Josh Anderson
Jake Allen

Montreal Canadiens
Zach Kassian
Mike Smith

Josh Anderson = Actual good hockey player on a huge contract
Jake Allen = Better goaltender than Smith

vs

Zach Kassia = A plug. Straight up a plug, AHL level player that is pretty much done in Montreal for ever, after his "accident"
Mike Smith = Overpaid senior citizen

Bad troll attempt

Reactions: HabsQC and pth2

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Josh Anderson = Actual good hockey player on a huge contract
Jake Allen = Better goaltender than Smith

vs

Zach Kassia = A plug. Straight up a plug, AHL level player that is pretty much done in Montreal for ever, after his "accident"
Mike Smith = Overpaid senior citizen

Bad troll attempt
I mean, I can respect the low-ball offers of people who see Anderson as having less value than he does in my eyes ('cause hey, they might be right), but this is really trolling.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Or he is overrated by some Habs fans and is not everything some of them make him out to be. His scoring disappears for long stretches. He received way too generous of a contract and at the end of the day he has one season of over 20 goals in his whole career.
He’s a solid top 6 winger who shows up when it counts and impacts the game even when he’s not scoring. He brings energy and grit. He’s on a fair contract. That’s all facts. If you don’t like that, to each his own, but most Habs fans know what he is. It’s fans of other teams that want to disparage him and act like he’s something he isn’t.

Reactions: HabsQC and pth2

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
He’s a solid top 6 winger who shows up when it counts and impacts the game even when he’s not scoring. He brings energy and grit. He’s on a fair contract. That’s all facts. If you don’t like that, to each his own, but most Habs fans know what he is. It’s fans of other teams that want to disparage him and act like he’s something he isn’t.

Those aren’f facts. That’s all false.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Ok I'll go point by point.

He’s a solid top 6 winger

Solid top 6 wingers don't average 38 pts over the last 2 years. They especially don't when they can't play defense and don't drive offense. He's a mediocre 3rd liner.

who shows up when it counts

Showing up when it counts is getting 6 PTS IN 22 PLAYOFF GAMES LAST YEAR and only having 14 in 43 career playoff games? Out of the your forwards from that run he had the 3rd worst CF%, worst xGF%, 3rd worst SCF%, 2nd worst HDCF%. So please explain to me how the guy who is not producing and is also getting caved in is showing up?

impacts the game even when he’s not scoring

See above where he's getting caved in. Last 2 regular seasons you've had 18 forwards play at least 500 minutes. Anderson ranks 11th in CF%, 10th in xGF%, 11th in SCF%, 12 in HDCF%

He brings energy and grit.

"Energy" and "grit" lol You can like those things all you want but when those are the main things you bring you're a non factor but sure that point is a fact.

He’s on a fair contract.

A mediocre 3rd line who is 28 years old and playing a physically demanding style that doesn't age well and is making 5.5 for the next 5 years is not on a fair contract. Those are not players you want locked in for 5 years and especially not when said player is making 5.5 mil

That’s all facts.

Hey at least you got one fact sprinkled in there. Unfortunately that one fact is something that barely matters.

Anderson was a legitimate top 6er for one year back in 18-19. Then he played like shit the following year and he had the shoulder injury and he's been a mediocre 3rd liner following that.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Value of Price right now is zero, if you can afford to pay the money.
Value of Nurse is straight up negative (Nurse would be great at 4.5M/5M, 9.5M is absolutly in-freakin'-sane)

McDavid would be great at 4.5M/5M
Pasternak would be great at 3M/3.5M
Vasi would be great at 4M/4.5M

But alas, reality is a *****

Also, if that comment alone wasn't enough to crush any credibility you had, Nurse being a "negative asset" is beyond laughable.

Reactions: TFHockey

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Ok I'll go point by point.

Solid top 6 wingers don't average 38 pts over the last 2 years. They especially don't when they can't play defense and don't drive offense. He's a mediocre 3rd liner.

Showing up when it counts is getting 6 PTS IN 22 PLAYOFF GAMES LAST YEAR and only having 14 in 43 career playoff games? Out of the your forwards from that run he had the 3rd worst CF%, worst xGF%, 3rd worst SCF%, 2nd worst HDCF%. So please explain to me how the guy who is not producing and is also getting caved in is showing up?

See above where he's getting caved in. Last 2 regular seasons you've had 18 forwards play at least 500 minutes. Anderson ranks 11th in CF%, 10th in xGF%, 11th in SCF%, 12 in HDCF%

"Energy" and "grit" lol You can like those things all you want but when those are the main things you bring you're a non factor but sure that point is a fact.

A mediocre 3rd line who is 28 years old and playing a physically demanding style that doesn't age well and is making 5.5 for the next 5 years is not on a fair contract. Those are not players you want locked in for 5 years and especially not when said player is making 5.5 mil

Hey at least you got one fact sprinkled in there. Unfortunately that one fact is something that barely matters.

Anderson was a legitimate top 6er for one year back in 18-19. Then he played like shit the following year and he had the shoulder injury and he's been a mediocre 3rd liner following that.
When healthy, he’s good for 20-25 goals. Show me a “mediocre 3rd liner” who brings that. He’s big, he’s physical, he’s fast, and he doesn’t turn the puck over very much. And yeah, he was one of the only forwards to show up in the Cup final for MTL.

He’s a power winger, since when is every single player expected to “drive the offense?” How many players in the league do that? Most don’t and rely on others to do it, especially wingers.

You can break out the nerd stats all you want, but nobody is expecting him to be a Selke candidate. Maybe lower your standards a little bit. Oh right, you can’t. If you did that, you wouldn’t be able to rant and be outraged like you did. Your nerd stats are mostly taken out of context and just plain used wrong, even by so called experts. Ask Chayka and Dubas how relying on those has gone for them. I don’t claim to be an expert by any means, but I know not to put too much stock into the analytics side of things most of the time.

Lastly, tone down the nerd rage and condescent. I don’t know why my post got you into such state, but get a grip on yourself lol.

Reactions: pth2

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
When healthy, he’s good for 20-25 goals. Show me a “mediocre 3rd liner” who brings that. He’s big, he’s physical, he’s fast, and he doesn’t turn the puck over very much. And yeah, he was one of the only forwards to show up in the Cup final for MTL.

He’s a power winger, since when is every single player expected to “drive the offense?” How many players in the league do that? Most don’t and rely on others to do it, especially wingers.

You can break out the nerd stats all you want, but nobody is expecting him to be a Selke candidate. Maybe lower your standards a little bit. Oh right, you can’t. If you did that, you wouldn’t be able to rant and be outraged like you did. Your nerd stats are mostly taken out of context and just plain used wrong, even by so called experts. Ask Chayka and Dubas how relying on those has gone for them. I don’t claim to be an expert by any means, but I know not to put too much stock into the analytics side of things most of the time.

Lastly, tone down the nerd rage and condescent. I don’t know why my post got you into such state, but get a grip on yourself lol.
Yeah, but I don't see him worth a 2OA.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Absolutely no one has claimed he's worth a 2OA, much less 1 for 1.

Talk about a strawman.
I honestly haven't seen any Habs fan say that, but there have been talks about certain people saying certain fans think he can be had for the 2OA.

I'm skeptical as to his being worth even a first-round pick, in general, but we'll see.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I honestly haven't seen any Habs fan say that, but there have been talks about certain people saying certain fans think he can be had for the 2OA.

I'm skeptical as to his being worth even a first-round pick, in general, but we'll see.
Chiarot is worth a first
Lehkonen a first (Barron) and a 2nd

But Anderson isn’t worth a first?

lol okay.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Chiarot is worth a first
Lehkonen a first (Barron) and a 2nd

But Anderson isn’t worth a first?

lol okay.
TDL deals and offseason deals might be different, I think. I don't know.
I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say a 2nd, but I don't know about the first-round pick.

Reactions: JRichard

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
A statement like « he’s on a fair contract » is not a fact. Its an opinion. Some people will share it, some wont.
Facts: 5.5 mil, 5 more seasons.

Most Habs fans can enjoy discussing how solid, gritty he is on their board where everybody will agree.
if you come on main board offering your guy, be ready to receive different opinions. That my friend is a fact.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Absolutely no one has claimed he's worth a 2OA, much less 1 for 1.

Talk about a strawman.
how about for 5th oa? Did this happen in JA to Philly thread? Yep. It did. Value between 2nd and 5th oa this year aint that big. Drop off is at 6.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019

Miles Wood is good for 20 goals yet we play him on the 4th line, 3rd line absolute tops. Just because someone scores goals, is fast & is physical it doesn't make them a top 6 player. Miles Wood is proof of that. Miles Wood is stupid fast (one of the fastest players in the league) & plays with grit but we don't play him in the top 6 because he is better off feasting on lower competition. Josh Anderson may score goals but his average assists for his entire career is only 8.75 or let's round up to 9 points. If a dude has a career average of 9 assists they CANNOT be a top 6 player. A top 6 player not only needs to score goals but they need assists. Anderson can't have assists to save his life.

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
McDavid would be great at 4.5M/5M
Pasternak would be great at 3M/3.5M
Vasi would be great at 4M/4.5M

But alas, reality is a *****

Also, if that comment alone wasn't enough to crush any credibility you had, Nurse being a "negative asset" is beyond laughable.

Comparing Nurse to McDavid or Pasta just doesn't make sense?
Like, nobody is arguing that McDavid doesn't deserves his salary. The same with Pasta.
That comment doesn't crush anything, it's moronic as hell lol

And on the Habs, I take Petry, hands down, before Nurse, and arguably Romanov too. And Petry is overpaid at 6,5M. No other team would take Nurse at 9.5M.
You're stuck with that boat anchor.

Reactions: Macheteops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad