Player Discussion: Josh Bailey II

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I've been trying to say...lets sign him and trade him while his stock is high...or at the TDL

BUT

If Bails does an Okposo and demands too much, Snow will let him walk.

Reactions: dood

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
We dont need prospect and picks. We need Bailey.

You're missing the point. If we can get an asset back for Josh Bailey, there's a chance they could eventually be as good as Josh Bailey!

I'll never get the people who want to continually cash in the roster. Would folks have rather have a tweener prospect right now for Mark Streit than the 2013 playoff run? Or ditto, not winning that round against the Panthers and getting futures back for Okposo or Nielsen? If your outlook is all or nothing, cup contender or bust—how can you have survived as an Isles fan?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You're missing the point. If we can get an asset back for Josh Bailey, there's a chance they could eventually be as good as Josh Bailey!

I'll never get the people who want to continually cash in the roster. Would folks have rather have a tweener prospect right now for Mark Streit than the 2013 playoff run? Or ditto, not winning that round against the Panthers and getting futures back for Okposo or Nielsen? If your outlook is all or nothing, cup contender or bust—how can you have survived as an Isles fan?

If we're playing the hindsight game, it changes everything.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
I find it so strange that even when he is leading the team in points and flourishing, fans are still bashing him relentlessly. It is borderline creepy on Twitter. There is an army of people just constantly ripping him even immediately following games where he is blatantly contributing and making a difference. Very polarizing figure and I can't understand why it is.

Examples:
"Well I guess 7 goals in your last 55 games (a whopping 10.5 goals per year) playing on line 1/pp1 is elite when you play with one of the best players in the world...elitely bad." ()

"If bailey was that important, he could do ehat he’s “doing” for jt and lee w nelson and ho sang." ()

"Can’t really trade Bailey now but this is the reason Bailey should have been moved in the offseason, especially after Eberle was obtained. I don’t have a clue what Garth will do. Should have packaged Hickey, Bailey, pick & prospect for something."
()

I DON'T GET IT!

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I find it so strange that even when he is leading the team in points and flourishing, fans are still bashing him relentlessly. It is borderline creepy on Twitter. There is an army of people just constantly ripping him even immediately following games where he is blatantly contributing and making a difference. Very polarizing figure and I can't understand why it is.

Examples:
"Well I guess 7 goals in your last 55 games (a whopping 10.5 goals per year) playing on line 1/pp1 is elite when you play with one of the best players in the world...elitely bad." ()

"If bailey was that important, he could do ehat he’s “doing” for jt and lee w nelson and ho sang." ()

"Can’t really trade Bailey now but this is the reason Bailey should have been moved in the offseason, especially after Eberle was obtained. I don’t have a clue what Garth will do. Should have packaged Hickey, Bailey, pick & prospect for something."
()

I DON'T GET IT!

Twitter is a cesspool. I actually saw a Twitter poll yesterday where people were actually voting that Home Alone is not a Christmas movie...

People love to stir the pot and IslesTwitter is no exception. Dopes.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
I think Bailey was a late bloomer. His play has improved overall, even without the puck. He would be a solid 2nd liner without JT but no way does he get moved in the near future.

He's a calming presence and doesn't do the risky things that Okposo did trying to create offense.

He's not going anywhere and i also don't see him doing what Kyle did money wise.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
By the time we get to April he will have passed Smith,Brent Sutter ,
and Flatts to move into 7th in career games played .
1-Trotts
2-Potvin
3-Nystrom
4-Gillies
5-Bourne
6-Bossy

If he signs a 5 or 6 or 7 year extention you do NOT want to know where he will be at the end .
Don't check , you will be sad .

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
By the time we get to April he will have passed Smith,Brent Sutter ,
and Flatts to move into 7th in career games played .
1-Trotts
2-Potvin
3-Nystrom
4-Gillies
5-Bourne
6-Bossy

If he signs a 5 or 6 or 7 year extention you do NOT want to know where he will be at the end .
Don't check , you will be sad .

Can't be worse than the fact Capuano will be second in all our coaching stats for all eternity.

Reactions: periferal

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If I'm Snow, assuming we re-sign JT here is what I say to Bailey during contract negotiations about the prospects of leaving a good situation:

Kyle OkposoRWBuf233811-12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Matt MoulsonRWBuf13000-8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Frans NielsenCDet256410-2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

+PA Parenteau, Brad Boyes, etc..

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Can Atkinson just signed for 7/5.75 Aav.

Looking more like 5.5-6 aav

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I'm waiting for someone to put a thread on the main board about how Josh Bailey has finally arrived.

<that will be his un-doing as everyone knows)

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

Examples:

()

I DON'T GET IT!

This is partly Twitter but there's definitely an element of Isles fans that I think expects every player to be Clark Gillies or something. They're the types who are really mad that we got rid of Martin even though paying a guy who puts in about 5 goals a year 2.5 mil per year is a terrible idea. They'd rather have Martin instead of Bailey because he hits and fights. I never saw Gillies play so I don't have the same fond memories of those years and don't really care if a player doesn't throw down once in awhile.

I think it's partly what drives some of the hate towards Nelson and Hickey but that's a different story.

Also, about the "Hickey and Bailey and a prospect" thing: lol.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
And for the record -- my co-worker to me, this morning --

"So you getting a #12 jersey for Christmas?"

:)

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
I've been trying to say...lets sign him and trade him while his stock is high...or at the TDL

BUT

If Bails does an Okposo and demands too much, Snow will let him walk.

Right. Let's trade one of our best players, one of JT's best friends on the team, right when we are in the mix for top spot in the Metro.

I want to sign Bailey to a long term cap friendly deal.

Reactions: SDIsles34

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Right. Let's trade one of our best players, one of JT's best friends on the team, right when we are in the mix for top spot in the Metro.

Thank you. Shouldn't Islanders fans be sick of accumulating draft picks at this point? I'd much rather give ourselves the best chance to get to the SCF versus weaken our roster for the sake of a 2nd rounder in 2018.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I went to the game against Philadelphia on the eve of Thanksgiving with a bunch of family members. I'm pretty sure Bailey had a three point night, with the game winning goal in overtime. One of my cousins was criticizing Bailey after the game simply because he doesn't score much. The moment I hear those types of comments is the moment I know these people are clueless.

How many members of our board have been saying we need more depth in order to boost our record and Tavares' numbers? The moment Eberle was dropped to the second line our top two lines started producing like crazy. The idiots of twitter want to stack the top line still because they are so singularly focused and don't understand the game beyond the very basics. Bailey has always been good defensively and a good puck distributor. He makes the right reads and routes that impact plays in a positive way, but as someone else mentioned, if you only know how to watch the puck you'll miss a lot of those things. If all you care about is goals, you don't have a clue. If you think hits are more valuable than the right reads and routes, you don't have a clue either.

Bailey is and has always been very similar, but Lee, Tavares, and himself have really good chemistry which has resulted in better than normal numbers for Bailey. He's always been a guy that wants to make a play and move the puck to someone else. That fits perfectly with Tavares and Lee.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011

Yes, this is the exact response I got when I said the same thing about Moulson.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Yes, this is the exact response I got when I said the same thing about Moulson.
Bailey and Moulson are completely different players. Bailey is a much more well rounded player than Moulson. Moulson has proven to be pretty useless without Tavares, I don’t think the same could be said for Bailey.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I have not been a supporter, but this year's version is different. Quicker decisions, shots on goal(!), physicality(paying attention, Brock?), and more. Now if he could manage the blue lines better, he would be on my All Star Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad