Seravalli: Kadri watch- Contract offer will start at 8mil AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would not be surpriced if Kadri will sign to Detroit.

Most improved team at this offseason and could improve even more.

They have the cap space other teams are not having.

They aren’t even the most improved in their division.

They rank like the 6th in Atlantic

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
...cool...besides the Sens, whom I agree are having a phenomenal offseason, name the other 4 who improved more in the Atlantic...we await with baited breathe...
What's the Red Wings future out look on cap space? Who do you forsee requiring big raises in the next two years?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
...cool...besides the Sens, whom I agree are having a phenomenal offseason, name the other 4 who improved more in the Atlantic...we await with baited breathe...

Why should I name 4 other teams that got better more than Detroit?

I said Ottawa had a better offseason( or has had) than Detroit, so disagree with the most improved comment.
I also said they rank 6th in the Atlantic at best right now and Kadri is looking to go to a contender.

Tampa
Florida
Toronto
Boston
Ottawa
Detroit/ Buffalo

Kadri isn’t seeing the playoffs if he goes to Detroit

Beef Cake

Aug 10, 2016

I said Ottawa had a better offseason( or has had) than Detroit, so disagree with the most improved comment.
I also said they rank 6th in the Atlantic at best right now and Kadri is looking to go to a contender.

Tampa
Florida
Toronto
Boston
Ottawa
Detroit/ Buffalo

Not other poster but I thought you meant you ranked them 6th most improved in the atlantic, with 1/5 ahead of them being Ottawa

Reactions: Sparkleton

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Tampa
Florida
Toronto
Boston
Ottawa
Detroit/ Buffalo

...that may have been your intention but that isn't what you posted...you failed to quantify your post correctly, if that's what you meant...

Reactions: dukeofjive

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
...that may have been your intention but that isn't what you posted...you failed to quantify your post correctly, if that's what you meant...

”They aren’t even the most improved in their division.

They rank like the 6th in Atlantic”

That post doesn’t say 5 teams improved more, that says they rank like the 6th in the Atlantic after saying on another sentence they aren’t even the most improved in their division to a comment saying they are the most improved team.

& you know for some english is their 3rd language.

Don’t get mad at me for Detroit having a 10 year rebuild, that’s not on me

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

That post doesn’t say 5 teams improved more, that says they rank like the 6th in the Atlantic after saying on another sentence they aren’t even the most improved in their division to a comment saying they are the most improved team.

...then you can take constructive aide in your posting...quantify different thoughts so there is no confusion, as another poster also pointed out...:thumbu:

Reactions: dukeofjive

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019

Or maybe you have incoherent thoughts and sentence structure…

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What's the Red Wings future out look on cap space? Who do you forsee requiring big raises in the next two years?
I’m not a red wings fan.

i don’t expect much from thrm. They signed some more known players on the team but there is a lot of uncertainty with the players.

they also have 2 nbig UFAs next summer in bertuzzi and Larkin to resign.

the team has 13 players who will be UFAs in 23 or 24. You are going to have a lot of change over.

ottawa septillion has an older defense with 4 becoming UFAs the next 2 yrs. I don’t think Debrincat will be that dominating/ star as they might have hoped.

buffalo on the other hand has most of its roster returning. They will have 3 top 30 non nhl prospects playing with the club in 22/23 and the only major changes were adding a RD and goalie to the roster who did not play at least 1 game fir buffalo ladt season. Don’t be surprised if buffalo is better than either of those teams.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I'll throw in a darkhorse team here : Buffalo. They have the cap space (19M right now), they have a young team that could do some damage and he would still be close to home (London, ONT).
They would probably look to move Mittelstadt out for a Dman (moving Bryson down to #7D) or a pick/prospect... or a 1 year bad contract dump + even nicer pick/prospect. Having Mittelstad as a 4th liner going forward doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.

Thompson, Kadri and Cozens is a really solid core of centers. Probably costs too much on the cap, but I suppose one of them could be moved out when Power needs his $$$.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
People always say that certain player is not good in the playoffs. There is some arguments that some people can't take the pressure and they turn invincible in the playoffs and show only shadow of their true abilities. But like Tkachuk. He is young and pretty new to playoffs. Not even in his prime. We really don't even know yet what kind of performer Tkachuk will be. So i think this bad in the playoffs argument is just lazy.
Ok if I am workmanlike and call him "great in the playoffs". Citing his actual performance to date in the PO's isn't lazy. I think its lazy to call that lazy FWIW

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
...then you can take constructive aide in your posting...quantify different thoughts so there is no confusion, as another poster also pointed out...:thumbu:

I just never said 5 teams improved more than Detroit.

But I guess cool

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
The other teams don't have to improve to be better than the Red Wings. The Red Wings were terrible.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Kadri cup winning days are over if he goes to Detroit. Detroit is going in the right direction but did you see how long of a road it took Colorado to win a cup. mackinnon was drafted 9 yrs ago and landeskog 11 yrs ago. And on top, they had to absolutely fleece in getting byram, Toews, kadri, have busts burakovsky and nichushkin have career years, and a generational d man fall to them to 4 after losing the draft lottery. It’s a damn long process to be a cup champion. Even Tampa had there battle scars with elite talent until they prevailed. I think Detroit will get there, but they are likely 5 plus yrs away and kadri signing there just won’t see the next Detroit glory days.

Reactions: Menzinger

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kadri cup winning days are over if he goes to Detroit. Detroit is going in the right direction but did you see how long of a road it took Colorado to win a cup. mackinnon was drafted 9 yrs ago and landeskog 11 yrs ago. And on top, they had to absolutely fleece in getting byram, Toews, kadri, have busts burakovsky and nichushkin have career years, and a generational d man fall to them to 4 after losing the draft lottery. It’s a damn long process to be a cup champion. Even Tampa had there battle scars with elite talent until they prevailed. I think Detroit will get there, but they are likely 5 plus yrs away and kadri signing there just won’t see the next Detroit glory days.
Burakovsky is a bust? He was drafted 23rd overall and has paced over 60 points for 3 consecutive seasons. If he was like a 7th overall pick I don’t even think you could consider him a bust. What a strange take.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Burakovsky is a bust? He was drafted 23rd overall and has paced over 60 points for 3 consecutive seasons. If he was like a 7th overall pick I don’t even think you could consider him a bust. What a strange take.
I agree. Bura is not a bust. He’s also not the game changing dynamic forward Seattle super fan ButtKrack thinks he is either. He’s a serviceable 2nd line winger with an elite shot. He’s streaky and that’s why he is a 2nd liner not a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad