Recalled/Assigned: Joshua Roy Called up to Montréal

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And I wonder if Roy - Newhook - Ylonen would be better than Roy - Newhook - Anderson, though I'll be happy if Anderson gets his production up enough to be traded.

Anything is better than Anderson but as much of a fan I've been of Ylonen, kid needs to do something and he's been less remarkable this year than last year.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Anything is better than Anderson but as much of a fan I've been of Ylonen, kid needs to do something and he's been less remarkable this year than last year.
I like the idea of Ylonen on that line. Put Anderson and Gallagher together on an energy line.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Y
Not comparing them as players, but I get a lot of Suzuki vibes with him in that he's a very smart player, has a lot of tools and is willing to work on weaknesses to continue to become a better and more complete player.

Since being drafted he's improved his skating, play without the puck and has improved his conditioning. It is hard to put a ceiling on him given he not only has the talent, but he's shown a willingness to continue to get better.
I think he might have better tools than Suzuki at the same age but he might not have a better toolbox. I’m not 100% on that though.

He could be a solid 2nd liner but he also could be a star. He has the pedigree to be one.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I saw him a bunch in Sherbrooke, it's fun to watch succeed where he's at now

Would be an amazing wigner with Dach and Zegras on the second line :cool:

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Yeah it's too bad. Ylonen is losing his grip on an NHL roster spot. He has not been able to rise to the challenge when given a slightly bigger role. He's not done, but time will catch up to him if he can't break through soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad