Value of: Jordan Eberle

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
Oilers have no room for this guy and would probably have to add to him to unload his terrible contract.

That being said, would any team want him? He's just not a fit for this team at all.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Doesn't really fill a need on the Jets, not to mention his contract status isn't great.

TBC

Dec 22, 2016
Retain some salary and I imagine you have a majority of teams interested.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Oilers have no room for this guy and would probably have to add to him to unload his terrible contract.

That being said, would any team want him? He's just not a fit for this team at all.

I checked your post history, it appears you are a Kings fan. It always irks me when fans of other fanbases start up a thread like this opening up by bashing a player (likely from a small viewing sample size) and saying hey what do you want to give for him. There will be a cap crunch on the Oilers and at the moment he's probably 3rd on the list of big money players ($3.5M+) that we'd be willing to part with. There are a bajillion Oiler fans on this board when it is time to trade him you can rest assured we will have it more than covered on this board.

At the moment we are in the midst of a playoff battle and all real Oiler fans know Eberle is capable of being a difference maker offensively, he ain't getting it done at the moment, but we are all hoping he can flip that switch, there are more games to be played and he still has time to pull off some heroics.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I checked your post history, it appears you are a Kings fan. It always irks me when fans of other fanbases start up a thread like this opening up by bashing a player (likely from a small viewing sample size) and saying hey what do you want to give for him. There will be a cap crunch on the Oilers and at the moment he's probably 3rd on the list of big money players ($3.5M+) that we'd be willing to part with. There are a bajillion Oiler fans on this board when it is time to trade him you can rest assured we will have it more than covered on this board.

At the moment we are in the midst of a playoff battle and all real Oiler fans know Eberle is capable of being a difference maker offensively, he ain't getting it done at the moment, but we are all hoping he can flip that switch, there are more games to be played and he still has time to pull off some heroics.

6M, 2A! :amazed:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Vegas would jump all over him in the expansion draft, so there better be something decent coming back if the Oilers are retaining, otherwise just let Vegas take him if you want to be rid of the salary.

It's not a terrible contract anyway, only 2 years term for a 25 year old.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1779611&highlight=

Oilers fans wouldn't do Yakupov either. Couldn't imagine the meltdown there would have been if it was Hall I suggested.

Yes because we all had the forsight to see we'd get Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl would be a star and get Jesse Puljujarvi and we'd sign Milan Lucic thus rendering Eberle kinda redundant.

At the time he was our second leading scorer I believe, how many teams would trade that guy for at the time a struggling young d-man.

Besides we don't have McDavid now if we did what you suggested. Everything had to happen exactly how it did for that to happen how it did.

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
Yes because we all had the forsight to see we'd get Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl would be a star and get Jesse Puljujarvi and we'd sign Milan Lucic thus rendering Eberle kinda redundant.

At the time he was our second leading scorer I believe, how many teams would trade that guy for at the time a struggling young d-man.

Besides we don't have McDavid now if we did what you suggested. Everything had to happen exactly how it did for that to happen how it did.

Edmonton won a lottery. Not sure how that has anything to do with a trade.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Edmonton won a lottery. Not sure how that has anything to do with a trade.

They won a lottery by being in the exact correct position. If you change one thing, 10 other things would change, who knows where they finish at the end of the 2015 season, they might finish 4th or 5th last ... in which case they'd have Noah Hanifin or Pavel Zacha probably instead of Connor McDavid.

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
They won a lottery by being in the exact correct position. If you change one thing, 10 other things would change, who knows where they finish at the end of the 2015 season, they might finish 4th last ... in which case they'd have Noah Hanifin probably instead of Connor McDavid.
That wasn't my point. My point was that at the time that would have been a good trade for Edmonton. I still believe it was the right move then. Hindsight of drafting Connor McDavid after winning a lottery wasn't available at the time of that proposal.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Vegas would jump all over him in the expansion draft, so there better be something decent coming back if the Oilers are retaining, otherwise just let Vegas take him if you want to be rid of the salary.

It's not a terrible contract anyway, only 2 years term for a 25 year old.

But McDavid's contract is in 1 year. So that could be an issue, even if only for a season.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
There's still a player there, but his time in Edmonton is at an end. What he brings to the table just doesn't jive with this roster.

I suggested it in the Kovy thread, but how about something based around the two?

Edmonton gets a legit sniper to play RW, and Hall get reunited with his old running-mate.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That wasn't my point. My point was that at the time that would have been a good trade for Edmonton. I still believe it was the right move then. Hindsight of drafting Connor McDavid after winning a lottery wasn't available at the time of that proposal.

Knowing that what it set up though it'd be an absolutely terrible trade. Nope, all the pain was worth it to get McDavid. I would not change a single thing from that 5 year rebuild.

The Oilers had other chances to get Larsson too, they could've just picked him in 2011 over Nugent Hopkins.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There's still a player there, but his time in Edmonton is at an end. What he brings to the table just doesn't jive with this roster.

I suggested it in the Kovy thread, but how about something based around the two?

Edmonton gets a legit sniper to play RW, and Hall get reunited with his old running-mate.

That's interesting actually. I think both teams would have to consider that. Hall is happy to get his BFF back and Kovalchuk gets to play with McDavid.

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
Knowing that what it set up though it'd be an absolutely terrible trade. Nope, all the pain was worth it to get McDavid. I would not change a single thing from that 5 year rebuild.

The Oilers had other chances to get Larsson too, they could've just picked him in 2011 over Nugent Hopkins.

Whoooosh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3