Kane legal drama in Buffalo IV (no hearsay, verifiable sources only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Reading between the lines, the accuser or the accuser's mom lied to the attorney about the bag story so he's dropping out of the case.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'm really stunned that a lawyer would hold a press conference like this to announce he was withdrawing from the case. You would never get this in Canada. Is this common in the US?

Oh god, he just referred to the woman by her first name :facepalm:

edit - I should add you don't get press conferences from lawyers in Canada the same way you get in the US - but even having said that, it's incomprehensible to me that a lawyer would withdraw from any case with a press conference like this.

Keithsteeth

Nov 10, 2013
I'm really stunned that a lawyer would hold a press conference like this to announce he was withdrawing from the case. You would never get this in Canada. Is this common in the US?

Damage control - if for any reason he was suspected of being involved in this he could be disbarred which would effectively end his career

Nocando

Aug 9, 2015
Maybe he should have done this investigation before yesterday's press conference. And wow, using her name.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He's gotta be using her name on purpose. He might feel crossed here and now he looks like a moron. Not saying he should be. This is a ****show, wow.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Agreed. It can't be a surprise that her lawyer is doing a press conference tonight before the Sedita tomorrow. He clearly doesn't care if the DA gets angry with him.

Sedita is a lame duck. And, yes, he clearly doesn't care if Sedita is smoking mad. And I'm guessing he is.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
personally, I think this guy was trying to do his best here, knew he was losing, went for it, and the family kinda ****ed him over.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Damage control - if for any reason he was suspected of being involved in this he could be disbarred which would effectively end his career

Even if he were concerned about that, it wouldn't require conducting a press conference.

I know that legal advocacy in the US tends to be handled in a more public manner than Canada, but I'm in total disbelief that any lawyer would handle withdrawal like this. To me, it's something like this that could potentially get a lawyer disbarred.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This bag story seems like a bunch of ********, the authorities called his bluff and the DA was about to get to business tomorrow.

Keithsteeth

Nov 10, 2013
personally, I think this guy was trying to do his best here, knew he was losing, went for it, and the family kinda ****ed him over.

That better be the case (and I think it very likely is, as he's supposedly a respected attorney).

the alternative is that he was potentially involved in falsifying evidence (along with several other things) which could end up getting him sanctioned if not outright disbarred

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

edit - I should add you don't get press conferences from lawyers in Canada the same way you get in the US - but even having said that, it's incomprehensible to me that a lawyer would withdraw from any case with a press conference like this.

You don't normally get press conferences like this in the U.S. either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad