Kane legal drama in Buffalo III (no hearsay, verifiable sources only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Either his girlfriend thinks he's innocent, they have an open relationship, or they were on a break.

I'm hoping for the first of those options.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Either his girlfriend thinks he's innocent, they have an open relationship, or they were on a break.

I'm hoping for the first of those options.

the girlfriend aspect is why i have not agreed with folks who have acted like kane, even if no rape occurred, didnt still put himself in a bad spot saying oh he's just a single guy so why would it even matter if he went home with a random girl at a bar at the end of a night of drinking. kane and the blackhawks, for whatever reason, have been using that girlfriend of kane's for the last couple years to sell an image of him to hawks fans as a reformed guy who settled down from his old ways. I dont care what legal fun kane has in his personal life, I just dont want to be sold b.s. about it by the team.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
You know, I've been reading post upon post on this topic, and I have to ask a silly question here, but is it %100 known if him and the accuser even had sexual relations in the first place?

MR2010

Sep 4, 2015
You know, I've been reading post upon post on this topic, and I have to ask a silly question here, but is it %100 known if him and the accuser even had sexual relations in the first place?

Not officially. I would think if that were the case Kane would have proclaimed his innocence loudly once the allegations became public.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
I have to believe that either an admission from Kane or physical evidence exists for this case to go to the Grand Jury.

I see it that way too, but I can't respond to this without reciting all the ideas that have already been countless times on this board already. Very puzzling case especially when we know so few facts, if any. Including the one I brought up.

Kitty Hawk

"None of that stinkin' root beer!"
Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Chicagoland, Illinois, USA

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Chris Hine on 670 this morning re: trading Kane -> "the possibility is possible". :help:

Yeah, and it's possible I could find a winning lottery ticket. It's also possible that I may sleep tonight.

What a useless statement by Hine.

I think it's time for me to turn the Score off.

My life has gotten exponentially better since I stopped listening to local sports talk radio.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Yeah, and it's possible I could find a winning lottery ticket. It's also possible that I may sleep tonight.

What a useless statement by Hine.

My life has gotten exponentially better since I stopped listening to local sports talk radio.

Save the clip Cathy shared with us. The Chicago Tribune has been putting out quite a bit of useless information as well.

Speaking of the clip, Kaner seemed in good spirits today. As a fan, it makes me feel a little better about the whole thing. Just hope the right thing happens either way.

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
I'm wondering about what Kane's lawyer's perspective is on this. I am definitely not a legal expert but it seems kind of risky to allow Kane to make himself available to the media twice now considering that reporters are actively going to try to make him slip up. Even if they have been coaching him- which is obvious. Still, you're opening your client up to intense scrutiny (like the over attention on the double negative.) IMO they appear pretty confidence in their defense.

On the other hand, the appearance of confidence could be a strategy? Showing him going about business as usual (seemingly supported by his organization) could just be posturing too.

MR2010

Sep 4, 2015
I have to believe that either an admission from Kane or physical evidence exists for this case to go to the Grand Jury.

BroadwayJay, who is a practicing NY criminal defense attorney, said merely the witness saying it happened is enough for an arrest and indictment.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
Girlfriend or not, that change nothing. I would guess that someone able to rape another person is probably able to lie to his girlfriend.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I don't think the girlfriend still being with him means anything really. She may just forgive him cheating one night for all we know. She wouldn't be the first woman (or person for that matter) to forgive or put up with something to stay with a man who brings her a good situation.

Regarding the trade stuff. It wouldn't surprise me at this point if Kane is traded. Seeing the drilling McDonough took at the press conference and the look on his face? Uggh. I wouldn't expect a trade until long after the smoke has cleared though, when they probably would get a lot more back for him. Maybe at the trading deadline or next season. I hope they don't move him, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad