Jonathan Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Ofcourse the three biggest problems would miss it. Saad can get a pass I guess but Saad missed a tournament in April because he had a wedding 3 month later??? Ya let’s not use the wedding as an execuse, he just missed it cause he didn’t want to go and play...

Toews still gets a break from the homer fans here lol, he should be at the convention whether he likes it or not, any captain should not miss these events. Ask yourself who really wants to be there? Anyone in their right mind think that Kane would actually rather be at the convention than doing his own thing? These excuses are just getting ridiculous for captain intangibles...

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

NoHuman

May 31, 2018
Just an fyi - the Hawks have been handling the convention attendees a little differently this year. They’ve been announcing each player separately for the past few weeks- go look at their instagram/twitter. In years past they’ve just put out one list, but they’ve be drawing the process out. (Maybe they’re worried about the ticket sales/hype for the convention after a bad season?) Kane was just announced yesterday, so I think the link you provided is an ongoing update.

Just wanted to put that out there because it is still possible they’ll announce Toews in the next few days. Maybe table the discussion until we know for sure haha. But I wouldn’t expect Saad to go, especially if his wedding is exactly a week before. It’d be crazy demanding to expect a guy to cut his honeymoon short to come to a fan convention.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Just an fyi - the Hawks have been handling the convention attendees a little differently this year. They’ve been announcing each player separately for the past few weeks- go look at their instagram/twitter. In years past they’ve just put out one list, but they’ve be drawing the process out. (Maybe they’re worried about the ticket sales/hype for the convention after a bad season?) Kane was just announced yesterday, so I think the link you provided is an ongoing update.

Just wanted to put that out there because it is still possible they’ll announce Toews in the next few days. Maybe table the discussion until we know for sure haha. But I wouldn’t expect Saad to go, especially if his wedding is exactly a week before. It’d be crazy demanding to expect a guy to cut his honeymoon short to come to a fan convention.

Especially after he lit it up last season, the guy deserves a pass, on NOTHING.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Holy shit. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Talk about finding something to whine about just to whine. Get a grip people. Yeah, Saad should not go on a honeymoon so he can come to the convention! :sarcasm: :facepalm: Toews, I could really care less. It's a damn convention that he has attended like 8 times. No one knows if he has some kind of prior engagement going on then, a vacation previously planned, some family obligation, etc. Who cares? This is people bitching just to bitch. It's kinda sad really.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Holy ****. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Talk about finding something to whine about just to whine. Get a grip people. Yeah, Saad should not go on a honeymoon so he can come to the convention! :sarcasm: :facepalm: Toews, I could really care less. It's a damn convention that he has attended like 8 times. No one knows if he has some kind of prior engagement going on then, a vacation previously planned, some family obligation, etc. Who cares? This is people *****ing just to *****. It's kinda sad really.

Who cares? The same people who care when he doesn't show up for games!! For 2 effing seasons, that's who cares.

Funny how this scheduled team event comes as surprise to some players.

Move 19

Reactions: Blackhawks

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Who cares? The same people who care when he doesn't show up for games!! For 2 effing seasons, that's who cares.

Funny how this scheduled team event comes as surprise to some players.

Move 19

The fact that you would actually care about him making an appearance at what is nothing but an overpriced marketing/money-making scheme by McD is ridiculous.

Funny how no one knows what the actual inside story is on why he may not be attending, or if he will even be MIA for it, yet they're so quick to jump down his throat. I'm critical of his play, also, and rightfully so. But to be critical of him for this is ridiculous. No different than people bitching about him taking vacations, or wakeboarding, or anything else. It's petty and childish, and should be reserved for the 12 year olds who might miss him at the convention. These guys aren't robots, and they have lives outside of hockey, whether anyone cares to admit it or not.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Ofcourse the three biggest problems would miss it. Saad can get a pass I guess but Saad missed a tournament in April because he had a wedding 3 month later??? Ya let’s not use the wedding as an execuse, he just missed it cause he didn’t want to go and play...

Toews still gets a break from the homer fans here lol, he should be at the convention whether he likes it or not, any captain should not miss these events. Ask yourself who really wants to be there? Anyone in their right mind think that Kane would actually rather be at the convention than doing his own thing? These excuses are just getting ridiculous for captain intangibles...

You do realize this is a Blackhawks (Edit: fan) forum, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Toews has checked out at this point.

He’s basically a two-way second line center at this point. Hopefully he becomes more than that again, but I’m not willing to count on that.

I have more faith in Schmaltz producing offensively as a first-line center with Kane (and hopefully DeBrincat) than I do in Toews scoring in the high 60s again.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He’s basically a two-way second line center at this point. Hopefully he becomes more than that again, but I’m not willing to count on that.

I have more faith in Schmaltz producing offensively as a first-line center with Kane (and hopefully DeBrincat) than I do in Toews scoring in the high 60s again.

I don't trust him doing it with Quenneville and his system, especially with the responsibility with the centers. Kings fans were saying the same thing about Dustin Brown before this past season (hell almost all of their guys had breakout years after Sutter left).

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Holy ****. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Talk about finding something to whine about just to whine. Get a grip people. Yeah, Saad should not go on a honeymoon so he can come to the convention! :sarcasm: :facepalm: Toews, I could really care less. It's a damn convention that he has attended like 8 times. No one knows if he has some kind of prior engagement going on then, a vacation previously planned, some family obligation, etc. Who cares? This is people *****ing just to *****. It's kinda sad really.
I am surprised there is a woman out there that even wants to marry him after the season he just had!!! lol!!!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Completely agree. Making something out of nothing.
Not surprised at all.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
OMG, right?!?!?
I think some are going off the deep end a bit here. The guy had a disappointing season, skipped out on playing for team USA which I wasn't overly thrilled with because I think it could have done a lot of good for him and his confidence if he went to play with the top talent that was there - you know, end the year on a good note...but this???? bitching about a guy not going to a convention?? what would this help him out with, bettering his autograph signing skills???

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think some are going off the deep end a bit here. The guy had a disappointing season, skipped out on playing for team USA which I wasn't overly thrilled with because I think it could have done a lot of good for him and his confidence if he went to play with the top talent that was there - you know, end the year on a good note...but this???? *****ing about a guy not going to a convention?? what would this help him out with, bettering his autograph signing skills???

Bingo. You're forgetting how much bettering his autograph skills could help with his hand-eye coordination, his focus, and his muscle memory!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Me: Hmmm, I wonder why the Toews thread is being bumped at the end of May.

Oh.

It's one of these conversations right now... Dunno why I didn't do the same myself.

Simpsons-walk-in-walk-out-whistling.gif

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I've been waiting for someone to post Toews' interviews with TSN a couple days ago. I'm sure they can find something he said in those interviews and bash him for that too.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Bingo. You're forgetting how much bettering his autograph skills could help with his hand-eye coordination, his focus, and his muscle memory!
exactly- practice with signing more "graphs" can lead to more tip-ins! at least this is what McDope is probably telling his players with all his years of on ice hockey experience.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don't trust him doing it with Quenneville and his system, especially with the responsibility with the centers. Kings fans were saying the same thing about Dustin Brown before this past season (hell almost all of their guys had breakout years after Sutter left).

Maybe Toews will become a top scoring center after Quenneville, but I’m not banking on that either.

I think the Hawks are getting lucky that Schmaltz is blossoming into the type of center who can put up first line center offense, and don’t necessarily need Toews to provide that anymore.

Toews can still play a key role on this team, but I’m no longer convinced he needs to be the top offensive center.

Seeing what Vegas’ smaller first line continues to do in these playoffs has me convinced a DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane first line could also work in this current league. DeBrincat plays bigger than his size, Schmaltz is solid to good defensively and has an elite stick check, Kane is Kane.

A Hinostroza-Toews-Saad second line is not bad. Toews and Saad still have an important role as the top PK unit, while providing supplemental offense in 5v5 and PP time.

I’m just done holding my breathe for a Toews rebound, and I’m to the point of accepting that he is what he is. It was harder to accept before watching this Vegas team, but now I don’t feel so sick about it.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Maybe Toews will become a top scoring center after Quenneville, but I’m not banking on that either.

Never said he could be nor do I want him to be. I'll gladly take the 70 point (well average wise), possession juggernaut he once was who won seemingly nearly every board battle. That's the guy I miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad