Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
As in top end speed or quickness or both? Is his skating in general fairly decent?

He can slow the play down a la Suzuki quite effectively in the Q... and thinks the game quickly. His top speed and acceleration are both his biggest challenges. Considering everything else he brings to the table, I doubt it will hold him back enough to not play in the NHL... but if he improves his skating even marginally like Suzuki did... he may become a very effective Top 6 player.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Needs to improve his skating, move his feet more, and continue to put in the effort in the weight room this off-season and next year.

I’m not comparing pure talent but stylistically watching Montreal’s highlights of Roy, I always think I’m watching a young Kucherov. We’ll see I guess

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What is this kid's biggest weakness?

he plays a low temp game where he slows things down so it makes it look like he's lazy as he doesn't move his feet a lot but it works for him as he can get his shot off quickly and snipe corners easily. Now how that translates to the NHL will be extremely interesting to see. He's going to need to put in a lot of work on the physical tools, get stronger both upper and lower body, work on the skating, trying to be more explosive. But he's got several years to work on these things. What you do have is high end offensive skills to go with a smart offensive player, if he puts in the work, there's no telling how good he can be down the road.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
When was the last time we had such good prospects in the Q?

Roy is the leading scorer in the league and Kidney is tied for 3rd. Oh and Roy won't turn 19 till August and Kidney just turned 19 this past week. They're the two youngest players in Top 10 scoring.

I'm very excited to see how they'll do next season as they should both dominate the QMJHL as 19 year olds.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Roy is the leading scorer in the league and Kidney is tied for 3rd. Oh and Roy won't turn 19 till August and Kidney just turned 19 this past week. They're the two youngest players in Top 10 scoring.

I'm very excited to see how they'll do next season as they should both dominate the QMJHL as 19 year olds.
Ribs and Chouinard?

Reactions: FrankMTL

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012

The best part about this is to see their growth, no one could have expected this kind out output based on their performances up to now.
Roy's PPG over the last 3 seasons: 0.73 -> 1.00 -> 1.87
Kidney's PPG over the last 3 seasons: 0.56 -> 1.15 -> 1.55

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The best part about this is to see their growth, no one could have expected this kind out output based on their performances up to now.
Roy's PPG over the last 3 seasons: 0.73 -> 1.00 -> 1.87
Kidney's PPG over the last 3 seasons: 0.56 -> 1.15 -> 1.55
Hopefully we got a couple of covid-faller gems.

If Roy, Kidney, and Mailloux somehow all pan out, that's some serious covid drafting skills on the part of Timmins and his former crew.

Reactions: Doc5

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Hopefully we got a couple of covid-faller gems.

If Roy, Kidney, and Mailloux somehow all pan out, that's some serious covid drafting skills on the part of Timmins and his former crew.
Well, it would be the least they could do since how bad the drafting departement has been under Timmins.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 6, 2016

Too bad Timmins snubbed Dufour who was drafted by the Isles in a 5th round.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Good Call! So that's what, 24 years ago? Time flies....

Still remember the management had the choice of Eric Chouinard and Simon Gagne at the draft....and they chose the wrong one....
He was bigger. Back then they didn't put value in skating on the first round , always saying the guy ( Chouinard, Terry Ryan, Jason Ward etc ) will improve. Not so much. Gagne was faster and grittier. Yeah, went for the wrong one because of a flawed drafting philosophy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00