Injury Report: Jonathan Quick Injury Thread

Haik

Feb 11, 2005
This why you don't do people favors when your the Boss. DL should have just told Bernier sorry but you will get your turn in RFA or FA. He blew it and he knows it.

Bernier was a RFA and he wasn't signing with us. He would've held out until Dean traded him. Get over it

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Now it's 4 to 6 weeks? I'd say that's significantly more concerning than the 2-3 weeks that was predicted earlier in this thread.

I still am hopeful that it will turn out to be 3 weeks but feel that what I had heard and posted "more than a couple of weeks" will end up being accurate.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
I still am hopeful that it will turn out to be 3 weeks but feel that what I had heard and posted "more than a couple of weeks" will end up being accurate.

I hope this turns out to be the case because I think Scrivens can hold down the fort for 3 weeks (12 games) but anything significantly longer than that and we're really pressing our luck.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I hope this turns out to be the case because I think Scrivens can hold down the fort for 3 weeks (12 games) but anything significantly longer than that and we're really pressing our luck.

I agree. I like Scrivens but am not sold on him being a long term solution. 12 games with 1 or 2 going to Jones would be about as far as I would push it too. Here's to hoping that JQ makes it back ahead of schedule or that my lack of faith in Scrivens as a more long term solution are wrong.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
All's I'm sayin is don't mess up one of the best Kings goalies ever and rush him back. He's too good of a goalie to just throw back and needs to have a vibrant career. Scrivens will more than hold his own I'm sure.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
Where's the logic in your argument? Why 3 weeks and not 2, 4, 5 or 6 weeks?

Over a long enough timeline, an average back up goalie (which Scrivens is) starts to play like a back up goalie, due to over-exposure. I think Scrivens is probably good enough to maintain average NHL starting goaltending for the span of time that TG estimated, 3 weeks. Maybe he'll be good enough for 2 weeks or maybe he'll be good for 4 weeks. It's impossible to accurately predict but adding a 4th week (3 more games) then a 5th week (3 more games) and a 6th week (3 more games) is all but assuring the limitations in Scrivens game will be showcased.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
Over a long enough timeline, an average back up goalie (which Scrivens is) starts to play like a back up goalie, due to over-exposure. I think Scrivens is probably good enough to maintain average NHL starting goaltending for the span of time that TG estimated, 3 weeks. Maybe he'll be good enough for 2 weeks or maybe he'll be good for 4 weeks. It's impossible to accurately predict but adding a 4th week (3 more games) then a 5th week (3 more games) and a 6th week (3 more games) is all but assuring the limitations in Scrivens game will be showcased.

I'm in total agreement. Scrivens is fine for 10-15 games a season he isn't good enough to be a number one. It's just so clear he isn't in the same league as Bernier or Quick. Doesn't have Berniers calmness and positioning or even close to Quicks athleticism.

If some of the larger numbers for Quick turn out to be true (6+ weeks or even two months) we're going to be in a bit of trouble (what is that? 20-30 games?). That's also ignoring the time needed to get back to full speed. I'm not sure Jones has the ceiling for a starter and that's a lot to ask for a 23 year old rookie.

Teams got to double down on defense. We've been shaky and we don't have a goalie that can steal games.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Well... Was messing around on capgeek and it would appear that if Stoll/Clifford were moved (with other injuries coming back Carter/Greene) There would be enough cap space to sign Miller at 50%. Could run 1 extra forward, 1 extra D and 3 Goalies.

Pros: Miller until Kings get a healthy Quick back, (no need to rush) then they fight over starting spot/Olympics:laugh:. Scrivens is doing great, but some reports have Quick out a possible 6+ weeks.

Cons:
-Cost to acquire Miller. Start at Clifford/Stoll for cap reasons, at least a 1st...
-At end of the season Kings have 3 goalies, 2 needing contracts and Miller/Quick tandem from a monetary stand point is probably not workable. Sorting out this mess means Miller could just be a rental for the rest of this year. Which really limits how much the Kings can pay.

Just got a case of crazy delivered and don't have anything better to do at this hour. :laugh:

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
I'd prefer Hiller as a rental over Miller. Hiller is at the twilight of his career, has some health issues though still would be an adequate backup to keep Quick worry about his starting job if he re-signs. Also, he'd keep living in same area. The question is, what pieces from us would tempt Ducks? The pick from Toronto and a prospect like Sabourin is what I'd be willing to give for him easily. Yeah I know it's Anaheim, but Hiller looks to me as a really decent option. I'm also a big fan of his flashy style.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Let Scrivens have 2 bad games in a row before we start worrying. Rather have money at the deadline to fill a real need

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
What has happened, did I miss a game ? Did Scrivens allow 6 goals ?

I just checked, seems like the Kings play 7.00 PM ET. I seriously thought I had missed the game vs the Rangers after reading the last few posts. Unbelievable.

Scrivens is playing really well and people here are willing up to give up cap space and assets.

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The difference between Scrivens/Hiller in our system is going to be marginal at best, and I personally think Hiller is a step down from Scrivens. I won't even mention Miller because he's not getting acquired.

The Kings are one of the best in the league at clearing out 2nd chances and limiting outnumbered attacks. No way are assets going to be given up when we have a perfectly capable guy in Scrivens. He's put up great numbers so far, and he hasn't even played at home yet.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Oh, I'm absolutely content with Scrivens' play as of late. I don't know the exact timetable but I'm guessing Quick won't return after about 15 games or so and that is a long enough stretch to compel the Scrivens/Jones tandem. I'm just saying it won't hurt to take a glance at some of the options and there is one very near in Hiller, that's all.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Oh, I'm absolutely content with Scrivens' play as of late. I don't know the exact timetable but I'm guessing Quick won't return after about 15 games or so and that is a long enough stretch to compel the Scrivens/Jones tandem. I'm just saying it won't hurt to take a glance at some of the options and there is one very near in Hiller, that's all.

What do you mean of late??? Quick's only been out the last two games.

And have you even considered how much Hiller is making?

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
As of late means two games, but he's been good generally this season.

About Hiller, I'm aware it's a reach, probably even a pipe dream. But he's a better option than Miller.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
If only Bryz stayed on the market one more week, I'm somewhat sure DL would consider going after him after what happened to Quick. He wasn't gonna demand much and playing for a good team after years would motivate him.

fyrescorp

Apr 19, 2006
Scrivens will be fine. He has played 51 games in 2011-2012 between the Marlies and the Leafs. Dude has 2 shutouts in what, 3 starts?

Hiller? No way. I wouldn't want to give anything to Anaheim for him. Don't want to help them at all. Ever.

Miller. Not a chance.

Bryz? Seriously?

Captain Mittens*

If only Bryz stayed on the market one more week, I'm somewhat sure DL would consider going after him after what happened to Quick.

DL could have had him for free on waivers a few years ago and didn't pick him up. He doesn't want him

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
If only Bryz stayed on the market one more week, I'm somewhat sure DL would consider going after him after what happened to Quick. He wasn't gonna demand much and playing for a good team after years would motivate him.

While I strongly disagree with the acquisitions of either Miller or Hiller, I do agree that Lombardi probably would have picked up Bryz, and I believe that he would have been a solid pickup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00