Rumor: Josh Anderson to Oilers

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Yeah one is going on LTIR and the other one is going to be an anchor for 7 years to come.

Price actually contributed to Montreal success in many ways too. Can’t say the same for Nurse.

Of course it is when everyone on here said we’d be lucky to get a 2nd while all the insiders said that he would be getting a first.

Same scenario here with Anderson where many insiders said it would take a solid offer to pry him out of Montreal yet half of the board still believe he’s a cap dump at this point
1. Not everyone…
2. Welcome to Hf where people joyfully disagree on values and posters focus on extremists to make a point.
3. No point into using Lehkonen, Chiarot or Kulak values at tdl when discussing potential draft day deals with all your players that your fan base keeps offering daily. Nobody is asking for Anderson, Armia, Petry, Drouin.
4. Sure Anderson will land a late 1st who most probably turn into the greats Oscar Dansk, Ian McCoshen, Jayce Hawryluk, Nick merkley or Egor Karshkov all late picks from 2012-2016 + an unknown prospect to most like Lagesson or Smilanic at the tdl when his contract expires if he is still a thing in 2027.
5. When fans from other teams tell you no, stop pushing it. Serves no purpose. they wont change their minds even if Chiarot landed a 1st and offered player is perfect fit with CC and NS.
6. Remember first game of Ryan Poehling? All next summer he was first-line material. Pretty wrong eh? What if posters kept using that line when disagreeing with Habs fans evaluation of own players? or Sergachev who was returning to Russia?
7. Show me an insider who believes Josh Anderson is worth 5th oa.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I mean, what if the Oilers offered their late 1st and a cap dump to make Anderson's cap hit more palatable? I dunno, just guessing here.

Price is like five times the player Nurse will ever be?
Like, Price is a HOF player who at one point actually deserved his contract, while Nurse will never ever come close?
Petry is better than Nurse and you're acting like Price and Nurse are in the same convo lol?
Price is broken down and his contract is terrible, but let's not act like they're the same thing, c'mon man

Anderson isn't cheap but he's a special animal, like he's actually doing what you would like PoolParty don't.

And yeah, I sure hope you sign Kane at 7M lol

I will reiterate; if Kane's contract is deemed valid by the arbitrator I would much rather pay Kane $7 Million for the next three years than Anderson $5.5 Million for the next five. It's a no brainer. Evander Kane is the FAR superior player.

Reactions: Leafshater67

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Price was signed 5 years ago when he was the best in the World, and still hold more value than Nurse for the fact that he can be litr'd lol
That would depend on the team . Fans like to think things are black and white . A team trying to win would prefer Nurse to a LTIR player . Most GMs would not trade Nurse for Price . Some cap floor teams might and a team like Vegas that just made a similar trade to try and create cap space

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
That would depend on the team . Fans like to think things are black and white . A team trying to win would prefer Nurse to a LTIR player . Most GMs would not trade Nurse for Price . Some cap floor teams might and a team like Vegas that just made a similar trade to try and create cap space
However, Nurse would bring in better assets when traded, right?

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I mean, what if the Oilers offered their late 1st and a cap dump to make Anderson's cap hit more palatable? I dunno, just guessing here.

I will reiterate; if Kane's contract is deemed valid by the arbitrator I would much rather pay Kane $7 Million for the next three years than Anderson $5.5 Million for the next five. It's a no brainer. Evander Kane is the FAR superior player.
Its doubtful Montreal trade Anderson if they do it's unlikely Montreal would consider Edmonton a trading partner if that's what is being offered.

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Price should've signed with a better team like Tampa or the likes.

Maybe he should have.

Still, with the Habs he reached the finals, which is more he could have done with any other canadian teams

I won't argue that Kane is a good player; it's just that you didn't learn nothing about Kane it seems lol

How the Kane adventure went with Atlanta, Winnipeg and San Jose?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Value of Price right now is zero, if you can afford to pay the money.
Value of Nurse is straight up negative (Nurse would be great at 4.5M/5M, 9.5M is absolutly in-freakin'-sane)

Reactions: Leafshater67

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
So most Montreal fans don’t want him moved and most Edmonton fans don’t want to trade for him. Let’s shut this pissing contest down
It's more subtle. Most Habs fans want to receive something of value for him, and most Edmonton fans seem to see him as marginally useful and not worth giving up anything of interest.

ie, Edmonton fans might offer Foegele and a 3d rounder, Habs fans want at least one high-value asset.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Anderson has sucked for 3 STRAIGHT YEARS. Decent goal scorer. On the other hand he can't pass, he can't defend, he doesn't drive offense. He's a mediocre 3rd liner who is 28 years old making 5.5 for the next 5 and plays a punishing style that doesn't age well. He should be viewed as a negative asset.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Habs fans maintained he was worth a 3rd round pick. They were so far off.... dumbarses.

Yea instead they got a second pick and a seventh pick and a player. What dumbasses.

Anderson has sucked for 3 STRAIGHT YEARS. Decent goal scorer. On the other hand he can't pass, he can't defend, he doesn't drive offense. He's a mediocre 3rd liner who is 28 years old making 5.5 for the next 5 and plays a punishing style that doesn't age well. He should be viewed as a negative asset.

He was a big reason why we got to the SCF.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
So it's devolved to the same nonsense as the trade deadline Montreal trade proposals. Wonder if any loudmouth will be eating crow when their player valuations fail to live up to reality for the umpteenth time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad