Kane legal drama in Buffalo III (no hearsay, verifiable sources only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR2010

Sep 4, 2015
I wouldn't expect a trade until long after the smoke has cleared though, when they probably would get a lot more back for him. Maybe at the trading deadline or next season. I hope they don't move him, though.

Kane would have to agree to that given he has a no move clause.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Kane isnt going anywhere if he isn't forced to from a legal stand point.
They would get WAY more backlash from fans than the nonsense they will deal with for a few weeks from the media

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I don't think the girlfriend still being with him means anything really. She may just forgive him cheating one night for all we know. She wouldn't be the first woman (or person for that matter) to forgive or put up with something to stay with a man who brings her a good situation.

Regarding the trade stuff. It wouldn't surprise me at this point if Kane is traded. Seeing the drilling McDonough took at the press conference and the look on his face? Uggh. I wouldn't expect a trade until long after the smoke has cleared though, when they probably would get a lot more back for him. Maybe at the trading deadline or next season. I hope they don't move him, though.

That media circus proved Kane is worth more than McD being upset. McD might not be happy with it all, but I am sure Rocky or whoever told him to figure it out.

Wouldn't be surprised if they lose the Bowmans in the not to distant future if they force Stan to trade him.

Nocando

Aug 9, 2015
Surprised this garbage is still being uttered on here myself. If he's absolved, it's just a bad, bad business decision.

I really fail to understand the trade talk. One blog has people who claim to be in the know insist Kane used his last chance and he will be gone by next year. Take it to the bank. If Kane committed a crime he'll be in jail and can't be traded, and if he didn't commit a crime why would he be traded? If he isn't convicted of raping the woman, what did he do on his own time and in his own home that is the business his bosses? And why would the Hawks give someone on such a short leash (absolutely no more chances) an 8 year contract? I can't figure out if these people with all the inside sources think the Hawks will trade a guilty Kane from a jail cell or an innocent Kane because he's a victim of somebody else's crime. None of this makes sense to me.

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
One blog has people who claim to be in the know insist Kane used his last chance and he will be gone by next year.

You're talking about HockeyBuzz, right? What I want to know is, for someone who has so many inside contacts, why is JJ so seldom correct with his info?

From what I read on there, they looked at McD's body language/words in the presser as evidence that Kane will be traded and said that Kane forced them to allow him to come to trading camp. This alone is ridiculous. Patrick Kane does not have more power than the Hawks in the NHL, even with the NHLPA backing him. If the Hawks felt strongly enough that they didn't want him there they would have had the commissioner suspend him, which we've discussed they technically can do in an ongoing investigation.

They also chose to seat Kane's ass right next to McDonough, while wearing a Hawk's sweatshirt. Yeah, that sure looks like they're done with him forever.

I'm sure a trade is possible, but I don't think ANYTHING is set in stone here.

Last edited:

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Trading Kane based solely on an accusation (assuming he is never charged with anything) would be incredibly stupid. I think, based on fan reactions to this situation across the Internet, the majority of Blackhawks fans would be pissed if he were traded. It is my opinion that (again, this is all assuming he isn't charged) it will be awkward or whatever with the media at first, as it is now, but if Kane continues to play at a high level and there are no further developments in this investigation, this media circus stuff will eventually subside. Opposing fans who are upset that their team can't beat the Blackhawks will probably shout stuff at him, but I assume he knows that and is prepared for it.

Imagining watching Kane (who I assume after this will finally get his act together and stop ****ing up, because being accused of rape is different than drunken partying on a college campus or an altercation with a cab driver) be an elite, game-changing player for another team for the next eight years is not pleasant.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
This is business-not personal. If Kane is cleared of this you have one of the best , most exciting, players in the NHL on your team. Why would you dump him because he pisses you off sometimes?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
First of all, if Kane winds up traded (after this all hopefully blows over) we'd get some decent pieces coming back to us along with less cap problems moving forward.

John Mcdonough didn't seem happy being called tone deaf, and I wouldn't be surprised if the situation has soared him on Kane.

Not saying Kane will be traded, but I can see it happening.

Nocando

Aug 9, 2015
If the Hawk's brass throws Kane under the bus because they are embarrassed about an unproved accusation (provided, of course, it is unproved), what does that say to everyone else? What does it say to anyone looking for a big payoff? Make an accusation, promise to keep quiet, and count the money.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Read that just a couple minutes ago. Huge news. While that's not proof against the allegation, it is absolutely massive grounds for reasonable doubt if Kane needs to mount a legal defense and a big barrier against charges getting filed.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
yes great news......Roszival can earn his 600 K by babysitting Kaner off the ice for this season.....make it happen Q....

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Slam dunk, yeah right....

No DNA evidence they even had intercourse, I can't see how this case could go very far. Rape would be impossible to prove, sexual assault could still go forward. The DNA on her shoulder, wasn't it said in one of the reports she said she was bitten?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Slam dunk, yeah right....

No DNA evidence they even had intercourse, I can't see how this case could go very far. Rape would be impossible to prove, sexual assault could still go forward. The DNA on her shoulder, wasn't it said in one of the reports she said she was bitten?

Good point. IF Kane gets cleared shortly. You have to wonder if anyone will hold Giangreco responsible for his comments. His integrity is looking like it's about to go down the toilet.

wafflecones

Sep 16, 2015
It's interesting that the report said that DNA underneath finger tips could come from casual contact- what does that mean exactly? Like running your fingers through someone's hair.

Also something the article doesn't mention is that rape kits can find trace evidence of condom use (though not always) and I assume if they'd found evidence of that it would have been leaked as well.

My guess is this is the reason for the grand jury delay, that the evidence came back different then they expected.

This may now come down to how close the evidence matches up to her story/his story of what happened.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
I want to take this as good news. But now I have another theory. And I'm not going to post it just yet. But, I do wonder, did they check Kane for scratch marks? Doesn't prove assault, depending on where they are (like passionate ones on the back of the shoulder) or what not.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I want to take this as good news. But now I have another theory. And I'm not going to post it just yet. But, I do wonder, did they check Kane for scratch marks? Doesn't prove assault, depending on where they are (like passionate ones on the back of the shoulder) or what not.

perhaps she assaulted him and that is why his DNA is under her nails.....

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Still, not enough facts let out to make a judgement, funny they'd divulge that information and not the rest. I want to hear their versions of what happened.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Still, not enough facts let out to make a judgement, funny they'd divulge that information and not the rest. I want to hear their versions of what happened.

I'm not sure what's funny about it. The Buffalo News' articles have mostly pushed the accuser's agenda or story. Or so it has seemed. Remember Tim Graham had Kane turning himself in early in this investigation. So for them to come out with this news that might be good news for Kane is very surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad