Recalled/Assigned: Joshua Roy Called up to Montréal

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Roy and Newhook are developing some nice chemistry.

The main thing holding Roy back right now is his strength. That will come with time.

Would be crazy if someday we fit them under the cap as opposite each other on the 3rd line, and the 2nd line had our 2024 1st and Zegras on the wings.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Roy masterclass

1000001538.jpg

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It’s speaks to how many good players we have coming up that this guy is sometimes lost in the shuffle. He’s a great young prospect and he’ll be in our top six for a long time.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It’s speaks to how many good players we have coming up that this guy is sometimes lost in the shuffle. He’s a great young prospect and he’ll be in our top six for a long time.

I think we have Newhook, our 2024 1st, and whatever trades Hughes may pull off with our surplus of picks and D prospects, that may give Roy a run for his money for the last 2 top 6 spots after cc, suzy, slaf, and dach. But yes it would be show high young forward depth if either or both of Newhook and Roy were seen as probably lower on the depth chart than being in the top 6.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think we have Newhook, our 2024 1st, and whatever trades Hughes may pull off with our surplus of picks and D prospects, that may give Roy a run for his money for the last 2 top 6 spots after cc, suzy, slaf, and dach. But yes it would be show high young forward depth if either or both of Newhook and Roy were seen as probably lower on the depth chart than being in the top 6.
I think Roy will be higher on the pecking order than Newhook. Newhook I think can be an effective second liner but he’s borederline. I could see him winding up with Beck in the third in the future. We’ll probably draft another top six guy this year and Newhook will be int he top six for the time being.

Reactions: Redux91 and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think Roy will be higher on the pecking order than Newhook. Newhook I think can be an effective second liner but he’s borederline. I could see him winding up with Beck in the third in the future. We’ll probably draft another top six guy this year and Newhook will be int he top six for the time being.
Yes I see it like this. But Newhook still has room to develop, so it all depends on their still undetermined developmental paths.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
We'll be a 'really good team' when we'll have enough talent in the top 6 that can push a good player like Newhook to the 3rd line where he could still score 20+ for us
THATS when we'll be rolling

If Roy is one of those top6 guys then great, if not, we're still just missing 1-2 and both could possibly be had as soon as this summer

Reactions: Habs13 and 26Mats

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We'll be a 'really good team' when we'll have enough talent in the top 6 that can push a good player like Newhook to the 3rd line where he could still score 20+ for us
THATS when we'll be rolling

If Roy is one of those top6 guys then great, if not, we're still just missing 1-2 and both could possibly be had as soon as this summer
Honestly, that could happen as early as next year.

If we landed a strong top six guy who could play right away, you’ve got CC, Slaf, Dach, Nick and Roy plus the new player. That would bump Newhook to the third if the new guy could play right away.

I know it won’t happen but I’d be thrilled if we got Cellebrini. That’d be incredible for us. With that I’d think we’d have a cup in our future.

Reactions: Redux91

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Not comparing them as players, but I get a lot of Suzuki vibes with him in that he's a very smart player, has a lot of tools and is willing to work on weaknesses to continue to become a better and more complete player.

Since being drafted he's improved his skating, play without the puck and has improved his conditioning. It is hard to put a ceiling on him given he not only has the talent, but he's shown a willingness to continue to get better.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Was saying last year that he reminds me of Kucherov in the sense he’s smart and the puck seems to be glued to his stick

I think the sky is the limit for this guy given how he has progressed, plus as a local kid, I think he knows how cool this could be if he breaks out with all the other young guys

Thank You Based Timmins 🙏

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad