Recalled/Assigned: Joshua Roy Called up to Montréal

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So, second line of Newhook Slaf and… Anderson or whoever? And Roy joins the top line. I’d like that.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Why would they do that? Slaf doesn't connect with those guys we already know. He doesn't deserve any kind of demotion, he has been one of if not the best player on this team for 2 + months.
It’s not a demotion. We moved him down with Monahan and he was great. He’s good enough now that he can help carry a line. Newhook could center with him and it’s be a half decent second line.

Reactions: Milhouse40

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Strange call up. I have been behind Roy since his draft year. I wanted the Habs to take him with one of their two second round picks that year, but as I do with Lane Hutson, I don't just look at his offensive stats. I don't like his defensive game this year, especially his passivity without the puck. He needs to become a more complete player that is more dynamic on the ice. That's one thing to be a cerebral player like he is, but to be effective in the NHL he needs to improve his involvement in the game.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What the f*** are they doing with this kid? Either let him stay down and develop or play him consistently if he's up.

He was playing well in the NHL when they sent him down - so it's likely an acknowledgement of that fact to recall him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad