Kaleta hit on Richards: Suspension or not? UPDATE: Suspended 5 Games

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Good. Exactly what I was expecting. ****ing dirty and careless play. Hope that cheapshot artist is taken out of the game for good next time. Same with Cooke.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Good. Exactly what I was expecting. ****ing dirty and careless play. Hope that cheapshot artist is taken out of the game for good next time. Same with Cooke.

Don't bet on it. Look how many media members and fans fell for the PR propoganda about Cooke being a "changed man."

All Kaleta has to do is say the right things while looking like a lost puppy to the cameras and 99% of the people out there will bend over backwards to forgive him.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
In at least one respect Kaleta is a lot like Avery. He may fight someone or may not--whatever happens he'll try to make it on his own terms--which is why he's a very good agitator. He is also a dirty piece of ****--which is not like Avery. Avery pissed a lot of people off but there wasn't a long line of his victims going to the emergency room. Kaleta is a player who tries to seriously hurt others--there's not a whole lot of them around but Cooke and Torres certainly belong in that group. I don't like him at all but keep in mind the next Buffalo game--the best revenge starts with winning the game and it may be that's best accomplished by not letting him become too much of a factor. Chasing players around is not a disciplined way to play--we shouldn't chase him. If Asham can go--then he's most likely the guy should something happen. He's calm and cool in a fight and very good and just about Kaleta's size and it won't be a mugging.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Do yourselves a favor, guys: stay away from the main boards.

Like the devil to Holy Water, stay the **** away.

MSG the place to be*

How many games is Regehr gonna get for cross checking Callahan about 2 seconds after Richards gets hit?

If Callahan had fallen head first into the boards there would be an uproar about that hit too. But since he stayed on his feet, I have not seen one single fan or analyst point it out.

Kaleta made a dangerous play but he's also the victim of bad luck.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
How many games is Regehr gonna get for cross checking Callahan about 2 seconds after Richards gets hit?

If Callahan had fallen head first into the boards there would be an uproar about that hit too. But since he stayed on his feet, I have not seen one single fan or analyst point it out.

Kaleta made a dangerous play but he's also the victim of bad luck.

In my profession and in the sport of hockey, everyone is familiar with the saying "You make your own luck". It goes both ways. You make your own bad luck, if that is bad luck at all.

Second, if Regehr gets a suspension than so does Girardi and then everyone will get suspended for boarding calls including Stu at the beginning of the night.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
In my profession and in the sport of hockey, everyone is familiar with the saying "You make your own luck". It goes both ways. You make your own bad luck, if that is bad luck at all.

Second, if Regehr gets a suspension than so does Girardi and then everyone will get suspended for boarding calls including Stu at the beginning of the night.

This.

If what GMan and Regehr did weren't nearly the same. GMan was lining up for a hit and Ennis turned to try and avoid it and Gman got him high. No headshots or anything though. 2 minutes worth is so much different than a 5 minute's. Same for Regehr. 2 minutes is a hell of a lot different that what you did if you get a 5 minute.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Hopefully this cheapshot by POS Kaleta has the same effect as Jumbo Joe calling us soft last season. That woke them up. Let's do it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad