Seravalli: Kadri watch- Contract offer will start at 8mil AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Bura started playing s lot better after he was benched in the playoffs. He wasn't hustling on D and on the forecheck, and not battling in the corners. He did that repeatedly with his tenure on the Avs. But then, every 8th game or do, he would turn it on. Then disappear again. It's not often you see a 2nd line center, with over 60 points, benched.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Isles seem like a weird fit given their center depth and contracts. Not that guys can’t move to wing, but they all seem better suited to C.
At first glance it does seem strange, but when I thought about it. It would not surprise me. Nelson played on the wing before Trotz came in and he could return to the wing if the Isles add to the C spot. Also Kadri and Lou have a good history together, Kadri really began maturing under Lou, and I am pretty sure their is a strong mutual respect between the 2. The Kurtz tweet really does not add anything we do not already know. Water is wet, the sky is blue, and there is a chance.

Reactions: Fixxer

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
At first glance it does seem strange, but when I thought about it. It would not surprise me. Nelson played on the wing before Trotz came in and he could return to the wing if the Isles add to the C spot. Also Kadri and Lou have a good history together, Kadri really began maturing under Lou, and I am pretty sure their is a strong mutual respect between the 2. The Kurtz tweet really does not add anything we do not already know. Water is wet, the sky is blue, and there is a chance.

Lou and Kadri connection make sense 100%. Doesn't mean anything else though. He will fail to live up to any deal where he is paid like a PPG+ player, and it will age terribly like the rest of their roster. Lou will retire and the franchise will have no prospects and unmoveable contracts, the Sharks of the east.

• Haha
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Almost August and no signing yet. Must be a lot of GM's out there trying to move big contracts to make space for Kadri.
Or maybe there isn't.

Reactions: CalderSchmalder

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lou and Kadri connection make sense 100%. Doesn't mean anything else though. He will fail to live up to any deal where he is paid like a PPG+ player, and it will age terribly like the rest of their roster. Lou will retire and the franchise will have no prospects and unmoveable contracts, the Sharks of the east.
This reads like someone who is trying way too hard to convince themselves they do miss Lou as a GM. I don’t blame you one and out golf once the playoffs hit is such a low bar. Carry on!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I just don't buy the Islanders thing. Lou was able to hide contracts for players the whole league wasn't after. I imagine if there was a deal in the drawer, there would be teams calling and this would have been leaked already.

IvanMalison

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Yeah he sure did, while missing the last 2 rounds in each cup win. Yes he was so pivotal to the teams success, smart guy
Uhh. Tf are you talking about. Burakovsky scored 2 crucial goals in the caps game 7 win vs the bolts in the eastern conference finals ().

And he scored the OT game winner for the avs in game 1:

I nominate @centipede2233 s post for worst of the year.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
So let’s say Kadri goes to NYI…what do they do at center? I mean they also have Barzal and Nelson. Can either of them or Kadri play wing?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Slide Nelson or Kadri to wing. Nelson played wing for years, and with his shooting abilities he’s a good fit there.
Nelson’s game finally started to show once he started playing center. It just seems more natural for him.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
So let’s say Kadri goes to NYI…what do they do at center? I mean they also have Barzal and Nelson. Can either of them or Kadri play wing?

Given Nelson is more comfortable at C, I wonder if Lou would take the opportunity to get max value on Barzal? New team still gets him for $7M in a year where the cap is flat, plus negotiating rights heading into RFA. NYI's prospect pool is pretty shallow and I wouldn't call their top six wingers outstanding either, but he could knock off one or both needs with a well-orchestrated trade.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Given Nelson is more comfortable at C, I wonder if Lou would take the opportunity to get max value on Barzal? New team still gets him for $7M in a year where the cap is flat, plus negotiating rights heading into RFA. NYI's prospect pool is pretty shallow and I wouldn't call their top six wingers outstanding either, but he could knock off one or both needs with a well-orchestrated trade.

I think Barzal is their future really so I doubt they move him.

I could see them trading Pageau (center) and moving Kadri or Nelson to win instead.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Can't wait to see what terrible trade NYI is going to have to make to clear room for the no doubt terrible contract Kadri will sign.

Reactions: olli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad