Value of: JT Miller to Pens at top top dollar only

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Literally not one of your excuses as to why Miller should have extra value makes sense from a hockey perspective.

He could be the grandson of mother Teresa with 6 toes and Mario Lemieux' illegitimate son but on the ice he's still a middling to terrible forward whose value is between a cap dump and a late 3rd round pick.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Continue to consider JT part of our young care. Strongly leaning to create cap space and retain long term deal. However, open mind, would consider dealing IF AND ONLY IF an offer that could not be refused were presented. Pens are a fit, even tho teams don't do biz usually.

Miller was 15OA, plays as if could have been drafted higher.
Not elite speed, power, shot etc but solid in all areas, versatile F plays either W or C
Fits Pens needs like a glove, and is home grown to boot.

The fact that there is a strong draft this year and next.
Late 1sts potential for a guy like Miller is not enough.

Pens 2018 and 2019 1sts and 2nds.
Then I want something on top of that

maybe Schultz, 3 years 5.5 for Staal, 4 years 5.7 and Rangers do a moderate add.
but add does not have to be that.

Again, not looking to move Miller
deals are made all the time for different reasons, and the value is not always balanced because of those reasons

I am upfront: on this occasion, do not want fair value here, coke for pepsi

Rangers have to make a killing in order to consider deal.

Do Pens overpay and if so, what is the final deal on top of draft picks
[NY does not want vets]?

Not only is this a bad trade. You should feel bad for this bad trade. Why you ask? I'll tell you why. It's bad, it's really bad.

So we give up a boat load of picks and then swap Schultz for Staal (Staal is terrible, also I am sure Sid hates his guts for being a dirty piece of crap).

Yeah you are up front, you are not living in any reality in which this would ever happen, the moment the Rangers opened their mouths about their ask, JR would laugh, then hang up, and order his chinese take out and continue watching re-runs of Gunsmoke.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Schultz wouldn't be the player we target if we move Miller. Both teams say no to a 1-1 swap. If we trade a young player like Miller, it's about getting future pieces back, but 99.99+% of us aren't expecting 2 first +.
What's the real issue here? That he's RFA and you guys are scared his ask is basically going to sink your team's chances at actual depth again? A lot of RFA's there that will make more, maybe not a ton more, but for Miller, at least double, Skjei will have a significant raise and then guys like Hayes and Vesey decent ones at best.

Miller is going to cost you though, to your own cap that is.

Lol at OP thinking he could get 2 1st round picks let alone the other stuff.

Counter Offer:

Conor Sheary
Carl Hagelin
2nd Round Pick

For

Michael Grabner
Jesper Fast

SkitzoMe

Jan 4, 2018
I mean bernmeister's proposal was terrible, but yours is so bad that the Rangers get two guys that don't even exist. Might want to do some research

No research needed chum, just needed to spell check before posting, my bad. But seriously, any idiot could tell who I ment.
And no, this is not a trade I would do. Just wanted to make a as silly of a trade proposal as I possibly could to counter another super silly post.

SherogoesHAM

Apr 6, 2012
JT would love to come home but as a RFA, NYR are going to pay him big bucks. Won't happen for a long time.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Bern is a nut job, but sinking to this level of ridiculousness is not necessary. Number one it's flat out untrue. Miller is a nice complementary piece that a lot of teams would like if he were available. Bern asking for two firsts, two seconds and a two players, which would probably be the biggest haul of a return for a single player in recent memory is typical Bern. They must have great WiFi at the funny farm because he's posting things like this all the time.

Reactions: Rangers_23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad