Rumor: Josh Anderson to Oilers

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
People disagree on values Every day.
but its not a specific Habs players thing.
There are more Habs players trade threads than all other franchises combined.
Ya Page 1, 3 Hab trade threads 16 other trades thread.
No exaggeration going on here..

People disagree on values Every day.
but its not a specific Habs players thing.
There are more Habs players trade threads than all other franchises combined.
No exaggeration going on here.
But i do notice your in every Habs trade thread, multiple times , Shitting on Hab players.. That should tell everybody something.

Last edited:

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
No exaggeration going on here..

No exaggeration going on here.
But i do notice your in every Habs trade thread, multiple times , Shitting on Hab players.. That should tell everybody something.
How does saying there are more Habs threads than any other team « shitting on habs players »?? I’ll discuss home team whenever i feel like it. Even when i disagree with majority.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Just for shits and giggles, what would it cost the Oilers for Anderson and Price with 50% retention?
I dont see them retaining, I also dont think The Oilers would want The Habs to retain. They would want the full cap hit so when he undoubtedly ends up on LTIR they get the full savings......

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not true but when you have when you have 7M with 5 players left to sign you can not spend 5.5 on one player unless cap is going back . On top of it Anderson injuries are a concern and he signed for 5 more years . That contract won't age well . If Edmonton had a contract that ran for 5 years at 3.5M it would be a no brainer but you get Montreal fans not wanting to take any cap back . It just doesn't work in a cap era .

We can not afford the asking prices from Montreal . All this thread has become a basing thread . Don't want Anderson as we view him as overpaid it turns into base Nurse because he overpaid . I am guilty myself as it gets frustrating when fans bash the Oilers yet turn a blind eye to obvious concern over Anderson age and injuries .
There are too many teams interested in Anderson. Habs will get big return in him. Habs will get a first, recent former first like a Barron, and a throw in. Most likely at trade deadline. But could be this off season.

Anderson has speed to burn, game is evolving more towards speed. He is one of toughest guys in league. Sticks up for his teammates well. A proven 27 goal scorer. In his prime at 28. Locked up long term. Has his negatives also but there's too much there.

He is not a core piece. But similar to Lekhonen, in that he has good value to Cup contender.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
There are too many teams interested in Anderson. Habs will get big return in him. Habs will get a first, recent former first like a Barron, and a throw in. Most likely at trade deadline. But could be this off season.

Anderson has speed to burn, game is evolving more towards speed. He is one of toughest guys in league. Sticks up for his teammates well. A proven 27 goal scorer. In his prime at 28. Locked up long term. Has his negatives also but there's too much there.

He is not a core piece. But similar to Lekhonen, in that he has good value to Cup contender.

All these things are true, but they also seem like good reasons to keep him too.

In 2 -3 years they might need him to compete again.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

I think you can make the argument that he should thrive in EDM given how well Kane has done there. Him next to McDavid could be deadly for sure. However you and I have no idea how many teams are interested in Anderson. He has been too inconsistent to be considered a reliable top 6 guy. He is invisible when he does not score and the occasional power forward rush - no matter how impressive it is - does not make up for all the chances he misses. I think he would still yield a positive return but I don't think it should be much more than what Toffoli got (more useful on PP and PK than Anderson, slower and less physical but more efficient and reliable)

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019

No one is giving up 2 firsts for Anderson when he has that horrible contract. Hab fans have no definition of value. What playoff team can afford to pay almost 6 million per year for a 3rd liner? You forget he has 5 years left on his deal. That is not going to be an easy deadline flip at all. Teams at the deadline want dudes with short term contracts or low cap hits. Anderson has neither. He scored 27 goals once 5 years ago & hasn't touched 20 goals since. If you average up his assists every single year he has a career average of 9. That's right, 9 assists per year. So anyone claiming he is more then a 3rd liner is automatically wrong. To be in a top 6 you need to get more then 9 assists per year.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Pulju + 1st

for Anderson and the Habs buying out Kassian.
You are going to get eaten alive . Habs probably ask for the 1st plus just to take Kassian. They are going to Call Puljujarvi a bust and offer a 3rd and then they will ask for 2 or 3 assets for Anderson .

Anderson is a good player, he can skate, he physical and he will stick up for his team mates. His injuries are the big factor and therefore the length of his contract and with that I would stay clear unless cap is going back or Montreal is retaining 20 to 30%. Montreal fans won't like this but when the shoe was on the other foot with Hemsky to Montreal those injuries matter.

Reactions: Fatass

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Anderson is a solid player. Can go from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds, hits, scores, and has good leadership qualities. Anyone saying different has not watched him play clearly.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Holloway will be playing full time next year and already fills that power forward need in Edmonton. No reason for the oilers to do this and take on that contract.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
You are going to get eaten alive . Habs probably ask for the 1st plus just to take Kassian. They are going to Call Puljujarvi a bust and offer a 3rd and then they will ask for 2 or 3 assets for Anderson .

Anderson is a good player, he can skate, he physical and he will stick up for his team mates. His injuries are the big factor and therefore the length of his contract and with that I would stay clear unless cap is going back or Montreal is retaining 20 to 30%. Montreal fans won't like this but when the shoe was on the other foot with Hemsky to Montreal those injuries matter.

What they ask and what they get will be two different things. I’m sure you can find a team that would take Kass for a 3rd or equivalent asset. If you can’t just buy him out

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Anderson is a solid player. Can go from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds, hits, scores, and has good leadership qualities. Anyone saying different has not watched him play clearly.
He does those things very rarely and is not at all consistent and struggles to stay healthy. He is an overpaid middle 6 forward.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022

On the list of things not happening, this one is pretty high up. If his name was Joe Randerson and he played in Seattle, Habs fans would be laughing at anyone asking a "first, recent former rounder, and a throw in" for a guy with 0.47 PPG the last four years and a $5M ticket along with the inability to stay healthy.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Yea instead they got a second pick and a seventh pick and a player. What dumbasses.

He was a big reason why we got to the SCF.
No he wasn’t. That was Carey Price and the D playing way above their own skill levels. Anderson was a non factor mostly. Anderson outscored Pat Maroon by 1 point..

Attachments

• D8A2C711-33E7-4DE6-B8F1-F18E01B24795.jpeg
    D8A2C711-33E7-4DE6-B8F1-F18E01B24795.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
I would love to have Anderson on the Oilers but I don't think he is a luxury we can afford. Unless it was something like Barrie and a first for Anderson at 50%. Habs decline. End of story.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I would love to have Anderson on the Oilers but I don't think he is a luxury we can afford. Unless it was something like Barrie and a first for Anderson at 50%. Habs decline. End of story.

Habs decline big time and than block the number if it was the offer

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA