Injury Report: Jonathan Quick Injury Thread

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I thought the 6 week time frame was already pretty much established after Quick got back to LA from Buffalo?

Make a move for who? If Quick was out for the year, then you make a move. As long as Scrivens gives the Kings a chance to win, then why bring in someone else?

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Scrivens has been out of his mind, why would the Kings need to bring in another goalie? If anything this gives Quick the chance to heal properly and not rush back and Scrivens agent has to be going crazy right now with that big UFA hanging out there. If Scrivens can keep even close to a pace he's on til Xmas he'll have another Xmas come July.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
That's great.... I can just picture someone in a meeting checking their phone because they're bored... Getting the news standing up Yelling F$#@ and spiking their phone....

It's only about 19 games with a bunch of division/conference games. I brought up Miller a few days back... Then it wasn't looking like a good idea... just kinda why bother... Scrivens is doing well.... Now is that a bad idea? We'll just have to see how long Scrivens can keep it up.

I did exactly this :laugh: luckily, it's when everyone but my boss left the room, and he sympathized heavily.

Time to test what these boys are made of! Take your time Quickie, we'll hold down the fort!

Think Ari Gold.

Ewan McGregor*

**** that's still too long. hope Scrivens can keep holding the fort

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
I am just wondering what do you guys think will happen if Scrivens plays like he is now until new year when JQ comes back; will he be still getting 1 out of 10 games ?
I mean we have to be honest, he is the better goalie for us this year.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I am just wondering what do you guys think will happen if Scrivens plays like he is now until new year when JQ comes back; will he be still getting 1 out of 10 games ?
I mean we have to be honest, he is the better goalie for us this year.

You go back to Quick. He's the #1 for a long time to come.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Drew Bledsoe, Alex Smith??? You go with the hot hand, period.

(not that I think Scrivens can pass Quick however)

Well yeah, if they only played one game a week, that would be great :sarcasm:

I think ideally he forces a time share for most of the season and Quick gets a lot of work to get focused for the playoffs.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Drew Bledsoe, Alex Smith??? You go with the hot hand, period.

(not that I think Scrivens can pass Quick however)

First of all, those are quarterbacks not goalies, they're completely different. Secondly, they were replaced by young up and coming prospects with spectacular talent who eventually went on to become franchise QBs. They were not hot hands, they were younger, better QBs in the eyes of the organization.

Scrivens is a backup. He's fulfilling his role right now but sooner or later, he is going to come back down to earth, so hopefully Quick will be ready by then. But even if he somehow sustains this, you still put your franchise goaltender back in.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Quick is not someone you put on the bench and leave him there.

That's your 7 mill dollar Franchise Goalie.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Benching is different than easing him into the lineup.

What do people mean when they say that ?

The kings don't play every day, You have to play the guy.

So you only play him once a week ? twice a week ? you might as well bench him

Quick needs to play, a lot....Most if not all (starting goalies do).

If your afraid of the guy getting injured...then you might as well find yourself another Goalie.

You can't have players on your roster , that you baby cause they might get hurt... Especially in Hockey.

If Quick is cleared and says I am 100%, you play the guy.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It means if he would normally play 90-95 percent of games in one month (probably more) I would play him 75-80 percent in his first month back. Pure precautionary measures. Call me crazy though.

And before everyone gets worked up, I'm not saying Scrivens is better or the future. I'm simply protecting an investment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad