Value of: JT Miller vaule and price set now that Nazem Kadri has signed with Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Miller had 99 points so he’s more valuable then everyone in the NHL. Vancouver is doing Dallas a favor by gifting them Jimothy Timothy Miller.
It's going to be much easier to accept by just acknowledging now that Dobson is practically a Canuck. He's going to be Quinn's defensive partner for 15 years, all thanks to the charitable Islanders. Enjoy getting Focht, and acquiring Miller. The Canucks are even going to retain out of the goodness of our hearts.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
It's going to be much easier to accept by just acknowledging now that Dobson is practically a Canuck. He's going to be Quinn's defensive partner for 15 years, all thanks to the charitable Islanders. Enjoy getting Focht, and acquiring Miller. The Canucks are even going to retain out of the goodness of our hearts.
How could the Islanders say no to your ECHL 3rd liner and a pending UFA? What a wonderful deal for a GM as studious as Peter Chiarelli.

We all know Quinn is walking at the end of his deal to play with his brothers in Newark. The writing is on the wall. NJ will have Quinn, Jack, Luke, Jack (the other one), Riley, Bear And any other potential Hughes in the NHL. They’ll be the first team in NHL history to just use first names on the back of the jersey to differentiate players.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
66708840.jpg

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
How could the Islanders say no to your ECHL 3rd liner and a pending UFA? What a wonderful deal for a GM as studious as Peter Chiarelli.

We all know Quinn is walking at the end of his deal to play with his brothers in Newark. The writing is on the wall. NJ will have Quinn, Jack, Luke, Jack (the other one), Riley, Bear And any other potential Hughes in the NHL. They’ll be the first team in NHL history to just use first names on the back of the jersey to differentiate players.
Alright, you know what...

It's with a heavy heart that I realize now that we have to part with Elias Pettersson in the deal. I really didn't want to do it, but you've convinced me. Besides, I don't want Quinn to walk at the end of his deal, as he deserves a really good RHD partner.

The new deal:

Miller at 50%, Focht, Pettersson, DiPietro (goalie of the future), Poolman, Dermott, 4th and 5th

for

Dobson, Beauvillier, 3rd

Are we in agreement?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

It's with a heavy heart that I realize now that we have to part with Elias Pettersson in the deal. I really didn't want to do it, but you've convinced me. Besides, I don't want Quinn to walk at the end of his deal, as he deserves a really good RHD partner.

The new deal:

Miller at 50%, Focht, Pettersson, DiPietro (goalie of the future), Poolman, Dermott, 4th and 5th

for

Dobson, Beauvillier, 3rd

Are we in agreement?
Unless it’s the veteran Pettersson, no deal. Dermott also has to go back to Toronto and Poolman with 100% retention.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle

The new deal:

for

Dobson, Beauvillier, 3rd

Are we in agreement?
I'm going into nutty fantasy EA Sports World here, but I'd be open to possibly consider a move of Pettersson, Podkolzin, + if it meant the Canucks landing Barzal and Dobson. I probably wouldn't do it but it would definitely make me think.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I'm going into nutty fantasy EA Sports World here, but I'd be open to moving Pettersson, Podkolzin, + if it meant the Canucks landing Barzal and Dobson.
Pettersson (older one), Hughes, Podkolzin and a 1st for Barzal and Dobson.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
There is a guy named Bear Hughes? 🤔

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Pettersson (older one), Hughes, Podkolzin and a 1st for Barzal and Dobson.

Pettersson > Barzal
Hughes > Dobson
Podkolzin > Mid/late first

You have to keep adding valuable pieces from the Islanders for a deal like this to ever happen. As structured Vancouver doesn't even answer the phone.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
All aside, J.T. Miller going to the Isles isn't that bad. Isles are not a terrible team like the Yotes or the Sharks.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
no offense, but the canucks dont have a single player id trade Dobson for.

from whats being said around town he'd like to go back to the Rangers and he'd even take less to go there

I dont see why anyone would trade for him unless he signs an extension first.....

the way I look at it hes coming off a career year and Id be absolutely shocked if he comes within 20 points of what he did last year
Dobson won't be traded. He's an essential part of the Islanders.
However, another team may grab Miller before his extension, when the team and the player agree to sign to an extension once he's traded.

You're right in that Miller won't perform the 99 points he got last season.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
maybe, I dont see why they would though he's Gonna want at the very least what Kadri got. and since he actually was 15% more Productive than Kadri was on a much better team (the Av's) you gotta figure he'll ask for 9M plus.
I wouldnt want to have anything to do with that. not in salary nor term
Yes, that's why we're trying to ship him, but we should see how he plays next season, because if he regresses, he won't be able to offer 9M+, perhaps.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
if it were me I think the Canucks would be wiser using the money to Lock up Hughes Petterson an Demko long term and get whatever you can for Miller... those 3 are your core andyou dont want to lose them while worrying about miller
They're all locked up. The only problem is Bo Horvat, but he's a 2C at best.

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
Pettersson > Barzal
Hughes > Dobson
Podkolzin > Mid/late first

You have to keep adding valuable pieces from the Islanders for a deal like this to ever happen. As structured Vancouver doesn't even answer the phone.
Hughes make more points than Dobson but I prefer Dobson he's not dangerous like Hughes in his zone.
For Barzal and Pettersson : Pettersson is a shooter and Barzal a playmaker so all depend of the need of the team

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

I dont see anything

download (1).jpeg

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
if it were me I think the Canucks would be wiser using the money to Lock up Hughes Petterson an Demko long term and get whatever you can for Miller... those 3 are your core andyou dont want to lose them while worrying about miller
Hughes and Demko already have 5 years more on their deals, EP is already at 7.25milly, with a poor past season. There's really not much more to budget for between the 3. Maybe another 1-1.5 in 2 years if EP really pops off. If that happens then that means the Nucks should be looking to make some noise over the coming seasons.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad