Rumor: Josh Anderson to Oilers

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
It seems Bob Stauffer was discussing Anderson to Oilers after chatting with Friedman who confirmed interest from teams at tdl.

Habs looking for prospects/ draft picks and can take similar salary back to balance things. No rush from the Habs. He is good, easy to manage, still a beast and fast for his size. Price needs to be good.

What Oilers have to offer?

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I will never understand the appeal/hype with regard to Josh Anderson

If Oilers are prepared to bail out Habs from that contract the Habs should jump at chance
Have to assume Kassian would be going the other way... but Anderson is a very good player. Some years he will be overpaid, other years he won't be.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Ken Holland is the worst general manager in hockey and it doesn't surprise me that he's interested in a dude with negative value on that millstone of a contract. Kent Hughes might as well ask for McDavid and Draisaitl, he already has experience bending Holland over with the Nurse contract.
Ya, isn’t Anderson cap dump kind of guy? Maybe I’m confusing him with Drouin?
They both SHOULD be viewed as cap dumps but Ken Holland paid actual assets for the Duncan Keith cap dump last year. He's absolutely stupid enough to view Josh Anderson as the next John LeClair.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

If Oilers are prepared to bail out Habs from that contract the Habs should jump at chance
From all reports dozens of teams are calling the Habs asking about Anderson, and we are not shopping him at all. Not sure the Oilers have the right pieces to make it work. We would need to take back salary which would cost them a first to begin with. None of their realistic roster pieces fit our rebuild and their only prospect we'd be looking at is Bourgault. Picks alone wouldn't fetch Anderson based on what Hughes and Gorton have been looking for.

I would say something like Smith ++ for Allen would be more what the Oilers would be targeting from the Habs.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Never going to happen. Kassian was done in Montréal before it even started, he's never coming back.
Totally forgot about that but it does seem like he's put those issues behind him. Everyone deserves a second chance and he seems to have made the most of his.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
From all reports dozens of teams are calling the Habs asking about Anderson, and we are not shopping him at all. Not sure the Oilers have the right pieces to make it work. We would need to take back salary which would cost them a first to begin with. None of their realistic roster pieces fit our rebuild and their only prospect we'd be looking at is Bourgault. Picks alone wouldn't fetch Anderson based on what Hughes and Gorton have been looking for.

I would say something like Smith ++ for Allen would be more what the Oilers would be targeting from the Habs.
Bourgault is probably their best prospect. I’d pass if I’m the Oilers. Value mismatch and too much to spend for an on again and off again Anderson.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Mike smith + Phil Broberg for Josh Anderson?
No Josh Anderson at 5.5 million is the next Lucic deal, that's brutal for the Oilers. Try Duncan Keith for Josh Anderson+1st. But then again Ken Holland is the worst GM in hockey and Kent Hughes is a man who frauded a team into giving up a 1st for Ben Chiarot, so chances are this can actually happen.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No Josh Anderson at 5.5 million is the next Lucic deal, that's brutal for the Oilers. Try Duncan Keith for Josh Anderson+1st. But then again Ken Holland is the worst GM in hockey and Kent Hughes is a man who frauded a team into giving up a 1st for Ben Chiarot, so chances are this can actually happen.
come on man. Keith is unfortunately a garbage player at this late stage of his career.

Anderson is a 25 goal scorer when he’s streaky. oilers add significantly to this offer. Not the Habs.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
come on man. Keith is unfortunately a garbage player at this late stage of his career.

Anderson is a 25 goal scorer when he’s streaky. oilers add significantly to this offer. Not the Habs.
Josh Anderson is the next Lucic and has a 5.5 million dollar 5 year boat anchor of a contract. Keith you can just tank for 1 year and be done with it. Whoever trades for Anderson will regret it for years and years and years.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
A Holland special coming right up: Xavier Bourgault + 2022 1st + Klefbom
Pfft Klefbom? Try Broberg. Ken Holland thinks that dead cap is really really good (see: the 5 million dead cap for Edmonton next year) and young players are really really bad (see: him trying to trade away Puljuarvi while willingly taking on filth like Keith/Kassian).

Reactions: Beerfish

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
Any time you can get a $5.5MM 28 year old with one career 20 goal season and another five years on his deal, you gotta jump on it. But idk, having seen a lot of Josh Anderson, I'd think he'd be of more interest to a team that plays against the Leafs more.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Anderson is actually very good. I understand that many people look at him and only think about his size but he has a very good shot and he is a very good skater. I think he can fit with any team in the NHL.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It seems Bob Stauffer was discussing Anderson to Oilers after chatting with Friedman who confirmed interest from teams at tdl.

Habs looking for prospects/ draft picks and can take similar salary back to balance things. No rush from the Habs. He is good, easy to manage, still a beast and fast for his size. Price needs to be good.

What Oilers have to offer?

Stauffer also had the oilers warming a uniform for Lawson Cruise for 2 months

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad