Value of: Jordan Eberle

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Kucherov is the Oilers best option, if that option becomes available.
Other than that, keep him for the expansion draft and expose him to Vegas to protect other players.
Another option could be, Gallagher for Eberle (1.5m retained) in a change of scenery deal, as Hab fans seem to be unhappy with Gallagher lately.

Last edited:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
What would Edmonton be interested in from Columbus? A trade would have to happen after the expansion draft, and would probably have to include a guy like Matt Calvert for cap reasons

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What would Edmonton be interested in from Columbus? A trade would have to happen after the expansion draft, and would probably have to include a guy like Matt Calvert for cap reasons

Neutral fan, but I think they would want a RHD, which you don't seem to have to spare. You wouldn't get rid of Bjorkstrand or Atkinson for Eberle and rightfully so. Again one trade that may benefit both sides as I've wrote before is Benning and Draisaitl for Wennberg, Savard, and another small piece. Edmonton downgrades on center, but upgrades on RHD, while CBS downgrades on RHD but upgrades on center.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If you're really trying to unload this "bad" players contract, the Rangers will graciously step up and give you your pick of Staal or Girardi in exchange for him

And, please, don't thank me, it's my pleasure to help the Oilers get rid of that contract

It ok . It was our pleasure to take your back up goalie for a steal of a deal :laugh: . Problem is we won't be returning the favour

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oilers have no room for this guy and would probably have to add to him to unload his terrible contract.

That being said, would any team want him? He's just not a fit for this team at all.

Stat watching or watched 1 game kind of statement .

While I agree Eberle may have to go for cap reason . He just completed his best season . Point wise no , but his 2 way play is night and day better then at any point in his career . I think his offence will return . Right now he is rushing his shots and staying on the perimeter so he able to get back quicker . He does have some value . We also do not have to rush to trade him . Next season we have 24 million of cap space .

Resign Draisaitl to a 3.5 to 4 million raise ( Draisaitl hit his bonuses so this is going off the 3.4 he is going to earn this year )
Sign a better option then Russell RHD . Cost 4 to 5 million
Hendricks is replaceable with a cheap home grown talent cost >1 million
Kassian is due for a slight raise 1 million .
Keep 4 million open for bonuses
2.5 max for this years bonus over

Total at max 17.5 . This may go up if Vegas takes Pouliot

We don't need to dump him yet . I would still be proactive on it as we don't want to be like Chicago and have to start paying teams to take players or get **** offers from GM,s who know we are in a bind

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
If he thinks he's getting more than $6 mill per with term from a contending team after not playing for several years, he's crazy.

He could play one year with McDavid, put up a ton of points, play in the playoffs and then go sign somewhere else for big dollars if he really wanted to (aka: the Jagr).

LOL...thats a risk and I agree Kovie is not getting something with term...but there is no guarantees that playing on McDavids wing equals a ton of point...there have been a couple of high skill players that have not had success on his wing....that said McDavid did make Maroon a 25 goal scorer..

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
isles might be interested, what do you guys need.

Not much if we are being honest. A center who can win faceoffs consistently would be ideal (3rd liner is fine). And if we retain, then we would need a good prospect or pick - not a future superstar by any means, just someone who can contribute sooner than later.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
A deal around Ennis and a 3rd perhaps?

No thanks. I'd rather keep Eberle at 6 than have Ennis at 4.6.

What we really need is a team that would trade a couple of utility type players that fit what our team needs, as opposed to an Eberle-like contributor.

If any team has a Letestu clone and a good prospect, I'd do that deal.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Would love to see Eberle end up in Florida to play on that top line with Huberdeau and Barkov. They'll have the cap space, as well as the prospects/players to pull off a deal. Just gotta find something that fits.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Stat watching or watched 1 game kind of statement .

While I agree Eberle may have to go for cap reason . He just completed his best season . Point wise no , but his 2 way play is night and day better then at any point in his career . I think his offence will return . Right now he is rushing his shots and staying on the perimeter so he able to get back quicker

He has been a non-factor all playoffs. For 6 million, you better have at least one good game out of 9. A lot of people like to compare the situation with Eberle to Bobby Ryan's inconsistent play, but even Bobby Ryan has had a couple dominant games. Ebs has been a passenger every night.

As for "rushing his shots," that is laughable. He doesn't just dust the puck off, he takes it to get dry cleaned.

I leave him exposed in the expansion draft and welcome the 6 mil in space and roster spot.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I checked your post history, it appears you are a Kings fan. It always irks me when fans of other fanbases start up a thread like this opening up by bashing a player (likely from a small viewing sample size) and saying hey what do you want to give for him. There will be a cap crunch on the Oilers and at the moment he's probably 3rd on the list of big money players ($3.5M+) that we'd be willing to part with. There are a bajillion Oiler fans on this board when it is time to trade him you can rest assured we will have it more than covered on this board.

At the moment we are in the midst of a playoff battle and all real Oiler fans know Eberle is capable of being a difference maker offensively, he ain't getting it done at the moment, but we are all hoping he can flip that switch, there are more games to be played and he still has time to pull off some heroics.

relying on guys like eberle that dont compete and just coast on talent is why edmonton had 10 years of fail. moving forward, the less guys that dont compete are on the team - the better

sadly if eberle was making around 3 mill he might be willing to play harder to earn a big contract. giving hopkins and eberle first line money when both are rather average second line performers was a colossal mistake.

eberle seams like a good kid. in 5-6 years he might become a decent vet if hes looking for a cup. but right now hes in the middle of a 6 mill per year contract and he thinks being a soft 20 goal scorer who is below average defensively is acceptable.

if i was edmonton id move him for nothing if thats what it takes to get rid of him. if he was an ufa i wouldnt sign him for more than 3 mill. he has no value at 6 mill.

its too bad because he has talent. if he did play harder he would probably earn his contract and be quite a good first liner. talent isnt his problem, its heart an compete

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Would love to see Eberle end up in Florida to play on that top line with Huberdeau and Barkov. They'll have the cap space, as well as the prospects/players to pull off a deal. Just gotta find something that fits.

Oilers needs a RHD that is an upgrade over Russell..

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He has been a non-factor all playoffs. For 6 million, you better have at least one good game out of 9. A lot of people like to compare the situation with Eberle to Bobby Ryan's inconsistent play, but even Bobby Ryan has had a couple dominant games. Ebs has been a passenger every night.

As for "rushing his shots," that is laughable. He doesn't just dust the puck off, he takes it to get dry cleaned.

I leave him exposed in the expansion draft and welcome the 6 mil in space and roster spot.

Until last night, the only bad game Eberle has had was game 4 against the Sharks. The problem is that we can't have Eberle and Nuge being shut down only guys at their salaries. He has been a non-factor offensively, but has been solid in his role.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
relying on guys like eberle that dont compete and just coast on talent is why edmonton had 10 years of fail. moving forward, the less guys that dont compete are on the team - the better

sadly if eberle was making around 3 mill he might be willing to play harder to earn a big contract. giving hopkins and eberle first line money when both are rather average second line performers was a colossal mistake.

eberle seams like a good kid. in 5-6 years he might become a decent vet if hes looking for a cup. but right now hes in the middle of a 6 mill per year contract and he thinks being a soft 20 goal scorer who is below average defensively is acceptable.

if i was edmonton id move him for nothing if thats what it takes to get rid of him. if he was an ufa i wouldnt sign him for more than 3 mill. he has no value at 6 mill.

its too bad because he has talent. if he did play harder he would probably earn his contract and be quite a good first liner. talent isnt his problem, its heart an compete

This is an adequate description of Eberle of years past. He has worked on his defensive game a lot this year though. He used to be the type of guy who was a liability when not scoring. That isn't really true anymore. He isn't a "shut down" forward, but he is no longer a defensive liability most of the time.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Kucherov is the Oilers best option, if that option becomes available.
Other than that, keep him for the expansion draft and expose him to Vegas to protect other players.
Another option could be, Gallagher for Eberle (1.5m retained) in a change of scenery deal, as Hab fans seem to be unhappy with Gallagher lately.

lol what are they adding for Kucherov? Draisaitl?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad