Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
He deserves to stay in the NHL. He already showed he was good enough for the AHL. I watched him cllosely tonight, he was back checking. And when the puck is on his stick close to the net, his shot is just lethal. Right now, this is the best time to evaluate him with all the injuries. I rather like to have him here and to be ready for the next season than sending down. Guy is just 20. He has the potential to be a reliable top 6 imo

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
He deserves to stay in the NHL. He already showed he was good enough for the AHL. I watched him cllosely tonight, he was back checking. And when the puck is on his stick close to the net, his shot is just lethal. Right now, this is the best time to evaluate him with all the injuries. I rather like to have him here and to be ready for the next season than sending down. Guy is just 20. He has the potential to be a reliable top 6 imo
I personally don’t know what we are going to do with him when he shows he’s a 1st line player lol

Reactions: LesCanadiens

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
I personally don’t know what we are going to do with him when he shows he’s a 1st line player lol
Once Dach and Newhook are back, we'll have basically line 1A and line 1B. Love Monahan. I'm torn between keeping or trading him. But my gut tells me we trade him more because he's 29 and he probably wants to go to a current contender. And we'll likely get good value for him right now.

So top six next year:

CC (23yo)-Suzuki (24yo)-Slaf (19yo)
Newhook (22yo)-Dach (22yo)-Roy (20yo)

Looks damn nice to me. What an awesome core top six and so young.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Armia plays well lately. He's so strong along the board. I like that Roy see and learns this aspect. He seemed a lot better along the boards in this game.

If Armia always played like that i'd say this looks like a hell of a 3rd line for a competing team.

What we saw tonight is what we hoped to see from Joshua. I'm pleased with the progression. He's gonna be good... cool.
Perhaps there’s more seasoning or a trade in the works, but there is some burgeoning synergy with Money and Armia right now.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Once Dach and Newhook are back, we'll have basically line 1A and line 1B. Love Monahan. I'm torn between keeping or trading him. But my gut tells me we trade him more because he's 29 and he probably wants to go to a current contender. And we'll likely get good value for him right now.

So top six next year:

CC (23yo)-Suzuki (24yo)-Slaf (19yo)
Newhook (22yo)-Dach (22yo)-Roy (20yo)

Looks damn nice to me. What an awesome core top six and so young.
It's nice to know that those 6 could get shuffled as needed. I know Dach+Caufield is a good combo, I could also see

Newhook-Suzuki-Slaf
CC-Dach-Roy

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
He's good enough to stick in the NHL but I'd rather see him help Laval make the playoffs, he'll probably get sent back when Anderson returns since I doubt management wants him playing on the 4th line.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
It's nice to know that those 6 could get shuffled as needed. I know Dach+Caufield is a good combo, I could also see

Newhook-Suzuki-Slaf
CC-Dach-Roy
I like Roy with Suzuki since they're both slow the play down as cerebral players. Not sure if Roy could do the forechecking role that Slaf does but it would be fun to see him with Zuke and Cole.

Dach, Newhook, Slaf are more about speed, they would look good together.

Reactions: 26Mats

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Hockey IQ is the single most important attribute in a hockey player and Roy might be the player on the team with the highest one. He will be a top 6 player for a very long time.

It's why I've been saying he is the best prospect for the past year+.
I'm also really high on Roy, he's my favorite forward prospect (although our talent pool at forward is pretty weak). He'll probably adjust pretty quickly to the NHL. Monahan is a really nice fit for him right now as he's gaining in confidence.

Reactions: 26Mats

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hockey IQ is the single most important attribute in a hockey player and Roy might be the player on the team with the highest one. He will be a top 6 player for a very long time.

It's why I've been saying he is the best prospect for the past year+.

Roy showed alot of smarts with the way he played that 2 on 1.

He recognized that he had the space to drop back and enter the slot area whereas a traditional 2 on 1 would have seen him on the other side of the post more or less parallel to Monahan. That is what the Devils dman was expecting and why he looked so out to lunch, but it was Roy's intelligence and awareness that made it possible.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like Roy with Suzuki since they're both slow the play down as cerebral players. Not sure if Roy could do the forechecking role that Slaf does but it would be fun to see him with Zuke and Cole.

Dach, Newhook, Slaf are more about speed, they would look good together.

I always thought it would be:
Caufield - Suzuki - Roy
Newhook - Dach - Slaf

But Nick and Cole may need Slaf's big body.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Perhaps there’s more seasoning or a trade in the works, but there is some burgeoning synergy with Money and Armia right now.
Enticing package for a team who needs a playoff ready third line. Did wonders for Tampa in their cup years.

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
Wawa is a smooth player. The way he caught that pass yesterday and casually passed it to Monahan on the 2 on 1 was smooth as hell. It looked like there was glue on his stick.
We've compared him to Toffoli but he looks more graceful and polished, although to Toffoli's credit he reliably gets the job done.

Roy seems to have a knack of making his goals look easy but he makes it easy for himself with his gracefulness and high HIQ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad