Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I imagine were gonna stop saying hes gonna get passed by Mesar and Beck on the depth chart?

Was it really a debate?

Its bound to change disregard the (impressive) performance of Roy. Maybe one of Beck and Mesar will do a Struble?

Well, it looks like Roy is doing a Struble tho right now.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Roy deserves to stay in the NHL for now. Such a smart player

Certainly does in our depleted talent thin forward group...

Not sure he's ready for full time top 6 NHL duties on a team with a strong forward group... His size/strength gap is noticeable. Another year or two to add a bit of strength & better adapt his game wouldn't hurt imo.

He's clearly smart enough to figure it out, his positioning, anticipation & puck reads are top 6 NHL quality already.

Would like to see a line of Slaf - Monahan -Roy for at least a few games this year, I feel like they would mesh quickly & complement each other very well

Reactions: LesCanadiens

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I hope they send Roy back down for the AHL playoffs.

Would like to see a line of Slaf - Monahan -Roy for at least a few games this year, I feel like they would mesh quickly & complement each other very well

Then who goes with Suzuki and Caulfield?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The thing that’s hard in MTL regarding pressure and expectations is this; fans like their « Warrior types », balls to the wall players. Whether that type has talent (Saku) or not (Begin), fans loves those styles but hate the players that aren’t high energy (Ryder, Ribs types).

I don't know whether you are just carefully choosing your words and avoiding stating the obvious, but the issue fans had with Michael Ryder and Mike Ribeiro had nothing too with their "low energy."

The issue with both of those players was that they were completely one dimensional hockey players.

If the puck wasn't on their stick, they were completely useless. They brought no defensive play at all, of any kind and their physical game was non-existent.

When you see guys that skate harder and play harder when the team is on offence but they coast and do fly-bys on defense, that's going to rub the crowd the wrong way and both of those players - particularly Ribeiro - were shameless in that regard. Ribiero could lift a stick and steal a puck in the offensive zone if it meant he would then have a scoring chance. But move him 200 feet down the ice to his own zone and there's no effort at all to get into pass lanes, tie guys up and win battles. He would just float around and wait til his team got possession.

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Toffoli 2.0 for sure. (Like I and some people said in this forum said for a long time).

That's a great player to add on this team, he is going to have a great NHL career. His too smart, too talented to don't succeed.

I really like his game, he get 2 really beauty 2 points.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Honestly, he’s not hurting us anyway. Rebuilding club, fills a spot, plays with heart… I think he’ll have another year with us and that’s fine based on where we are.
Definitely. He even plays semi decent at times. That contract is terrible, but the timing would be worse if we were actively trying to compete.

We need vets and he always gives 100% effort.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Was it really a debate?

Its bound to change disregard the (impressive) performance of Roy. Maybe one of Beck and Mesar will do a Struble?

Well, it looks like Roy is doing a Struble tho right now.
Youre not serious, right? You spent the last 3-4 months saying that Beck and Mesar would jump him in the depth chart because he was taking too much time.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Good thing not to be noticed in such a disastrous game. He was with RHP, Monahan and Armia among players not in the minuses in this game, he played 11:43 min., only Pezzetta played less than him, and he made the best offensive play of the game for Montréal, so yeah, great that he went unnoticed.

Didn't even notice him tonight. Needs more baking in the AHL.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Good thing not to be noticed in such a disastrous game. He was with RHP, Monahan and Armia among players not in the minuses in this game, he played 11:43 min., only Pezzetta played less than him, and he made the best offensive play of the game for Montréal, so yeah, great that he went unnoticed.
You are talking about a completely different game than me but pop off king

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Youre not serious, right? You spent the last 3-4 months saying that Beck and Mesar would jump him in the depth chart because he was taking too much time.

I would not exactly put it this way but yeah, i was extremely serious!

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
He didn't get much ice time in the third but these were two extremely hard match ups for him.

The things I did notice were the small details that add up to him becoming a very solid pro.
He already shows more aptitude than the majority of our forwards with his puck management.
He doesn't give the puck away cheaply and can generally connect the dots with his play.
He will only get better with his board play as he gets used to the faster pace.
Sure he can use more time on the farm but there was nothing to dislike about his efforts here.
This. Thanks for a PROPER Scouting report. I can’t stand people discounting the kid becaus he didn’t burn up his few games He has points, but most importantly didn’t look overwhelmed. Some ´fans’ need to remember what proper development looks like

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
This. Thanks for a PROPER Scouting report. I can’t stand people discounting the kid becaus he didn’t burn up his few games He has points, but most importantly didn’t look overwhelmed. Some ´fans’ need to remember what proper development looks like
How can you REMEMBER what you have zero clue about in the first place?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Lol, you were. Eat the crow, this is ridiculous.

I eat them with great pleasure. I am indeed surprised by his puck protection and i thought his skating would be worst، he is not explosive but he has more than sufficient speed and quickness and also he is stronger than i thought

Statiscally speaking, the vast majority of NHL top-six forward are NHL regular in their D+3. If Roy ends up with 40 NHL games versus 30 AHL games at the end of the season, i would argue he fits strongly in the promising statistical group.

I argued that he needed a strong year (he did in the AHL) and to continue his uptrend.

Admitedly, i have been arrogant and too quick to call him on the Scherbak-Hudon boulevard.

The crows are good man, and just a tip when you will eat yours on Slaf, fry them!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad