Value of: Jordan Eberle

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I've said it many times. Any team picking up Eberle, even on waivers, is stupid. NHL Managers aren't stupid, so Eberle will continue to be an Oiler.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ok, could Dallas add anything to get Eberle?

Not sure if its an "add to Eakin" type deal we are looking for. There are certainly players I'd be interested in - Janmark for one. Maybe Faksa. How does Shore compare to those two? Oleksiak doesn't happen to have any experience playing the right side, does he?

As "overpaid" as Eberle is, Eakin is moreso in my opinion. I'd need salary retention on him and I don't know if Dallas is in the position to do that.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Oilers are not that pressed for cap space next year anyway. Sign Kovie for 1 year $5 mill even, you save a bit of cash there. I think in that scenario Vegas picks Pouliot.

I dunno how much Kovie has in the tank, but right now the Oilers PP shooter is Mark Letestu. I have to think Kovalchuk's shot is still better than Letestu's.

Why would Kovie sign for 1 year at only 5. It will take more years and $$$ to get him signed.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oilers have no room for this guy and
would probably have to add to him to unload his terrible contract.

That being said, would any team want him? He's just not a fit for this team at all.

This has to be a joke . You know April fools in on the 1st day of April not the last . Both Eberle and the Nuge struggle this year buying into a new system where they are ask to be the shut down line . Yes Eberle along with RNH goes up against the tough 1st lines of the NHL . While Eberle will never be consider a Selke candidate he has improved leaps and bounds ....Now he about average on most nights .

His 50 points may have been the lowest he has produce but that is a produce of TMac asking him to play responsible 2 way hockey . ( still needs work in this area but he much better )

HF boards logic

Eberle puts up 60 . We don't want him he brings nothing on the defensive side

Eberle puts up 50 while improving his defensive play . We don't want him his offence sucks .

In todays NHL 50 points is good production

Chef de Cuisine

Mar 15, 2015
This has to be a joke . You know April fools in on the 1st day of April not the last . Both Eberle and the Nuge struggle this year buying into a new system where they are ask to be the shut down line . Yes Eberle along with RNH goes up against the tough 1st lines of the NHL . While Eberle will never be consider a Selke candidate he has improved leaps and bounds ....Now he about average on most nights .

His 50 points may have been the lowest he has produce but that is a produce of TMac asking him to play responsible 2 way hockey . ( still needs work in this area but he much better )

HF boards logic

Eberle puts up 50 while improving his defensive play . We don't want him his offence sucks .

Yeah, but Eberle is ****.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Stat watching or watched 1 game kind of statement .

While I agree Eberle may have to go for cap reason . He just completed his best season . Point wise no , but his 2 way play is night and day better then at any point in his career . I think his offence will return . Right now he is rushing his shots and staying on the perimeter so he able to get back quicker . He does have some value . We also do not have to rush to trade him . Next season we have 24 million of cap space .

Resign Draisaitl to a 3.5 to 4 million raise ( Draisaitl hit his bonuses so this is going off the 3.4 he is going to earn this year )
Sign a better option then Russell RHD . Cost 4 to 5 million
Hendricks is replaceable with a cheap home grown talent cost >1 million
Kassian is due for a slight raise 1 million .
Keep 4 million open for bonuses
2.5 max for this years bonus over

Total at max 17.5 . This may go up if Vegas takes Pouliot

We don't need to dump him yet . I would still be proactive on it as we don't want to be like Chicago and have to start paying teams to take players or get **** offers from GM,s who know we are in a bind
So 6.9-7.4 for Draisaitl & Kassian @ 2.5. Not bad.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Not sure if its an "add to Eakin" type deal we are looking for. There are certainly players I'd be interested in - Janmark for one. Maybe Faksa. How does Shore compare to those two? Oleksiak doesn't happen to have any experience playing the right side, does he?

As "overpaid" as Eberle is, Eakin is moreso in my opinion. I'd need salary retention on him and I don't know if Dallas is in the position to do that.

Dallas likely doesn't deal any of the 3 bolded forwards for Eberle, and certainly 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt not Radek Faksa.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

HF boards logic

i think you are drinking the poison kool aid if you are suggesting hes remotely close to an average defender. saying someone has improved when they were a total liability before... might mean they improved but are still a liability

a 60 point scorer even when 1 dimensional will always have a place in nhl, but if you get stuck paying 6 mill for one of them its a problem.

take ryan spooner on my bruins for example. if he played 18 mins a game with taylor hall id bet he would produce 60-65 points too. but his team would still suck because he would be eaten alive defensively. spooner will prob earn around 3 mill on his next deal and even at that 1/2 price i doubt he has much trade value.

spooner is like eberle in that i believe both guys have strong offensive games... and both are smart enough they could play good defense too. what is lacking is the hungar to battle. too many soft plays in danger area. too many lost battles that lead to goals against.

eberle like spooner will give up on plays and accept loses. guys like this kill team spirit. its too bad because i believe he could be better

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Chiarelli has demonstrated that he's more than willing to dump a player for nothing if he deems the player isn't working out here.

Schultz got a 3rd
Yakupov got a 3rd

Considering his salary, I expect something similar for Eberle. A year from now RNH will be up next.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Chiarelli has demonstrated that he's more than willing to dump a player for nothing if he deems the player isn't working out here.

Schultz got a 3rd
Yakupov got a 3rd

Considering his salary, I expect something similar for Eberle. A year from now RNH will be up next.

When Nail Yakupov was traded he had scored 23 points.

When Schultz was traded he had 10 points.

Both were massive minus players.

One of them had previously asked for a trade publicly. The other one was Justin Schultz. Enough said.

Eberle will get a roster player back, likely then some. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins won't get traded.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Maybe im living in the past but I would love him with the Habs. We have a ton of player good "without the puck" I think we could do good use of a player like Eberle.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada

Schultz got a 3rd
Yakupov got a 3rd

I expect he will go to Vegas with some sort of other pocket lint coming back and something to make it count as our expansion pick. Just a hunch. He can score if that's all you want him to and he is improving two way-wise, he's just not an effective playoff player. That should be fine for an expansion team that will really have a hard time getting any top six guys.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Small, Slow and zero heart. You can usually get away with all those things if your stat line looks pretty but Eberle's stat line is as ugly as the gargoyle you wake up to after you Cosby'd yourself at a Cher concert.

can we interest you in brock nelson? fits into all the same categories, but big (don't worry, he won't use his size!).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad