Seravalli: Kadri watch- Contract offer will start at 8mil AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
That’s not the logic at all.

Thank you? You feel validated somehow? Weird.

There is also a big difference between being an agitator and someone with multiple suspensions for head hunting
was just curious. and you are right if suspensions are the measuring stick, kadri wins 4-3. i did have to double check.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Was certainly not elite in his hole. The big guns did all the heavy lifting, he was a part of it but far from elite
Man you really didn't watch the playoffs. Also, you can't be a big Tkachuk fan and not realize he's had some infractions or close calls. Distinctly remember him getting a couple games for an elbow to the head of Doughty.

Don't know how much more dominant you can be than this game (which helped us distance ourselves in the 2nd round, a round we typically struggle, while dealing with hundred of racist remarks from St. Louis fans).

Just seems like there is something qwhite different about Tkachuk most hockey fans like. Especially looking at the way people attacked Kadri with racist remarks during the playoffs.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Man you really didn't watch the playoffs. Also, you can't be a big Tkachuk fan and not realize he's had some infractions or close calls. Distinctly remember him getting a couple games for an elbow to the head of Doughty.

Don't know how much more dominant you can be than this game (which helped us distance ourselves in the 2nd round, a round we typically struggle, while dealing with hundred of racist remarks from St. Louis fans).

Just seems like there is something qwhite different about Tkachuk most hockey fans like. Especially looking at the way people attacked Kadri with racist remarks during the playoffs.

I always enjoy the “you didn’t watch” crowd. I absolutely make it a point to blindly walk into conversations with no frame of reference. Thank you for pointing out that I didn’t watch. I’m glad his one game highlight means that much to you in the grand scheme of things

Reactions: dukeofjive

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Don't forget the 20 PIM

Career Playoffs 27 G 15 Pts 52 PIM

Evander Kane intimidated him out of series this season while Kadri came back after hand surgery to play in the cup clinching game
Intimidated him out of series… lmao okay

Tkachuk is one of the more dominant players in the league and is only 24. Took Kadri how long to finally get over 50 points?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It was 10 in 12.

Considering Kadri went through multiple suspensions in the playoffs and then released a douchey shirt about Too Many Men, he’s still clown shoes who was a sheer benefactor of that lineup.

Tkachuk is one of the most dominant young power forwards who typically gets under the opponents skin, without taking suspensions like Kadri
Tkachuck sucks in the POs

Reactions: Alienblood

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I always enjoy the “you didn’t watch” crowd. I absolutely make it a point to blindly walk into conversations with no frame of reference. Thank you for pointing out that I didn’t watch. I’m glad his one game highlight means that much to you in the grand scheme of things
If you did watch then you’re a strong argument against fan “eye tests”. He had multiple games each series in which he was creating much of the teams chances, even some games when MacKinnon was less visible. He was their best forward at times and always one of their best. He was playing a huge role in getting the puck up and into the other teams zone to stay, making plays leading to good chances consistently. He was super noticeable.

The only time the other forwards were consistently significantly better than him was the games he was out injured. He was dominant much of the time.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
If you did watch then you’re a strong argument against fan “eye tests”. He had multiple games each series in which he was creating much of the teams chances, even some games when MacKinnon was less visible. He was their best forward at times and always one of their best. He was playing a huge role in getting the puck up and into the other teams zone to stay, making plays leading to good chances consistently. He was super noticeable.

The only time the other forwards were consistently significantly better than him was the games he was out injured. He was dominant much of the time.
Three forwards out produced him, guys like Val stepped up, Lehkonen I think lead the team in GWGs, a career 32 YO backup goalie was really solid when called upon, a lot of things came together on a very talented and stacked team. Kadri played a role, but far from elite.

There is a reason they made it a point to lock up Val and not Kadri

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Three forwards out produced him, guys like Val stepped up, Lehkonen I think lead the team in GWGs, a career 32 YO backup goalie was really solid when called upon, a lot of things came together on a very talented and stacked team. Kadri played a role, but far from elite.

Kadri was the single biggest reason why Colorado was up 3-1 in both the St Louis and Tampa series. Suggesting anything other than he was a huge part of the cup win is laughable.

He had a hat trick against St Louis and the game winning OT goal against Tampa in both game 4s.

Surely I don't have to explain to you how different a 3-1 series is versus a 2-2 series.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

You clearly didn’t watch a shred of the playoffs… we made a point to lock up nuke because he’s truely a unicorn type player. Naz was absolutely key to winning the cup, won game 4 in the finals with one hand and a dominated game 4 In round 2.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Kadri was the single biggest reason why Colorado was up 3-1 in both the St Louis and Tampa series. Suggesting anything other than he was a huge part of the cup win is laughable.

He had a hat trick against St Louis and the game winning OT goal against Tampa in both game 4s.

Surely I don't have to explain to you how different a 3-1 series is versus a 2-2 series.
Even in games he didn’t score as much, he was constantly defending and moving the puck up ice well, passing around the offensive zone. He put the play in the other teams zone and had them scrambling which is the single biggest Avs strength whether they’re scoring or not.

They dominated by keeping the puck far as shot from their net and he was one of their best play drivers frequently

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's so weird that we haven't even heard about what teams might sign him. There are some options that seem like possible choices but have we actually gotten a confirmation from a reliable source on any individual team being interested outside of probably Colorado? It must be extremely difficult to create cap space right now, or he and his agent are reallyyy not wanting to negotiate with teams on the contract he wants. Pretty much the same situation with Klingberg right now too. Teams with cap space are probably demanding a fortune from teams trying to create it.

Once he signs I assume the dominoes will fall on the other UFAs remaining as well, especially a guy like Stastny.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

That’s how cups are won. Several elite players then a great supporting cast to back them up. Kadri isn’t a Malkin-like 2C, but had 15 points in 16 games with a couple gwg’s, 1 in OT. Did many other teams have a 2C with those numbers?

And you prioritize Nichushkin because he’s both younger and cheaper. He’s a safer bet to be worth his contract throughout this cup window, however long it lasts.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Nice to hear Colorado fans singing Kadri's praises, and not because they want to trade him for an asset lol. Means they genuinely respect what he's done. I think Kadri just needs to resign with them and go for a 2 peat. If he chases the green, he's gonna have a pretty lousy time at the tail end when he's an anchor and fans hate him.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Don't forget the 20 PIM

Career Playoffs 27 G 15 Pts 52 PIM

Evander Kane intimidated him out of series this season while Kadri came back after hand surgery to play in the cup clinching game
1658835336708.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad