Rumor: Josh Anderson to Oilers

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He’s a solid top 6 winger who shows up when it counts and impacts the game even when he’s not scoring. He brings energy and grit. He’s on a fair contract. That’s all facts. If you don’t like that, to each his own, but most Habs fans know what he is. It’s fans of other teams that want to disparage him and act like he’s something he isn’t.
Hahaha fair contract. Sure. His scoring disappears all the time. Saying something is a fact does not make it so. And Bubba I have been a habs fan for a long time was even at all but 2 games at the old forum in 93. Might be in Ottawa now but born and raised in Montreal. Anderson is overrated and is not worth having a 7 year contact on.

Reactions: McSuper

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It's more subtle. Most Habs fans want to receive something of value for him, and most Edmonton fans seem to see him as marginally useful and not worth giving up anything of interest.

ie, Edmonton fans might offer Foegele and a 3d rounder, Habs fans want at least one high-value asset.
Not true but when you have when you have 7M with 5 players left to sign you can not spend 5.5 on one player unless cap is going back . On top of it Anderson injuries are a concern and he signed for 5 more years . That contract won't age well . If Edmonton had a contract that ran for 5 years at 3.5M it would be a no brainer but you get Montreal fans not wanting to take any cap back . It just doesn't work in a cap era .

We can not afford the asking prices from Montreal . All this thread has become a basing thread . Don't want Anderson as we view him as overpaid it turns into base Nurse because he overpaid . I am guilty myself as it gets frustrating when fans bash the Oilers yet turn a blind eye to obvious concern over Anderson age and injuries .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
He’s a solid top 6 winger who shows up when it counts and impacts the game even when he’s not scoring. He brings energy and grit. He’s on a fair contract. That’s all facts. If you don’t like that, to each his own, but most Habs fans know what he is. It’s fans of other teams that want to disparage him and act like he’s something he isn’t.
And how many games on average does he miss each year . He not helping when he is in the press box .

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
And how many games on average does he miss each year . He not helping when he is in the press box .
Some of them use prorated stats so to them he doesnt miss a beat when injured.
0.44 ppg but do not expect x 82, more like 70g so 30 pts.
But he skates fast.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Some of them use prorated stats so to them he doesnt miss a beat when injured.
0.44 ppg but do not expect x 82, more like 70g so 30 pts.
But he skates fast.
Why is this continuing? Habs are not trading Josh Anderson. Edmonton media's mancrush on Josh needs to end.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Not true but when you have when you have 7M with 5 players left to sign you can not spend 5.5 on one player unless cap is going back . On top of it Anderson injuries are a concern and he signed for 5 more years . That contract won't age well . If Edmonton had a contract that ran for 5 years at 3.5M it would be a no brainer but you get Montreal fans not wanting to take any cap back . It just doesn't work in a cap era .

We can not afford the asking prices from Montreal . All this thread has become a basing thread . Don't want Anderson as we view him as overpaid it turns into base Nurse because he overpaid . I am guilty myself as it gets frustrating when fans bash the Oilers yet turn a blind eye to obvious concern over Anderson age and injuries .
I disagree on the contract not aging well. Keep in mind, he didn't sign it as a UFA, so he's going to be all of 32 when it expires, and the cap isn't going to be flat for much longer.

As to Edmonton not affording the asking price - fair enough. But that's no reason for the way some people choose to bash the player rather than claim it isn't a good fit. (Some) Detroit fans made the case that Petry makes no sense to Detroit since their top 2 RD are set, and it's a good point, and it makes arguing about trade value moot. If Edmonton can't fit Anderson under the cap or needs to keep trade chips to improve elsewhere, fair enough, but that says nothing about Anderson himself.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I just don’t see Amderson Havig the value most Habs fans are saying he has. To me , it would take a sizeable asset for my team to consider it. Production and cap hit are atrocious . Length of contract is far too lomg as well. As much as I love the way Anderson plays the game , no way it’s worth over 5 mil.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I just don’t see Amderson Havig the value most Habs fans are saying he has. To me , it would take a sizeable asset for my team to consider it. Production and cap hit are atrocious . Length of contract is far too lomg as well. As much as I love the way Anderson plays the game , no way it’s worth over 5 mil.
To be fair it’s also hockey insiders who are saying he has significant value. He’s certainly not a negative asset like you suggest

Reactions: pth2

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The claim of significant value comes from hockey insiders and is being echo'd by Habs fans. Agree or disagree, its what the insiders are saying. Hughes phone is off the hook in queries of Josh Anderson's availability.

Reactions: HabsAddict and pth2

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The claim of significant value comes from hockey insiders and is being echo'd by Habs fans. Agree or disagree, its what the insiders are saying. Hughes phone is off the hook in queries of Josh Anderson's availability.
I think he is a good player and is much needed on a lot of teams but his contracr just seems so crappy.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think he is a good player and is much needed on a lot of teams but his contracr just seems so crappy.
Fair point but doesn't change the apparent demand from GMs. When the Habs traded for him he was coming off his worst season of his career and still got good value (at the time).

If there is a team that needs Josh Anderson, its the Habs with its smaller wingers.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
How is his contract crappy ? It's similar in AAV to comparable (in some ways) guys like Gallagher and Tom Wilson, covers his prime and ends when he's 32. Montreal took a risk signing him to a long-term deal when his shoulder issues could still have popped up, but he's shown he can play regularly.

With a rising cap in a year or two, his reasonable AAV is going to be a massive plus in a year or two.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Comparing Nurse to McDavid or Pasta just doesn't make sense?
Like, nobody is arguing that McDavid doesn't deserves his salary. The same with Pasta.
That comment doesn't crush anything, it's moronic as hell lol

And on the Habs, I take Petry, hands down, before Nurse, and arguably Romanov too. And Petry is overpaid at 6,5M. No other team would take Nurse at 9.5M.
You're stuck with that boat anchor.

Point clearly went right over you here, but sure.

I think most sane people are more than happy to have a $1-1.5M overpaid Nurse on our roster.

SeiderHouseRulez

May 16, 2022
Calling about availability does not equal great value. If I call an ask the price of something that doesn't increase the price is just means I'm out looking for deals. You could have every other gm in the league call and ask the price that sure as hell isn't going to make this guy worth a top 10 pick.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Calling about availability does not equal great value. If I call an ask the price of something that doesn't increase the price is just means I'm out looking for deals. You could have every other gm in the league call and ask the price that sure as hell isn't going to make this guy worth a top 10 pick.
The reports are saying that Montreal has turned down significant offers and thst it would take something really substantial for them to move him. I’m not saying that translates to a top 10 pick. But it’s certainly more than the cap dumps being offered here.

Homesick

Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Unless the Oilers are shipping out one of Puljujarvi or Yamamoto I don't see why the Oilers would even be sniffing around J.Anderson. No cap space and need a goalie as well

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Unless the Oilers are shipping out one of Puljujarvi or Yamamoto I don't see why the Oilers would even be sniffing around J.Anderson. No cap space and need a goalie as well
Yeah, let them ship out Puljujarvi and/or Yamamoto to some other team. I doubt any of these players are of interest to the Habs. By the same token, Anderson can be flipped elsewhere, there are more than enough suitors.

There is no need for endless sniping where no match can be had.

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Maybe, Holland is going to rely on Stuart Skinner to become the netminder for the team along with Smith.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Yeah, let them ship out Puljujarvi and/or Yamamoto to some other team. I doubt any of these players are of interest to the Habs. By the same token, Anderson can be flipped elsewhere, there are more than enough suitors.

There is no need for endless sniping where no match can be had.
id love to see a Yamamoto Suzuki line, just for the wordplay in french (he has my suzuki motorcycle)

A first plus more. Point is you guys are terrible at judging trade values. It's every time. Said we couldn't a 4th for Kulak. Lekhonen was only worth a 2nd. You do it every player
haha after every trade, i feel like going in each thread and pointing out how unreasonable each person that said those things was... Then i realize im being petty and that even if i said those things, the answers i would get would be "The guy wasnt worth a first (even though he got one)" kind of comments.

Reactions: GravelTheOne

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
A first plus more. Point is you guys are terrible at judging trade values. It's every time. Said we couldn't a 4th for Kulak. Lekhonen was only worth a 2nd. You do it every player
People disagree on values Every day.
but its not a specific Habs players thing.
There are more Habs players trade threads than all other franchises combined.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just for shits and giggles, what would it cost the Oilers for Anderson and Price with 50% retention?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad