Kaleta hit on Richards: Suspension or not? UPDATE: Suspended 5 Games

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Kaletta hit was infinitely worse than the MaxPac hit.
Kaletta may well turtle, I'd expect nothing less. Regardless the message needs to be sent!

John Scott will most likely be playing for the Sabres the next time they meet. I can't believe I am going to say this but the Sabres are actually the "tougher" team in terms of throwing fists.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Kelly Hrudey just called the hit despicable on HNiC radio. He said Kaleta knew what he was doing, and he deserves 8 games.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
John Scott will most likely be playing for the Sabres the next time they meet. I can't believe I am going to say this but the Sabres are actually the "tougher" team in terms of throwing fists.

Yeah but but but we got big Brian Boyle to go up against John Scott in case he gets angry - no?

Mashinter needs to get a callup for this next Sabres game. Kid needs a look in the real goon league. Not kidding. Big Mac + Haley eventually too. Go Chiefs...

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Well, the league has already basically come out and said that they're not going to severely punish this hit. It's a phone conference, so max is 5 games.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast

So we should let Kaletta slide because of John Scott's presence? Nobody needs to dance with Scott. If he wants to try, and take penalties let him. But Kaletta needs to be challenged immediately, and if we take the penalty it is the kind your happy to kill and you hope they can.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So we should let Kaletta slide because of John Scott's presence? Nobody needs to dance with Scott. If he wants to try, and take penalties let him. But Kaletta needs to be challenged immediately, and if we take the penalty it is the kind your happy to kill and you hope they can.

This is great thinking from the guy sitting behind his keyboard. The first guy to do that will have to know he will be targeted by John Scott. Easy for fans not playing to say, not as easy for players to do it.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
This is great thinking from the guy sitting behind his keyboard. The first guy to do that will have to know he will be targeted by John Scott. Easy for fans not playing to say, not as easy for players to do it.

Haha, nothing like playing the game from the standpoint of fear. True professionalism. Regardless, John Scott's presence should not prevent Kaletta from being challenged.

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010

I'd be really surprised if Scott targets the guy who causes Kaleta to drop the gloves, as long as it's done in a non-Bertuzzi way. Every man on that Sabres bench last night knew that what Kaleta did was wrong, and that he needs to face the music for it. Especially the goons.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Well, the league has already basically come out and said that they're not going to severely punish this hit. It's a phone conference, so max is 5 games.

I just saw the "hit" since I missed the game last night and was coming to post this.

It is the NHL so I am expecting 0 games, maybe the max fine.

Bardof425*

I don't care about whether he gets suspended or not. I want someone in a blue sweater to pound him and F-John Scott. He'll take an instigator and put us on the PP.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't care about whether he gets suspended or not. I want someone in a blue sweater to pound him and F-John Scott. He'll take an instigator and put us on the PP.

Again, you won't be the person on the receiving end of Scott's haymakers.

You are all like the captain sitting in the trench yelling at his men to charge across an open field. Jus' sayin'

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Again, you won't be the person on the receiving end of Scott's haymakers.

You are all like the captain sitting in the trench yelling at his men to charge across an open field. Jus' sayin'

These men are paid to play as a unit. I am not.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You can't effectively play hockey if goons are taking shots at your 1C. This is what the Bickels of the world are paid to do.

This Rangers team is not built to really answer the bell. That's a fact. Asking someone else to step up, while maybe good for team chemistry, is asking for the game to get out of hand and begin a spiral towards a game they would not want to get into.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Again, calling for courage when it has no effect on you.

Yes I am. Of course it has no effect on me, I'm just a poster on a message board what does that matter. Are you really hoping we do nothing out of fear of John Scott or are you simply saying I shouldn't talk of courage from my keyboard because im not professional hockey player for the sake of argument? Either way I hope we do show the courage to challenge Kaletta as it is the correct course of action for this team.

16 To Stanley*

This Rangers team is not built to really answer the bell. That's a fact. Asking someone else to step up, while maybe good for team chemistry, is asking for the game to get out of hand and begin a spiral towards a game they would not want to get into.

If Bickel plays i think he will fight him. If Asham plays, he certainly will.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yes I am. Of course it has no effect on me, I'm just a poster on a message board what does that matter. Are you really hoping we do nothing out of fear of John Scott or are you simply saying I shouldn't talk of courage from my keyboard because im not professional hockey player for the sake of argument? Either way I hope we do show the courage to challenge Kaletta as it is the correct course of action for this team.

I am hoping they do something but what I am pointing out is that if they don't it isn't due to a lack of caring. The team just isn't built to do what you are asking. It's similar to someone asking them to play a puck possession style ala Detroit with Brian Boyle and Taylor Pyatt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad