Confirmed with Link: June 2016: Flyers Sign Radko Gudas To Multi-Year Extension

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I think Del Zotto may be gone, unless MacDonald is off the books.

No way Hextall does 5MM for MacDonald, 3.35 for Gudas and probably what will be 6MM for DelZotto.

There may be a possibility that DelZotto is a casualty because of MacDonald.

That's what I'm thinking with regards to the Gudas signing - Del Zotto's days are numbered unless Streit or MacDonald are moved.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
It has to be. Delzotto will want more than that. I take it at minimum of 6MM

It doesn't have to be. I'm sure Del Zotto's camp will want to use it as a comparison but it's not hard to show its an outlier and was given to Macdonald by the previous gm. His own teammate, who is also clearly better than Macdonald, just took 4 years at 3.35. I would say Del zotto is certainly a step up from that but just because our previous gm gave out a terrible contract to a fringe nhl player doesn't mean hextall will allow him to use that contract against him. If he does, he won't be a flyer - it's that simple.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It has to be. Delzotto will want more than that. I take it at minimum of 6MM

Why didn't Gudas demand more when he's also better than MacDonald?

6M is close to what Yandle got, and Yandle has the kind of consistent production MDZ can only dream of.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I still maintain that MDZ could sign cheaper than expected because he knows the grass is not always greener on the other side. He saw first hand how not being in the right team and situation can make his life miserable.

He seems to be well liked by other players and he seems quite happy. But ultimately, does it make sense to sign him long term with other LHD on the way? I think a 4-5 year deal is still fine because the kids won't god getting bigger money before then anyways.

Just make sure his contract is set up so we can move him in years 4-5 if we need/want to.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It doesn't have to be. I'm sure Del Zotto's camp will want to use it as a comparison but it's not hard to show its an outlier and was given to Macdonald by the previous gm. His own teammate, who is also clearly better than Macdonald, just took 4 years at 3.35. I would say Del zotto is certainly a step up from that but just because our previous gm gave out a terrible contract to a fringe nhl player doesn't mean hextall will allow him to use that contract against him. If he does, he won't be a flyer - it's that simple.

Gudas was not a FA

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So lets discuss this. MDZ is making 4MM right now. He's going to want more, he'll be a UFA.

You guys think he'll accept the same as MacDonald?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall isn't going to offer him six years at $5 million.

3 of the four years Gudas signed for were free agent years.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Still, Hextall's contracts for the most part have been fair. I don't think, at the first, there is any reason to think that if MDZ stays it'll be an overpayment. Too much doom around here.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So lets discuss this. MDZ is making 4MM right now. He's going to want more, he'll be a UFA.

You guys think he'll accept the same as MacDonald?

Hextall isn't going to let MDZ bend him over because of his predecessor's mistake.

MDZ isn't that much more valuable to the Flyers than Gudas based on this past season, so he shouldn't be getting paid that much more. I would be comfortable with $4.5 for MDZ but nothing more, unless he somehow maintains his improved defensve while getting back to his .50 PPG ways of yesteryear.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Hextall isn't going to let MDZ bend him over because of his predecessor's mistake.

MDZ isn't that much more valuable to the Flyers than Gudas based on this past season, so he shouldn't be getting paid that much more. I would be comfortable with $4.5 for MDZ but nothing more, unless he somehow maintains his improved defensve while getting back to his .50 PPG ways of yesteryear.

I never said Hextall will sign him to a bad contract.

But I think somebody will offer him more than what Hextall is willing to go. MacDonald's contract could be effecting him.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
In 14-15 he produced offensively and struggled defensively. This season he was solid defensively with little offensive production. Let's see what guy we get this year.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
shouldnt be a problem...

he wont be a NHL defenseman this upcoming season. so he will be free to do so..

Are you sure about that??? I have him penciled in as either the 6 or 7. He will beat out AMac yet again, and either Schultz or Streit will be gone after this summer. Also, let's not count on Provo yet...he has to have a good camp and show he's ready.

Gudas/Manning 2016-2017

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Are you sure about that??? I have him penciled in as either the 6 or 7. He will beat out AMac yet again, and either Schultz or Streit will be gone after this summer. Also, let's not count on Provo yet...he has to have a good camp and show he's ready.

Gudas/Manning 2016-2017

jebus Christ dude..

the league is full of guys we can sign that play at a NHL level..

there is ZERO reason to resign Manning

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Gudas/Manning 2016-2017

That's odd since being able to play in the NHL means nothing to you... Otherwise you wouldn't want Manning here since he's proven that he can't play in the NHL. The guy isnt even a top pairing defensemen in the AHL. He's trash, simple as that, and certainly worse than Amac.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad