Prospect Info: Jordan Greenway (LW) - BU, NCAA - 50th Overall Pick, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Slightly off topic but....

How does Bjugstad only have 2 points in 21 games this year? Playing that bad or am I missing something?

Most Florida fans will tell you he hasn't played well for a couple seasons now... It's becoming more than just a bad year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Most Florida fans will tell you he hasn't played well for a couple seasons now... It's becoming more than just a bad year.

Yet a couple people were shocked when I said he's only worth Folin and a 2nd on the main board.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Slightly off topic but....

How does Bjugstad only have 2 points in 21 games this year? Playing that bad or am I missing something?

He broke his wrist in the preseason, plays on the 3rd line, and Fla is just weird this year.

I've seen a few games this year, and he didn't look bad. He just didn't look good, but most of the team didn't look good. I do think he lost some strength (from the wrist injury) and that is affecting most parts of his game.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Yet a couple people were shocked when I said he's only worth Folin and a 2nd on the main board.

Nobody knows Folin... I'd reckon most fair-weather Minnesota hockey fans barely even recognize his name.

He's a valuable piece to the Wild and savvy NHL GMs, but his name carries no value.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

It is understandable that Panther fans hold greater value of a possible turnaround of Bjustad vs Folin (who has been good for us but still arguably not more than a very solid #5 guy) and a 2nd in a crap draft.

We would do the same if Brodin had a worse year that last year. It isn't a good sign but age is still on their side and has point up 30 points consistently.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It is understandable that Panther fans hold greater value of a possible turnaround of Bjustad vs Folin (who has been good for us but still arguably not more than a very solid #5 guy) and a 2nd in a crap draft.

We would do the same if Brodin had a worse year that last year. It isn't a good sign but age is still on their side and has point up 30 points consistently.

I understand that, I'm just saying they can't expect much more than that. 30 points is still not great, 3rd line C territory. Definitely not the 2nd line with 1st line upside that he used to have. At 24 too, age isn't on their side for much longer.

Edit: just realized this is a Greenway thread, sorry, back on topic.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Anyone know if he will be leaving Boston university for Pro this year? Or is he staying at uni? I noticed his teammate Clayton Keller is going pro after 1 season. Greenway looked like one of the better prospects at the wjc.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Greenway wants to make big impact with Wild

For Minnesota Wild forward prospect Jordan Greenway, the decision between turning pro or returning for his junior season at Boston University wasn't easy.

Greenway, 20, said he feels NHL-ready. But he feels a stronger pull to go back for his third season with the Terriers.

"The job isn't done there yet," he said.

"I want to win a lot more championships [in Boston]. I want to find a way to create more offense for myself [at the college level] first, and be more of an impact player when I come in here [to the Wild].

"I don't want to be average. I want to come in and have an impact for a while as soon as I can, so going back to school for one more year, that's what I'm going to do."

Wild director of player development Brad Bombardir said he sees major strides in the power forward, who attended his third development camp with Minnesota in July.

"He's starting to learn what his strengths really are," Bombardir said. "Taking pucks to the net. Forcing himself to the front of the net. Living in the blue paint as much as he can. Those are his strengths. He would do that maybe once in a while a couple years ago. Now he's really starting to realize that that's where his game lies, and he has to play that way night in and night out."

Greenway is quick to acknowledge Boston University coach David Quinn and his staff for helping him hone his skills and utilize his assets -- primarily his size -- to his advantage.

"I think I've grown a lot in a lot of areas," Greenway said. "My coaching staff back at BU has helped me out a ton, so I think that I've found ways to perfect my game down low and create a lot of offense. That's why I'm going to go back and hopefully fine tune it a little bit more.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So with Greenway still unsigned, Tuch gone to Vegas, Haula gone, and KK signing in the KHL, the Forward depth and talent for the Wild is looking decidedly thin for the next couple of years.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
So with Greenway still unsigned, Tuch gone to Vegas, Haula gone, and KK signing in the KHL, the Forward depth and talent for the Wild is looking decidedly thin for the next couple of years.

Greenway should go pro next season... If he chooses to test free agency, then yes, huge loss for the Wild.

Haula's 26 - not sure why you grouped him in with prospects. We got 4 good years out of him.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Watch Fletcher trade our 1st on the deadline for a 3C. ;)

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

we just need to draft one. I think we are still in a good spot with JEE, Kunin, and Greenway.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

They *could* lose Koivu next offseason. Zucker is an RFA. Two offseasons is Ennis and Staal. Four potentially good players to lose but I see Koivu and Zucker for sure re-signing. Then you've got Kunin/Ek coming in this year. Greenway next year. I don't think it's an issue. I'm more worried about RHD, though Fletcher did a good job on signing an abundance of dmen this offseason.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

The FWD depth is still there for the top end. Koivu, Staal, Granny, Coyle, Zucker, Nino, and Parise (if healthy) are all top-6 quality players.

Foligno, Ennis, JEE, and Kunin should fill out the 3rd line and cover for injuries.

The 4th line of Stewie + warm bodies is concerning.

I'm waiting to see how everything shakes out in camp. PTO's, UFA's, and/or waiver claims could change fill out the roster and JEE and Kunin start the year in Iowa.

I think Schroeder was a bigger loss than Tuch (he looked so lost) thinking for next season only.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
They *could* lose Koivu next offseason. Zucker is an RFA. Two offseasons is Ennis and Staal. Four potentially good players to lose but I see Koivu and Zucker for sure re-signing. Then you've got Kunin/Ek coming in this year. Greenway next year. I don't think it's an issue. I'm more worried about RHD, though Fletcher did a good job on signing an abundance of dmen this offseason.

Luckily there are other ways to acquire players.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Greenway should go pro next season... If he chooses to test free agency, then yes, huge loss for the Wild.

Haula's 26 - not sure why you grouped him in with prospects. We got 4 good years out of him.

I predict

Greenway will sign with Wild AND be on roster this season after Olympics / NCAA season.

If not on roster this season ..... He returns to BU and UFA after Sr year

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Do we lose his rights next offseason? Or does he have to complete his senior year to become an UFA.

From his interviews, it sounds like he wants to be here. Although, other NCAA prospects that went through UFA may have acted the same way.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
He'll play one more year at BU, play in the Olympics, and then sign with the Wild next year. Kid's going to be a monster of a player and I'd bet he ends up the top line LW within 3 seasons.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Do we lose his rights next offseason? Or does he have to complete his senior year to become an UFA.

From his interviews, it sounds like he wants to be here. Although, other NCAA prospects that went through UFA may have acted the same way.

He has to complete his Sr. season and then would become a UFA either July 1st or Aug 15th (can't remember which).

I don't see him being a real 1LW in 3 seasons.
-I think his first year (18-19) will be in the AHL. Big players (usually) have a hard time adjusting to the pros. Their size makes things easier for them at the College/Jr levels, and they need time to adjust their games to playing similar size/skill players.
-2nd year (19-20) he gets bottom-6 NHL time, there is still a lot of wing talent ahead of him on the projected Wild roster.
-3rd year (20-21) he could end up anywhere from the 1st to the 4th line. The roster could have a big turnover by then, or re-sign Coyle, Granny, and Zucker with Nino and Parise still on the team. Kaprizov could also come over from the KHL that year.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He'll play one more year at BU, play in the Olympics, and then sign with the Wild next year. Kid's going to be a monster of a player and I'd bet he ends up the top line LW within 3 seasons.

I'll take that bet. Don't see him over Nino.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I predict

Greenway will sign with Wild AND be on roster this season after Olympics / NCAA season.

If not on roster this season ..... He returns to BU and UFA after Sr year

The Wild might want to hold off signing him until after the season to hold the clock on his contract expiring.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's signed after the NCAA season, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a player try out for Iowa after the NCAA season and sign his contract with the Wild after the season in Iowa is done.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
There is a lot of hand wringing on this thread. Every word out of Greenway's mouth is that he is excited to be a part of this organization.

"Poor Minnesota" is a weak construct of Minnesota fans. Milwaukee, Cleveland, San Diego, Houston, etc. That's poor. Twins delivered the goods, twice, and godammit, don't ever forget!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad