Recalled/Assigned: Josh Ho-Sang assigned to Bridgeport *Sent Down to BST 12/15*

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
[QUOTE="periferal, post: 140436229,

“[The fans] can be upset he’s not here,” Weight told Newsday on Saturday morning. “They see his skill, they look at analytics. I understand that. But why did Tanner Fritz get an opportunity? Why did Steve Bernier come up right away? That is how you build your whole organization, with accountability. And there has to be accountability.
“Whether our view of the world is wrong is something we can argue later. But the fact is, we need to be able to look at how some guys are laying it on the line [in Bridgeport] and he’s a healthy scratch. So to go from that to the first lineup here, where is he learning from that? That’s a big, big part of this.”

https://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/arthur-staple/josh-ho-sang-islanders-1.16274334

there is no question the powers that be are on a power trip if it is about Ho-Sang, looking at Weight's comments
And Josh should be upset with himself.
no he should be upset at you and the people who are keeping him in Bridgeport and rightfully so, it is an injustice that he is getting buried there, I am guessing he is going to eventually get traded and like Nino it is a trade the Islanders are going to regret, but the pieces of garbage like Weight, Snow, Thompson and who ever are not going to give a crap because they are either going to be long gone for the organization or not be actually held accountable for screwing it up.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Some amazing quotes from Weight on Ho-Sang below. Clearly Ho-Sang has done some things that wouldn't necessarily be reported by any media outlet (and especially since only one paper covers the Isles), and the Isles refuse to put up with that.

“[The fans] can be upset he’s not here,” Weight told Newsday on Saturday morning. “They see his skill, they look at analytics. I understand that. But why did Tanner Fritz get an opportunity? Why did Steve Bernier come up right away? That is how you build your whole organization, with accountability. And there has to be accountability. There has to.

“It’s a crying shame he’s not playing with John Tavares when Bails goes down,” Weight said. “We had six guys out. It was a perfect opportunity. And Josh should be upset with himself."

“Whether our view of the world is wrong is something we can argue later. But the fact is, we need to be able to look at how some guys are laying it on the line [in Bridgeport] and he’s a healthy scratch. So to go from that to the first lineup here, where is he learning from that? That’s a big, big part of this.”

https://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/arthur-staple/josh-ho-sang-islanders-1.16274334

Funny, if my team gave up 4 or more goals in 13 of the last 15 games (or whatever the f*** it was), I would seriously start to question my “view of the world”, or at least be held accountable by my superior to question my “view of the world”.

God, this guy is so full of himself and this organization is a bunch of drinking buddies.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
JHS is the only player to be held accountable for anything the past 5-6 years.

Something is fishy. Maybe the locker room hates him that would be a more reasonable explanation

Reactions: MJF

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
No one in the organization was upset with Ho Sang last year... when he was playing a creative but somewhat sensible risk/reward game.

This year he has had many more unforced turnovers. If Ho Sang played the way he did last year he would be on the team.

Moreover, if fans want to criticize Ho Sang’s development SOLELY on Weight and the organization does that mean they are required to praise them for turning Barzal into a potential super star?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
No one in the organization was upset with Ho Sang last year... when he was playing a creative but somewhat sensible risk/reward game.

This year he has had many more unforced turnovers. If Ho Sang played the way he did last year he would be on the team.

Moreover, if fans want to criticize Ho Sang’s development SOLELY on Weight and the organization does that mean they are required to praise them for turning Barzal into a potential super star?
Fortunately Barzal came straight from juniors skipping over Bridgeport.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
What is more interesting, is that in one interview Thompson says JHS is working hard, while Weight's comment sounds like he is not working hard.
This is exactly what amused me too. It makes me believe there is something else there we are not aware of.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011

Something is fishy. Maybe the locker room hates him that would be a more reasonable explanation

I agree. Nelson, Chimera, Cizikas, Clutterbuck, Mayfield, Seidenberg, Hickey, Ladd and even Leddy have had periods this year of some pretty awful play and only 2 of these guys have been scratched. Very concerning. I honestly dont like this coaching staff at all or the way the team is ran. If they miss playoffs they absolutely must clean house.

Reactions: MJF

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
there is no question the powers that be are on a power trip if it is about Ho-Sang, looking at Weight's comments no he should be upset at you and the people who are keeping him in Bridgeport and rightfully so, it is an injustice that he is getting buried there, I am guessing he is going to eventually get traded and like Nino it is a trade the Islanders are going to regret, but the pieces of garbage like Weight, Snow, Thompson and who ever are not going to give a crap because they are either going to be long gone for the organization or not be actually held accountable for screwing it up.

The kid is 20years old. He is not getting buried. He is not even close to getting buried.

Reactions: periferal

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I think the only thing preventing Ho-Sang from requesting a trade he is aware of his "reputation" and he is afraid of adding to it, regardless he is justified in requesting a trade

And he is 20years old and yes, his infamous reputation would suffer even more. Everyone relax. I trust the organization on this one like I trusted them sending Barzal down to the juniors last year.

Reactions: MattBarzal

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
And he is 20years old and yes, his infamous reputation would suffer even more. Everyone relax. I trust the organization on this one like I trusted them sending Barzal down to the juniors last year.
Ho-Sang is 22 years old today. Born January 22 like Mike Bossy!

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I hope everyone figures out soon that he will NOT help the current team win games and he should STAY in Bridgeport. If we were great on the D and having scoring problems I would agree he would be the guy to call up, HOWEVER, that's not the case.

Reactions: periferal

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
If the Isles can find a quality 3C, who will be defensively responsible and win draws, I can see a third line of that center, Ladd and JHS playing very well together.

But if it is a line of Chimera/Prince at LW, Nelson/Quine at C and JHS, wow, that could be a disaster.

Ladd is hurt and the Isles need to find a good 3C. Let JHS work on his game at Bridgeport, get Ladd healthy and find a quality center. Then put it all together.

But for now, it might be better to play it safe with grinders like Fritz, Johnston, etc. filling out the bottom six.

Reactions: dood

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
If the Isles can find a quality 3C, who will be defensively responsible and win draws, I can see a third line of that center, Ladd and JHS playing very well together.

But if it is a line of Chimera/Prince at LW, Nelson/Quine at C and JHS, wow, that could be a disaster.

Ladd is hurt and the Isles need to find a good 3C. Let JHS work on his game at Bridgeport, get Ladd healthy and find a quality center. Then put it all together.

But for now, it might be better to play it safe with grinders like Fritz, Johnston, etc. filling out the bottom six.

I don't know about now but during the off-season, once we are certain of JT and the Islanders future, I would make a strong push for Andreas Athanasiou , not the best faceoff guy, but tremendous upside offensively. Ideally i'd like to see this next year ...

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Ladd-Athanasiou-Ho-Sang
Johnston-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

That is a very strong forward group. 3 scoring lines and rebirth of an "energy" line. Also a very fast group. I really hope Ho-Sang gets the opportunity at forward in the Isles Organization. It would be a shame for the current situation to linger on and eventually lead to a trade, that hopefully would not be reminiscent of the Nino deal where we ship out young talent for a bottom-6 grinder.

Weight mentioned it being a shame that JHS did not take Bailey's spot when he was hurt, so in the event we resigned JT but not Bailey for some reason AND JHS got his act together, it seems they believe he is worthy of riding shotgun to JT, as least in terms of skillset (obviously not maturity)

Sure he can still learn some in the AHL, however I think the relationship is already rocky and the longer he is kept in the minors, the higher the likelihood he is dealt, I also think if we wanted to trade him, it would be best do to so when he is in an NHL uniform producing due to recency bias.

An "attitude problem" in the AHL being traded will only yield you so much. However if they give him an extended look in the NHL and Powerplay time, he has the skill to go on a tear and the Isles could sell high on him.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
there is no question the powers that be are on a power trip if it is about Ho-Sang, looking at Weight's comments no he should be upset at you and the people who are keeping him in Bridgeport and rightfully so, it is an injustice that he is getting buried there, I am guessing he is going to eventually get traded and like Nino it is a trade the Islanders are going to regret, but the pieces of garbage like Weight, Snow, Thompson and who ever are not going to give a crap because they are either going to be long gone for the organization or not be actually held accountable for screwing it up.

Ho-Sang should be upset with me and any fans for him being in the AHL? That's a good one.

The 2017-2018 New York Islanders - The one team that ensures the fans are accountable.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

You're right. Last year Halak was sent to the minors not because he was being held accountable for poor play, but because of a scientific experiment to see if a 12-year veteran would like riding buses between games.

Oh and Beauvillier was just sent down two weeks ago because his NHL game was perfect and the coaches only want players they have a chance of improving.

And Scott Mayfield...
And Steve Bernier...
And Adam Pelech...
And Alan Quine...
And Ryan Strome...

...All of them sent to the minors the last few years for various reasons other than accountability for their play.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I hope everyone figures out soon that he will NOT help the current team win games and he should STAY in Bridgeport. If we were great on the D and having scoring problems I would agree he would be the guy to call up, HOWEVER, that's not the case.

It's been said time and time again, there is no help coming for the defense and the current strategy of throwing everything at the wall and hoping it sticks isn't working. It's much better to dress a line up that can out score their issues for right now. Weight isn't changing the system, so that's the only solution.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
You're right. Last year Halak was sent to the minors not because he was being held accountable for poor play, but because of a scientific experiment to see if a 12-year veteran would like riding buses between games.

Oh and Beauvillier was just sent down two weeks ago because his NHL game was perfect and the coaches only want players they have a chance of improving.

And Scott Mayfield...
And Steve Bernier...
And Adam Pelech...
And Alan Quine...
And Ryan Strome...

...All of them sent to the minors the last few years for various reasons other than accountability for their play.

AND if you were to take the best attributes/skills of each player on that list and combine them all to create another player, that player would still be a fraction of Ho-Sang in terms of skillset.

Bernier is a bonafide journeymen, no if's and's or buts.
Quine is a journeymen in progress.
Mayfield is a #7.
Strome is Strome.

Pelech is the only guy I see on that list who has shown he has the potential to have a long effective NHL career. Oh wait, Snow just signed Mayfield to a 5-year deal.

Right now, you gotta put Ho-Sang out there and have Weight sit him aside with a 1 on 1 and tell him listen your a skilled and crafty player, but were not going to put up with your bullshit, were giving you an opportunity to prove to us you are ready to stay in the NHL, dont f*** this up kid.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017

And Scott Mayfield...
And Steve Bernier...
And Adam Pelech...
And Alan Quine...
And Ryan Strome...

Halak was sent down because Snow is an ego maniac. Even after he was sent down, Halak was 10-0 in the AHL (or something like that) and Snow left him in the AHL for another 20 games.

From your list Mayfield, Bernier, Quine and Pelech all played in the AHL due to a combination of depth and Capuano playing Strait nightly(poor planing on Snow to never work a rookie into the lineup so instead he works 3 into the lineup the same year)

Strome and Beau were the only ones sent down truly due to poor play.

In Snows decade there is been almost zero accountability from coaching to the players down to the towel boy

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I'd rather have JHS than Quine or Chimera on this team. they are both black holes to our offense and aren't exactly defensive stalwarts.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Let me get this straight. JHS is being buried in the AHL. He's way too offensively talented to be there. And he's averaging well below a point per game in the minors. Okey dokey.

How about he goes on a tear and gets about 1.5 points per game for a stretch and forces them to call him up? That's basically what Weight was saying in that article....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad