Injury Report: Jonathan Quick Injury Thread

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
The rule on LTIR is 10 games/24 days. If they aren't making the LTIR move, maybe it's because they really think Quick will be back in < 10gms/24 days.

That said, I hope they're almost overly patient with him considering that Scrivens has looked solid AND we (and by 'we' I mean the good ole US of A) need a 100% healthy Quick so we can stand at the top of the podium in Sochi.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
They may be holding off putting Quick on LTIR just to see what kind of time table they're really looking at. It depends entirely on just how bad the injury was. We know it's category 2, but that has a broad range of recovery itself.

I expect he will eventually go LTIR though. Those kinds of injuries seem to just linger longer than you hope.

Actually, DL did want him. Phoenix just beat us to it.

I could've sworn DL criticized him at one of the season ticketholder breakfasts following him being waived. If he really wanted him, he could have traded something for him too. But I vaguely remember some cryptic comments about him being a problem in the dressing room and this is pre-24/7 lunacy.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Miller & Hiller? Seriously?! I wanna throw things at you guys.....

I get that a lot. Don't know why. :laugh:

Scurvy's been playing great, hope it keeps up. TB will be a big test to see where the Kings are at. (TB has a good record against the west) With the division/playoff picture the way it is, going into must win division games with the backup is going to be rough. Even if that back up is Scrivens. For that matter those games are going to be challenging with Quick.

This season is just balls the way the rest of the division's played. What Kings best road record to start in history of the Kings and they are in a wild card spot... They're playing great with their injuries and it's barley enough to keep up with the playoffs race. Still early hopefully Phoenix will fall on their face. Hasn't old man Doan retired yet? :laugh:

Wawota

Feb 9, 2007
Burbank
Miller & Hiller? Seriously?! I wanna throw things at you guys.....

Danny Kaye wrote the Dodger Song in 1963, when the San Francisco Giants had Stu Miller, a pitcher, a 2d baseman named ChucK Hiller and a catcher named Tom Haller.

This discussion brought to my mind a line about an infield pop up from that song:

"Hiller hollars Haller, Haller hollars Hiller; Miller hollars Haller, points to Hiller with his fist, and that's the Miller-Hiller-Haller hallelujah twist".

I say: Go Benny! Let's have another one, just like the other one(or two).

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
you might want to double check the standings from that year

At the time Phx was below LA because it was still early in the season and they were using 06/07 final standings to determine order. But the "rumor" at the time was Anaheim wanted more than LA was willing to part with. At the time the Kings were looking for a goalie.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I could've sworn DL criticized him at one of the season ticketholder breakfasts following him being waived. If he really wanted him, he could have traded something for him too. But I vaguely remember some cryptic comments about him being a problem in the dressing room and this is pre-24/7 lunacy.

I think that was one of the first times DL went into the whole "when you add a player you have to be sure that player is the right fit for your team" speech. There was a lot of speculation that he was a problem in the room because he was being very publicly shopped for a couple of weeks and no one was offering anything for him.

At the time Phx was below LA because it was still early in the season and they were using 06/07 final standings to determine order. But the "rumor" at the time was Anaheim wanted more than LA was willing to part with. At the time the Kings were looking for a goalie.

I thought Phoenix had picked someone up recently and was at the end of the line at the time (or was that Edmonton?) I thought at one point there was a rule in place that if you picked up a player on waivers you got bumped to the end of the line or something similar to that.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I'm kind of surprised that no one recalls us putting in a claim for Bryz. I believe Hammonds even had an interview with Lombardi regarding the claim.

And of course, the day he got claimed by phx, Bryz and the yotes shutout the kings 1-0.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I'm kind of surprised that no one recalls us putting in a claim for Bryz. I believe Hammonds even had an interview with Lombardi regarding the claim.

And of course, the day he got claimed by phx, Bryz and the yotes shutout the kings 1-0.

Did some digging because... well, insomnia and there's a lot mis-rembering it would seem (even on my part.)

First it was painful going through Hammonds' old site and seeing names like Thornton, Ivanans, LaBarbera, Cloutier, etc.

Second this was the only mention of anything I saw around that time of DL talking about Bryzgalov in an interview:

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2007/11/20/lombardi-part-3-2/

With this being the only mention of him;

Q: I know it’s an irrelevant point, but was there no interest in Bryzgalov on your part?

LOMBARDI: Let’s just say, not really. The question was moot anyway, with Phoenix having the pick. I think Jason (LaBarbera) has done a good job, and you also know how I feel about developing from within. Overall I think our goaltending, most nights, has been what we should expect. Some nights it hasn’t been great, just like some nights our forwards haven’t been great, but overall I think Jason has done a good job.

There's a post a few pages earlier that says Phoenix did indeed have priority over the Kings in the waiver wire, but judging from DL's comments there didn't appear to be much interest.

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/357713

Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi appeared on Sportsnet's HockeyCentral at noon radio/television show on Wednesday. During Lombardi's appearance he delivered some bad news regarding the health status of goaltender Jonathan Quick:

Quick's injury is a groin strain, which is often a difficult injuries for goalies to recover from.

The only bright side for Los Angeles: backup goaltender Ben Scrivens has been excellent in Quick's absence so far.

twitter quote:
John Shannon @JSportsnet
Follow
Wow... Dean Lombardi just told HockeyCentral at noon that Jonathan Quick will be out at least another month.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
The team has rallied behind Scrivens and I'm actually quite curious as to what Jones can do at the NHL level. I say, take as much time off as you need, Quick.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Just got it on my phone. Almost broke phone.

That's great.... I can just picture someone in a meeting checking their phone because they're bored... Getting the news standing up Yelling F$#@ and spiking their phone....

It's only about 19 games with a bunch of division/conference games. I brought up Miller a few days back... Then it wasn't looking like a good idea... just kinda why bother... Scrivens is doing well.... Now is that a bad idea? We'll just have to see how long Scrivens can keep it up.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's great.... I can just picture someone in a meeting checking their phone because they're bored... Getting the news standing up Yelling F$#@ and spiking their phone....

It's only about 19 games with a bunch of division/conference games. I brought up Miller a few days back... Then it wasn't looking like a good idea... just kinda why bother... Scrivens is doing well.... Now is that a bad idea? We'll just have to see how long Scrivens can keep it up.

I did exactly this :laugh: luckily, it's when everyone but my boss left the room, and he sympathized heavily.

Time to test what these boys are made of! Take your time Quickie, we'll hold down the fort!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad