Kane legal drama in Buffalo III (no hearsay, verifiable sources only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
I'm not sure what's funny about it. The Buffalo News' articles have mostly pushed the accuser's agenda or story. Or so it has seemed. Remember Tim Graham had Kane turning himself in early in this investigation. So for them to come out with this news that might be good news for Kane is very surprising.

Still to many "might bes" in that article to jump to any conclusion. Great that there's no evidence of rape. So far so good. But a lot of other possibilities are out there.

Another question poses itself. Would an exam be performed on a private area even if an accuser says nothing went on down there? This very well could turn out in his favor.

Edit: I had to read back, but the "news" reported that the accuser indeed alleged that he "over powered her and raped her".

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not sure what's funny about it. The Buffalo News' articles have mostly pushed the accuser's agenda or story. Or so it has seemed. Remember Tim Graham had Kane turning himself in early in this investigation. So for them to come out with this news that might be good news for Kane is very surprising.

Tim Graham CLEARLY had an agenda with this. IF he is proven innocent I am interested to see how the committed indian and 2nd city hockey will react. Both have been bashing fans for cheering him and have called form him to be traded.

Personally I think second city is garbage and don't like the writing on committed indian (they know their stuff for the most part and it is a style thing for me) so I want to make it clear that I am biased against what they write.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
My reaction to the news...

dancing-ewok-gif1.gif

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
But, I do wonder, did they check Kane for scratch marks? Doesn't prove assault, depending on where they are (like passionate ones on the back of the shoulder) or what not.

I talked to a friend who works in law enforcement and they said that when he submitted DNA he would have been checked for defensive wounds. They said that without evidence tying his DNA under her finger tips to wounds on his body this case would be hard to prove from the prosecution (although if the DNA was from deep tissue or blood that would be different)

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
I talked to a friend who works in law enforcement and they said that when he submitted DNA he would have been checked for defensive wounds. They said that without evidence tying his DNA under her finger tips to wounds on his body this case would be hard to prove from the prosecution (although if the DNA was from deep tissue or blood that would be different)

Works for me. Thank you. Interesting case to say the least, eh?

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
Works for me. Thank you. Interesting case to say the least, eh?

For sure, it seems very atypical to me in the way it's progressed (no arrest, grand jury rescheduling, waiting weeks until late August to collect DNA, etc.) but I'm no expert.

I guess it's possible that he does have defensive wounds on his body but given how much has leaked it seems a little unlikely to me.

I'm not sure we're out of the woods here yet since they may try to charge him with a lesser charge on sexual misconduct (perhaps through bite marks and DNA on shoulder).

Hawks818

Sep 6, 2015
Chicago
For sure, it seems very atypical to me in the way it's progressed (no arrest, grand jury rescheduling, waiting weeks until late August to collect DNA, etc.) but I'm no expert.

I guess it's possible that he does have defensive wounds on his body but given how much has leaked it seems a little unlikely to me.

I'm not sure we're out of the woods here yet since they may try to charge him with a lesser charge on sexual misconduct (perhaps through bite marks and DNA on shoulder).

I've always been skeptical of the bite marks and scratch report because I've always thought if she had those injuries that would have given the police probable cause to arrest Kane. Also the Niagra Falls report said he was never compelled for a dental impression so they must not have teeth marks to compare anything to. Could DNA come from skin on skin contact? What was meant by casual contact in the article? I didn't follow that. I assume they can tell what the source of DNA is on her body....Saliva vs skin cells vs bodily fluids (i.e. Semen or blood).

Last edited:

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
I've always been skeptical of the bite marks and scratch report because I've always thought if she had those injuries that would have given the police probable cause to arrest Kane. Also the Niagra Falls report said he was never compelled for a dental impression so they must not have teeth marks to compare anything to. Could DNA come from skin on skin contact? What was meant by casual contact in the article? I didn't follow that. I assume they can tell what the source of DNA is on her body....Saliva vs skin cells vs bodily fluids (i.e. Semen or blood).

If they found saliva on the bite marks, they may have not needed to take dental impressions (although that seems a little negligent.) The other alternative is that "bite marks" could be an exaggeration- i.e. hickeys. It's also interesting that the news didn't mention any DNA evidence found on the reported scratch on her leg.

I didn't follow "casual contact" either. Maybe DNA under the finger tips could come from casually touching him or things at his place but that seems far fetched to me. The kit would show what the DNA was (saliva, blood, skin particles, hair, etc.) but I assuming the sources don't have or didn't provide that information.

Hawks818

Sep 6, 2015
Chicago
If they found saliva on the bite marks, they may have not needed to take dental impressions (although that seems a little negligent.) The other alternative is that "bite marks" could be an exaggeration- i.e. hickeys. It's also interesting that the news didn't mention any DNA evidence found on the reported scratch on her leg.

I didn't follow "casual contact" either. Maybe DNA under the finger tips could come from casually touching him or things at his place but that seems far fetched to me. The kit would show what the DNA was (saliva, blood, skin particles, hair, etc.) but I assuming the sources don't have or didn't provide that information.

I suspect that Kane's legal team and NHL/Hawks must have had these results or known about them before allowing Kane to go to camp without objection.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Tim Graham CLEARLY had an agenda with this. IF he is proven innocent I am interested to see how the committed indian and 2nd city hockey will react. Both have been bashing fans for cheering him and have called form him to be traded.

Fans should be bashed for cheering him. A cautious, patient approach is the correct reaction. Sit back and wait to we hear more details. Hearing the quotes from the Kane jersey-wearing fans at Notre Dame is disgusting.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Fans should be bashed for cheering him. A cautious, patient approach is the correct reaction. Sit back and wait to we hear more details. Hearing the quotes from the Kane jersey-wearing fans at Notre Dame is disgusting.

Agreed, the scum rises quickly to the top. The Hawks Reddit page has been nothing but this.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio

Can't the same be said for people who bashed him? Especially those who did it to get people to read their articles.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If this article has merit, it is only a matter of time before any consideration for charges are dismissed and Kane is released to play hockey. The lack of DNA in the genital area leads me to believe that the word "rape" was never used by the accuser; sexual assault yes, but not rape .... anf if it was, she will be the liar in all of this.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well it has been pointed out that while in almost all rape incidents where it was actually consumated,the rapist does not use a condom...so if the D..A. tries to suggest he used one and no DNA leakage occurred OR that he never even ejaculated,he could be trying to prove the first case ever of the Immaculate Rapist which is so silly no Grand Jury let alone a real jury would ever buy it...If the thing don't fit you must acquit etc..

This looks now to be a very big stretch to proceed with any charges. ..If Kane were some ordinary shmo and no DNA evidence linkage then the prosecution would have dismissed immediately on such lack of proof..as it is the D.A. cannot even link him to consensual sex unless Kane admitted to that..The case us a shambles because obviously there were agendas to get a sports star and tear him of his high pedestal for political points and of course for gold digger loot by the woman and her legal camp...It is amazing that DNA tests years later get guys off whileDeath Row for crimes they unjustly got convicted on....while Kane is put through this I would call it now unjust process a second longer ...the D.A. ought to dismiss now...immediately!

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
If this article has merit, it is only a matter of time before any consideration for charges are dismissed and Kane is released to play hockey. The lack of DNA in the genital area leads me to believe that the word "rape" was never used by the accuser; sexual assault yes, but not rape .... anf if it was, she will be the liar in all of this.

Bobby - why would they test for his DNA in her private areas unless she said something happened down there? That's very invasive to an alleged victim and I can't for the life of me imagine they would test down there unless she said something happened.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

You really want to bash kids wearing Kane's jersey because that is who was cheering him. Going by the innocent until proven guilty method it is ok to wear that jersey and cheer him. How as a parent would you do it? Tell your kids not that he is accused of rape only to look dumb when/if the charges are dropped? No you wait and teach your kids if charges come. It is also a great opprotunity to teach a child about innocent until proven guilty.

It would be disgusting if he was charged but he hasn't been and the few details released have been minor .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad