade of sexual abuse in a horribly misguided attempt to protect their image and multiple parties were arrested, indicted, convicted, and inprisoned for it. Kane has been accused of something awful, though no charges have been filed, and the Hawks (and the NHL) has so far taken him at his word for it.

Fans cheering for one =/= fans cheering for the other. It's ludicrous to compare the two. It's even ludicrous to compare the Kane/Hawks situation with the Rice/Ravens situation, as that had visual evidence that the whole world was able to see.

If you think that fans should be hesitant to cheer Kane until we know more, I can understand that. But vilifying them for doing so (when it somewhat appears that Kane might not be charged)? That's axe grinding in a big way.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Get Giangreco on the blower. I heard this is a slam dunk case and Graham says Kane is turning himself in August 6th. That is fast approaching.

Keithsteeth

Nov 10, 2013

What evidence tampering? The police and county said that did not happen and that they have a documented chain of custody to back that up

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Yes, the Penn State analogy is awful.

Paterno and the Penn State athletic department were irrefutably proven to have covered up over a decade of sexual abuse in a horribly misguided attempt to protect their image and multiple parties were arrested, indicted, convicted, and inprisoned for it. Kane has been accused of something awful, though no charges have been filed, and the Hawks (and the NHL) has so far taken him at his word for it.

Fans cheering for one =\= fans choosing for the other. It's ludicrous to compare the two. It's even ludicrous to compare the Kane/Hawks situation with the Rice/Ravens situation, as that had visual evidence that the whole world was able to see.

If you think that fans should be hesitant to cheer Kane until we know more, I can understand that. But vilifying them for doing so (when it somewhat appears that Kane might not be charged)? That's axe grinding in a big way.

You're choosing a part irrelevant to the situation. No, it is a good, actually perfect analogy.

It's about sports culture. Sports culture is disgusting. Joe Pa was defended to, and past his death- even after he was proven otherwise. By fans.

Kane is being defended- since the beginning- by the [mod] that are cheering for him to be found innocent and turn into the victim.
These are the same psychopaths posting pictures, shaming the accuser.

Rape Culture. Look at Julie DiCaro's posts for example. She is a rape victim who has spoken out - not against kane- but against rape culture. An example of a retweet of a blackhawks fans "one of the blackhawks players should beat you to death like the ***** you are, ****"

The point has never been to vilify Kane. The point has been to bring awareness to rape culture. It's really ****ed, and believing otherwise is ignorant, quite frankly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Labels. Labels. Labels. Like Mr. Cambria said, what are the facts here. That's what I personally care about. Not labels to characterize things that aren't relevant to this particular situation. What happened to DiCaro, or Ray Rice, or Joe Pa has no barring on this case and should not influence the reporting of such. That's just my opinion.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Labels. Labels. Labels. Like Mr. Cambria said, what are the facts here. That's what I personally care about. Not labels to characterize things that aren't relevant to this particular situation. What happened to DiCaro, or Ray Rice, or Joe Pa has no barring on this case and should not influence the reporting of such. That's just my opinion.

You're entirely missing the point. This is irrelevant to anything I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad