Seravalli: Kadri watch- Contract offer will start at 8mil AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I think Barzal is their future really so I doubt they move him.

I could see them trading Pageau (center) and moving Kadri or Nelson to win instead.

It depends if Lou thinks he can win with Barzal as his 1C I guess. He's never been afraid to shake things up if he felt there was a mismatch in terms of fit and play style, and given Barzal is headed for a healthy raise himself next summer, I can at least see that discussion happening internally.

Trading Pageau would be best, I agree, but that's probably a hard contract to move in this environment. No contender has room at this point for a $5M 3C, and rebuilding teams won't have any use for a shutdown middle-six center (especially if it compromises their draft position this year). In contrast, a Barzal trade easily nets significant assets, and younger clubs like DET and ANH will have no problem ponying up for him given he fits their timelines.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
What would Yzerman have to send in return?

Bertuzzi? Draft pick/s? Prospect/s?

Lou would likely want Raymond and/or Edvinsson but I don't see Yzerman going that far nor should he.

I don’t think Barzal is worth his qualifying offer. He’s making 10 mil this year. I’m guessing he goes to a team that makes a desperation move. Maybe Calgary or Vancouver?

Reactions: HawkyTown

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
He’s an RFA in 2023 and has a high qualifying offer

And they've probably have talked to Barzal's camp and knows what an extension would look like from their side if they were to get it done this offseason.

I don't think they'd trade him but if they were going to it would be right now. Chances of it happening are 5% (I pulled that out of my nose because other orifices aren't an option, thank you very much).

Re: Nelson at wing? I'd hate it but he has played it before. It would guarantee that Beau is gone since Nelson played LW and Bailey would wind up staying to be the 5M "defensive conscience" of the line, I guess.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Nobody is trading Barzal. Trying him at wing with less defensive responsibilities actually makes way more sense since the offense is his best asset and it has stalled big time. Trading your best forward who is 25 for no reason is just idiotic.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
There is no "Consistency". Everyone on this board knows they will have to move money and everyone knows teams get ripped off moving salary. Sorry if you don't like facts?
Very coy of you to dance around it, Crypto. You know exactly what I mean. When it comes to the isles, you are like the kid in the class who raises his hand to answer every question. We get it, you dislike the team. It is cringe at this point.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Nobody is trading Barzal. Trying him at wing with less defensive responsibilities actually makes way more sense since the offense is his best asset and it has stalled big time.

It's going to be huge adjustment for him and everyone he plays with. He freestyles and carries the puck all over the perimeter. As a winger he has to limit that somewhat and spend more time near the slot.

It may very well turn out to be an excellent decision if made and followed through on it for at least a quarter of a season. Or it could be a bust and then players are getting shuffled all over.

Trading your best forward who is 25 for no reason is just idiotic.

Definitely.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
There is no "Consistency". Everyone on this board knows they will have to move money and everyone knows teams get ripped off moving salary. Sorry if you don't like facts?
That's not what the poster means.

You are in every NYI and NJD thread that it's become a well known joke across this site. You're more of an anti-Islanders fan and anti-Devils fan than a Rangers fan.

It's Sunday July 31st and you've jumped on HFBoards to react to speculation about one of your favorite team's rival. Go outside or something, your shtick is getting old.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Very coy of you to dance around it, Crypto. You know exactly what I mean. When it comes to the isles, you are like the kid in the class who raises his hand to answer every question. We get it, you dislike the team. It is cringe at this point.

That's not what the poster means.

You are in every NYI and NJD thread that it's become a well known joke across this site. You're more of an anti-Islanders fan and anti-Devils fan than a Rangers fan.

It's Sunday July 31st and you've jumped on HFBoards to react to speculation about one of your favorite team's rival. Go outside or something, your shtick is getting old.

Then block me. This is a neutral section of the message board where people can critique moves by other teams.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You were making the same post on the Isles board last week. Unless you were just stalking and forgot where you were lol
If i did then that was a major mistake. Maybe I clicked the subject from the top where you don't know which sub it's sending you to and thought I was in the NHL sub. I do apologize if I did that!

edit - SON OF A BISCUIT! I just checked and I was in the Isles Sub :facepalm: They REALLY need to get rid of that top portion of the latest posts :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille